Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

CHL

Superstar
Daps
:jbhmm:

fixed :troll:

all the little white girls will be dressed as Rey aka New Katniss, all the little white boys as the hot shot Poe, and black kids will be the space garbage man finn (aka black peeta mellark) with the special edition broom :mjcry:
w/e no they won't

He was the one who had the power (maybe because he's force sensitive :sas2:) to resist their programming and defect as soon as he had his first mission

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
We knew going into Star Wars: The Force Awakens that Kylo Ren was a big Darth Vader fanboy, but the reasons why are not really elaborated upon in the movie. Of course, it is revealed that Vader is (SPOILER alert) his grandfather, but surely Han, Leia and Luke would have explained that Anakin Skywalker ultimately rejected the dark side and brought balance to the force - so why was Kylo (or, Ben) so enamoured with and taken in by his Sith history?

J.J. Abrams offers a pretty good explanation during an interview with IGN.

“Kylo Ren idolizes Darth Vader, not Anakin Skywalker. He idolizes what Vader represents and what Vader was trying to do. And the idea that Vader didn’t succeed, if you look at it from Ren’s point of view, he was seduced by the enemy and failed because of that seduction. So the idea is that Ren wants to complete the thing that Vader started.”

The director also touches on how the great power in Ben Solo was able to be manipulated and turned to the dark side.

“An incredible power, an incredible force, and incredible potential that was, like many young people, sort of misguided and unclear. And the story for him is one of conflict, not just internal conflict but external conflict. And it’s what makes him a rather interesting villain.”

CHL

Superstar
Daps
We knew going into Star Wars: The Force Awakens that Kylo Ren was a big Darth Vader fanboy, but the reasons why are not really elaborated upon in the movie. Of course, it is revealed that Vader is (SPOILER alert) his grandfather, but surely Han, Leia and Luke would have explained that Anakin Skywalker ultimately rejected the dark side and brought balance to the force - so why was Kylo (or, Ben) so enamoured with and taken in by his Sith history?

J.J. Abrams offers a pretty good explanation during an interview with IGN.

“Kylo Ren idolizes Darth Vader, not Anakin Skywalker. He idolizes what Vader represents and what Vader was trying to do. And the idea that Vader didn’t succeed, if you look at it from Ren’s point of view, he was seduced by the enemy and failed because of that seduction. So the idea is that Ren wants to complete the thing that Vader started.”

The director also touches on how the great power in Ben Solo was able to be manipulated and turned to the dark side.

“An incredible power, an incredible force, and incredible potential that was, like many young people, sort of misguided and unclear. And the story for him is one of conflict, not just internal conflict but external conflict. And it’s what makes him a rather interesting villain.”

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok looks like im going to the 430 am showing tomorrow solo...im wondering if i should get the tickets right now or tomorrow when i show up

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Chewbacca raged brehs :mjcry:
R2 woke up :mjcry:
They opted for the hunk of junk ship :mjcry:

C3po:wow:

Luke looking like a real master :wow:

:feedme:

I really want to see what Luke got...... Especially with him being that dude.......... 2017 though seems like a long wait but :whew: ....... I feel like Luke might bring some real shyt..... We will see...... I hated how it ended with that shyt going in the circle :snoop:...... I'm not sure if I can stand the wait :mjcry: