Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:camby: Nobody complained about the story being "incomplete" with LOTR:FOTR

We know it going to be a trilogy, and know the premise and plot of the 1st "new" installment which they completed in telling.... what MORE are people asking for? Saying this movie was incomplete when it is a remix of A NEW HOPE is basically contradicting itself by claiming A New Hope was a complete story. I HATE NITPICKING BULLshyt... which I should of expected, but damn... saying it's incomplete.. crying about character developments.... did we know ANYTHING about Luke, Han and Leia from the 1st film?? We knew nothing at about them... it evolved as we went through the trilogy... we STILL do not know Han's origin outside of him being a smuggler... so why people are bytching about shyt we KNOW will eventually be revealed????

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps

We know it going to be a trilogy, and know the premise and plot of the 1st "new" installment which they completed in telling.... what MORE are people asking for? Saying this movie was incomplete when it is a remix of A NEW HOPE is basically contradicting itself by claiming A New Hope was a complete story. I HATE NITPICKING BULLshyt... which I should of expected, but damn... saying it's incomplete.. crying about character developments.... did we know ANYTHING about Luke, Han and Leia from the 1st film?? We knew nothing at about them... it evolved as we went through the trilogy... we STILL do not know Han's origin outside of him being a smuggler... so why people are bytching about shyt we KNOW will eventually be revealed????
Because they don't like a black stormtrooper. Sad.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just saw it loved it . All the new guys shined. Poe and Finn Moreso than Rey to me.
finn I don't think is force sensitive but loved the character then again he handled himself vs ren pretty good and even got him in the shoulder . Rey can't be Luke's daughter but her family has some ties to him it looks
how old are they supposed to be ? Poe appears in his 30s while Rey/Finn are like 20?? so I doubt he gets with Rey and also they have no scenes or anything .

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

We know it going to be a trilogy, and know the premise and plot of the 1st "new" installment which they completed in telling.... what MORE are people asking for? Saying this movie was incomplete when it is a remix of A NEW HOPE is basically contradicting itself by claiming A New Hope was a complete story. I HATE NITPICKING BULLshyt... which I should of expected, but damn... saying it's incomplete.. crying about character developments.... did we know ANYTHING about Luke, Han and Leia from the 1st film?? We knew nothing at about... it evolved as we went through the trilogy... we STILL do not know Han's origin outside of him being a smuggler... so why people are bytching about shyt we KNOW will eventually be revealed????

First of all, calm the fukk down :what:

Second, yes we all know this is part of a trilogy and a longer story. The point the reviewer was making is that even though A New Hope and Empire were parts of a trilogy they were still self-sustaining films which dealt with their own concrete issues unique to their individual plot. The character development was also good enough in those films where we see complete character arcs. Even Fellowship of the Ring with the cliffhanger still had a complete story arc for Frodo and did a good enough job explaining his motivations while setting the stakes.

As I said before, Rey's conflict is directly tied to her backstory which the movie doesn't bother to explain. Therefore the audience isn't as emotionally connected to her conflict because we really have no idea what her background is. Even with Luke in a New Hope, yes there was still mystery to where his character would go but enough was given to us about his motivations and conflict that his character arc felt complete.

This movie reminded me a lot of Prometheus. Too much attention to creating mystery and vagueness, not enough to making a compelling enough plot. Too much emphasis on what's not there rather than what's actually there.

As I said before, The Force Awakens had a lot of telling, not showing. A lot of references to past events that I honestly believe would have made a more compelling story than what we ended up seeing.

Now take a deep breath and stop being emotional. Not everyone is gonna love this film like you did and those that critique it aren't automatically haters. I love Star Wars, all of my criticisms are my criticisms as a fan.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes....the only gripe I had you already posted

Rey being able to fend off Kylo...thought that was stupid as fukk...but her being able to use the force is not far fetched, as Luke did with very little training in Empire

I enjoyed it, what can I say.....it was pretty much what I expected, and the movie was made for the fans. It is what it is :manny:
he wasn't trying to kill Rey plus he was injured and using one side . I mean when he had Rey on the edge he tried to recruit her not kill her . Also he isn't Vader, isn't fully trained plus he acts like a spoiled kid so it's possible Rey is naturally stronger and Kylo looks so good due to the fact that he was facing regular people all movie

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First of all, calm the fukk down :what:

Second, yes we all know this is part of a trilogy and a longer story. The point the reviewer was making is that even though A New Hope and Empire were parts of a trilogy they were still self-sustaining films which dealt with their own concrete issues unique to their individual plot. The character development was also good enough in those films where we see complete character arcs. Even Fellowship of the Ring with the cliffhanger still had a complete story arc for Frodo and did a good enough job explaining his motivations while setting the stakes.

As I said before, Rey's conflict is directly tied to her backstory which the movie doesn't bother to explain. Therefore the audience isn't as emotionally connected to her conflict because we really have no idea what her background is. Even with Luke in a New Hope, yes there was still mystery to where his character would go but enough was given to us about his motivations and conflict that his character arc felt complete.

This movie reminded me a lot of Prometheus. Too much attention to creating mystery and vagueness, not enough to making a compelling enough plot. Too much emphasis on what's not there rather than what's actually there.

As I said before, The Force Awakens had a lot of telling, not showing. A lot of references to past events that I honestly believe would have made a more compelling story than what we ended up seeing.

Now take a deep breath and stop being emotional. Not everyone is gonna love this film like you did and those that critique it aren't automatically haters. I love Star Wars, all of my criticisms are my criticisms as a fan.

And again..your complaints are things that'll more than likely show later in the other trilogies...... as they were in the ORIGINAL trilogy. And you knew the motivations of Rey, she was deserted with a false hope of her "family" would return...... her background SUPPOSED to be a mystery.. it doesn't need to be elaborated. And again, A New Hope had a lot of telling of past events too that they never shown (until the prequels)... this is absolutely NITPICKING... just because you wish they spoonfed you with things that they made a conscious decision to without for this moment.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and why no one talking about Finn simping for Rey... That thirst was borderline disturbing... The f*ck he tryna hold her hand within 2 minutes of meeting her the fock?
Nicca he wasn't thirsty he was trying to get her to run . They had chemistry so stop it with this , usually the guy pursues the girl in movies anyway

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
And again..you complaints are things that'll more than likely show later in the other trilogies...... as they were in the ORIGINAL trilogy. And you knew the motivations of Rey, she was deserted with a false hope of her "family" would return...... her background SUPPOSED to be a mystery.. it doesn't need to be elaborated. And again, A New Hope had a lot of telling of past events too that they never shown (until the prequels)... this is absolutely NITPICKING... just because you wish they spoonfed you with things that they made a conscious decision to without for this moment.
cuz your dumbass was spoonfed THE EXACT SAME movie and you sitting here fat dumb and happy

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Underwhelmed, brehs... mad underwhelmed. That doesn't even have anything to do with the major issue most of us are having, either. That review posted by @Drew Wonder a few posts ago was dead-on accurate.

shyt felt like the first episode of a 10 part HBO series, and not a trilogy of movies to come out once every three years :hmm: