Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
It was good. Better than the prequels, probably on level with ROTJ but not better than Empire or New Hope. I really liked most of the characters and the writing with the exception of Kylo Ren. His story arc felt forced and rushed, didn't really buy him as an imposing villian, and his Master was too cartoonish for my tastes. I missed Palpatine. It was a lot funnier than I expected. Not sure what people are complaining about as far as Finn's character. He's totally Han Solo reincarnated. There was one Kevin Hart-like moment but it was actually funny. Yeah, I liked it. But since I'm a big fan of the Dark Side mythos and its minions, I'm a little disappointed.

Still two thumbs up.

. The very last scene.... Super awkward and weird. Looked more like a photoshoot for promos than a epic moment. Although I didn't really like Kylo, I absolutely loved how he killed Han Solo. Perfectly played by all involved.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Finn & Rey

These two gonna fukk before the end of the trilogy if JJ has it in him. The chemistry is off the charts :mjpls:

jj aint returning breh, next up we get a guy who hasnt done too much, think the dude directed Looper and Ozymondias episode of Breaking Bad. Then we get the guy that did Jurrassic world....think all three directors did collab on the story arc tho....and you right, these two actually had good chemistry, as did most the cast....which was really missing from the prequels.

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm putting this alongside ESB.

fukk it. I may watch that shyt tonight :wow:

I'm definitely going to see it again....JJ put his whole foot in that shyt :wow:

Rey beating Kylo was a definite cyse, but I'll give it a pass since he was hurt.

We all knew when Han walked out on that catwalk that it was a wrap for him :mjcry:

Wonder how Kylo gonna look after the Supreme Leader gives him the additional training now that he killed Han...Is Leia next on the hit list?

BB8 was dat nikka...I'm coppin one for me!!! :steviej:

Oscar Isaacs killed it as that fighter pilot. Homie was givin dat work.

lol @ luke going into Hiding like Yoda and looking like Obi Wan.

Are they gonna stop the bullshyt and just let us in on the fact that Rey is the other Solo Twin and stop this foolishness? And more importantly how do they explain it? Was Leia keeping her secret even from Han?

Finn was a great character. Good comic relief and most importantly...NO c00nING!! Wonder if he's Lando's son.... :patrice:

John Williams....where was our Duel Of The Fates like theme breh? :birdman:

I think we all knew that R2D2 had the rest of the map ::beli:

Akbar Da Gawd!!!

JJ is dat nikka. He captured the feel of the original trilogy PERFECTLY. And I think we can all admit that the original trilogy wasn't flawless even then.

Best popcorn flick of the year, whoever does Ep 8 got a lot of work to do. This movie alone was better than all 3 prequels! :wtf:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Finn

This dude has to be force sensitive. While Boyega played his role great, there has to be some purpose for him going forward. Can't wait to see what they do with him in Episode 8. On another note. I will say one minor gripe I had with this movie was how Rey became one with the force so easily.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It was good. Better than the prequels, probably on level with ROTJ but not better than Empire or New Hope. I really liked most of the characters and the writing with the exception of Kylo Ren. His story arc felt forced and rushed, didn't really buy him as an imposing villian, and his Master was too cartoonish for my tastes. I missed Palpatine. It was a lot funnier than I expected. Not sure what people are complaining about as far as Finn's character. He's totally Han Solo reincarnated. There was one Kevin Hart-like moment but it was actually funny. Yeah, I liked it. But since I'm a big fan of the Dark Side mythos and its minions, I'm a little disappointed.

Still two thumbs up.

. The very last scene.... Super awkward and weird. Looked more like a photoshoot for promos than a epic moment. Although I didn't really like Kylo, I absolutely loved how he killed Han Solo. Perfectly played by all involved.

When he stopped that blaster laser mid air in the beginning, :banderas:

They need to make him more of a bad ass in the sequel. I think they can now that Han is dead. :to:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Finn

This dude has to be force sensitive. While Boyega played his role great, there has to be some purpose for him going forward. Can't wait to see what they do with him in Episode 8. On another note. I will say one minor gripe I had with this movie was how Rey became one with the force so easily.

They definitely could have done that better.

Kylo looked like he's one of those people who are just "off". meaning crazy as fukk. And of course Leia on her "my boy can do no wrong" type steez. :beli:

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
Finn

she flipped it on quick.shes way more powerful than Kylo