Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Never seen a Star War in my life;

Mv5dCk0.gif

But with that said, I saw this a couple of hours ago, and it was pretty good.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Its a double edged sword
I'm all in with Finn
JJ did Boyega a favor but whoever was in charge of writing Finn in this movie clearly had an agenda
You either support Disney and their foolery or you cut finn off altogether because they are making this up as they go

Its not just with Finn either Maz was supposed to have a bigger role in this movie as the new Yoda type character but her scenes got cut. Lupita is a great actress and JJ did her no favors

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I don't think she even said that though? I'll have to check when I see it again tomorrow but I don't think that's the words she used

Agreed on the last sentence :wow:

Coward, runner, scared, whatever. The point was that she has no respect for that nikka and ain't about to be no mentor....:lolbron:

And before y'all bring it up...she gives him the saber because she knows it's gonna end up in Rey's hands. PLOT DEVICE.

:wow:

Yeah I've seen this all over the net.

People keep accusing others of being "militant", but there you have (I'm assuming) mostly white people talking about some of the same issues.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
My complains about the movie:

-The inconsistency in Kylo's power was too damn much and very avoidable imo. He's very skilled with the force but clearly not with the lightsaber. He can sense people around him, but he struggles to find Rey and Han at Starkiller Base. I think we needed more depth on why he fell into Snoke's word and his obsession with his grandpa.

-Really didn't like how Rey bested Kylo. Yes, he was injured by Chewie and then Finn, but come on. Dude is supposed to be a trained Jedi/Sith and had to job to a girl that just discovered the Force? Nah man, that was unnecessary. I'm sure he's gonna be completely different for Episode VIII but man, he didn't need to get worked like that.

-These damn villains brehs :beli: Kylo is still a kid that hasn't completed his training so he isn't THAT much of a threat yet. Phasma was a fukking JOKE, what was the damn point of that character? :mindblown: Hux was evil as fukk but most of the things happening in the movie are beyond his power or influence, he's by far the most interesting villain. Snoke was meh, but I didn't mind it considering he's gonna be more featured in the next films.

-I need to know how much timed has passed since Kylo left Luke's Jedi Academy and the movie. Because if it's a long time then why the fukk would Snoke take so damn long to finish Kylo's training and wait so long for him to decide to completely join the Dark Side?

-TheColi is soooo gonna hate what Finn ended up being. There's gonna be threads about this for years. Personally, the only thing that disappointed me was the it doesn't seem he's gonna be force sensitive. I'm fine him having the role he had this movie but if he's gonna be just that then it's :shaq2:

-WHAT THE fukk was the need to be against the clock in the final battle? Couldn't they just say the weapon was gonna be ready in 1 hour? Like there's 10 minutes of film after it was announced the weapon was gonna shoot in 2 minutes :dead:

-Poe gotta be FS imo. He's way too skilled a pilot :patrice:

-The staredown battles :dead: there's gonna be a lot of memes made out of both interrogations. I think they went too long, and ended up looking kinda goofy. The music saved them in both scenes, but still.

-The final scene heavily implied Luke is Rey's dad, right? Like why the fukk would Luke be so damn emotional :jbhmmm:

It's funny, any other movie those things would've bothered me wayy more than with this one. There's too much good in this film for me to hate on it :wow:

I

Harrison Ford is probably the weak link as he continues to phone it in like he's been doing since the 90s, particularly disappointing because I had hoped he would've at least tried given that this is one of his most iconic roles. It's made up though with the direction they took his character in, that decision was much needed to separate the new trilogy from the old one and push it as its own entity. Driver was very good as well, he has a difficult role because he's not the type of Sith we've become accustomed to, and people are already missing the point saying he wasn't intimidating enough when that was very clearly intentional.

I disagree on both points.

I think Ford killed it, specially went it mattered most - the scene with Kylo - from the first scene I got the sense of Han trying to go back to his old self but having too much baggage from what happened years prior. I felt his pain when he was talking to Kylo and loved that even though his death was really telegraphed, he still made it matter.

My main problem with that scene is that as you said, JJ leaves no room to take in the importance of it. And 3 minutes later we are watching Kylo struggling against a former Stormtrooper and a FS girl who discovered her "powers" like a day before. Han's death was supposed to give Kyle the push to full blown bad motherfukker but we don't get to see that because they had to get to Rey and Finn vs him.

I had no problem with Kylo struggling to completely fall to the Dark Side before meeting Han, but I did had a problem with the way dude looked when he took his mask off. It's one thing to not be intimidating, but Driver looked simple goofy. I legit :mjlol: when he unmasked for the first time to interrogate Rey. They could've given him a more normal look if the point was to show him as a "real person" behind the mask.

Last edited:

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
"Exactly, two completely different characters one starts out cool has his own side kick alien bad ass space ship while the other is well " that guy"

:wow:

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
People in there begging for acceptance and understanding is sad to behold. I've come to peace with being the underdawg in life due to circumstances larger than me. I actually revel in it. No one on the coli is spillin the beans like some black people on that thread. Damn...:mjlol:There are probably some st0rmfr0nters lurking and jerking off to the feelz in there.

DONCIC

All Star
Daps
Got chills watching Rey climb up that hill/small mountain at the end and finding Luke at the top

Reminded me of climbing up Mt. Moon in Pokemon Crystal and finding Red just standing up there alone

Both were :whoa: moments for me