Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
movie-theaters.jpg

twice.png

logo.jpg

:camgroot:

I am Groot...​

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And again..your complaints are things that'll more than likely show later in the other trilogies...... as they were in the ORIGINAL trilogy. And you knew the motivations of Rey, she was deserted with a false hope of her "family" would return...... her background SUPPOSED to be a mystery.. it doesn't need to be elaborated. And again, A New Hope had a lot of telling of past events too that they never shown (until the prequels)... this is absolutely NITPICKING... just because you wish they spoonfed you with things that they made a conscious decision to without for this moment.

I'm not nitpicking. I'm judging this movie as an actual FILM. A New Hope was a great movie on its own merits. The same with Empire Strikes Back. The success of this movie is completely dependent on both the nostalgia for the OT as well as whether or not the remaining films are successful payoffs. Compare this movie to Creed. Creed similarly relied heavily on nostalgia for the original film and set up future sequels. But outside of all of that, judging it based on its own merits it was a great film ON IT'S OWN. Had a great character arc, a great emotional payoff and a well told story. The story in the Force Awakens was lacking for me severely and the pacing was off. All the emotional stakes of the film weren't earned, they were based on things from the past films or based on assumptions(like the ones you're making) about where the story will go in future films. That's why to me the movie is a good franchise starter but not a particularly good movie

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Underwhelmed, brehs... mad underwhelmed. That doesn't even have anything to do with the major issue most of us are having, either. That review posted by @Drew Wonder a few posts ago was dead-on accurate.

shyt felt like the first episode of a 10 part HBO series, and not a trilogy of movies to come out once every three years :hmm:

Exactly

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Just got in from a late showing.

JJ did the same as he did for Star Trek, a ton of fan service, but still easy for a casual viewer to watch. Interested to see where they take the franchise next :jbhmm:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
We had a private screening that cut straight to the LucasFilm logo, then the typical Star Wars/John Williams explosion, then the crawl. No trailers, nothing.

Did the Disney logo come on, or did everyone's go straight to the LucasFIlm logo, too?