Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry my man I play attention to the racial politics in everything. Yea, I am aware Rey the white character was gonna have the force and be naturally good at everything like every damn Cac character in the movie.
What are you referencing? She isn't naturally good at everything she just has mechanical skills and some pilot skills and the force . Finn is able to be a gunner on more than one type of ship with no training and there is a scene of them both complimenting each other on their skills . Finn is also able to use a light saber vs Kylo possibly without the force and use a blaster . and helps the resistance take down the starkiller and saves Poe . Rey also isn't able to use a blaster at first and forgets to turn off the safety and then gets bodied by Kylo and captured . You haven't seen the movie breh you just keep talking based on other people's opinions . Poe is actually the most impressive skill wise and is the best pilot

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
yeah they wont mention it, but if you throw that out you throw out all the prequels, which I dont think is the intention. They just wont bring those things up (thank god) The prequels are still part of the story, but wont be alluded to...plus in this timeline those storys are 60 years old, so there is no real reason to
They don't mention it because they don't know about them. Everyone who know about them are long gone

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is for the spoilers thread so I'll go into detail there but Finn showed himself to be more than capable, was not a coward in any way and yeah.. he was funny, so what. Han Solo makes quips all the time, I don't see anyone bytching about that. These movies need a little comedy because most Jedi's are a little dry :francis:
Look at how the Pirates treat Han he's very similar to Finn and even tried to school Finn on lying . People are blinded by Finns color and want to see racism even as Han is getting chased. Even the monster scene is harmless and Rey fukks up snd releases the monster

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I really liked it!! I just finished it Finn was hilarious plus put in alot of work all things considered Finn is gonna be the new han solo from the looks of it. And that last scene with my dude was awesome!!!!

CWkIPNUUEAA08jp.jpg

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Han is probably the most loved character in the series, if Finn is supposed to be a Han type which is what I think they are going for, then that's great. Han is not one dimensional.

Han has a lot of that "fukk this, I'm out" attitude. He also is a liar and a thief but he's got a good heart and always ends up doing what's right and he is brave... and even if it's not a situation he is entirely comfortable with and no knowledge, he'll do his best and find a way to make it work.

That is exactly what the Finn character is.

The people who bytched in this thread for pages and pages without even seeing the fukking movie mind you need to hit the weights and get a clue.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Yeah, but it was the most realisitic hologram in Star Wars history. I was staring at the screen like :dwillhuh:.

true but that's just cgi advancing I think and the fact that they didn't use CGI for EVERYTHING in the whole damn movie means they could spend big when they wanted to so scenes like that got the right treatment. it's basically advanced Skype

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia

I don't know why but I have heard that once Disney took over they trashed a lot of not all of the expanded universe stuff so all the extra books and stories and all that has come out probably since Jedi is basically shyt canned. They want to stick with what the fans like. General consensus is fans don't like the prequels as much as the OG films. Midichlorian were something Lucas made up for the prequels I don't think it's mentioned in the originals.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im watching the cast on jimy kimmel rey got big teeth and a mouth....i wonder if it bothers mark hamil that he isnt doing any interviews...i cant wait to see this movie

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I'm home brehs.

@Numero Deux @Box Cutta @wire28

Here we go.

Tomorrow I'll speak on the interesting conversation I had with the Asian guy. I'm tired

Finally got a chance to read your thoughts...damn, the beginning I was like :krs:, but by the end, I knew that the worst fears were confirmed....:snoop:

Ultimately...sounds like the character has *caveats*, and that's disappointing. They were okay with a brother in that type of part because they knew it was a sad-sack get shyt on by the girl role. What kid would want to dress up as Finn for Halloween?

I'll still see it at some point, probably wait for all the hype and shyt to calm down. shyt at this point, I've seen half the movie through clips/instagrams and shyt....:laugh:

What happened between you and the asian cat?

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I was fine with Rey beating his ass. She was shown earlier to know how to defend herself and skilled with a staff, at least. Kylo hasn't had full training yet and acts like an entitled brat who thinks he's better than he really is.
Kylo Ren = AOTC Anakin Skywalker

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
So Rey's Luke's daughter.

I don't think so because she was old enough to recognize her family when they got taken, plus they make it seem like Luke was long gone by that time. But you never know, the way he looked at her could mean that either he knew something serious was going on or he saw his long lost daughter. I think going the daughter route would be too cliche unless it's a Luke and Leia situation.