Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
some how i knew this slave @Piffery would be in here lecturing black people again and not saying one word on the racist white fcks he posts alongside every day :russ::mjlol:he honestly needs to be banned

but on to some real shyt: i just seen this post of my nikka Boyega enjoying his moment in grand fashion :wow:#blackexcellence

If I'm banned a litany of posters you support need to go with me :yeshrug:

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Been reading the spoilers, so Kylo Ren turns out to be a sucker. Abrams carrying on tradition making bad guys b!tches.Boba Fett and the Sarlac pit, the Emperor being a Medicare member, Darth Maul having ten minutes of screen time, Jango Fett getting that Marie antoinette treatment, Anakin being a f@g, and now kylo ren being a novice despite the commercials indicating otherwise. BTW , one cant help but wonder if the pending year's election influenced this "movie".

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
Been reading the spoilers, so Kylo Ren turns out to be a sucker. Abrams carrying on tradition making bad guys b!tches.Boba Fett and the Sarlac pit, the Emperor being a Medicare member, Darth Maul having ten minutes of screen time, Jango Fett getting that Marie antoinette treatment, Anakin being a f@g, and now kylo ren being a novice despite the commercials indicating otherwise.
BTW , one cant help but wonder if the pending year's election influenced this "movie".

:ohhh:

I am Groot...

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Been reading the spoilers, so Kylo Ren turns out to be a sucker. Abrams carrying on tradition making bad guys b!tches.Boba Fett and the Sarlac pit, the Emperor being a Medicare member, Darth Maul having ten minutes of screen time, Jango Fett getting that Marie antoinette treatment, Anakin being a f@g, and now kylo ren being a novice despite the commercials indicating otherwise. BTW , one cant help but wonder if the pending year's election influenced this "movie".
This is probably one of the worst posts I've ever seen :heh:

Supa cat

Catset Don Dada
Daps
some how i knew this slave @Piffery would be in here lecturing black people again and not saying one word on the racist white fcks he posts alongside every day :russ::mjlol:he honestly needs to be banned

but on to some real shyt: i just seen this post of my nikka Boyega enjoying his moment in grand fashion :wow:#blackexcellence

This 100%, lil lapdog need to go.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
On Finn:

I kind of saw the fakeout coming. He is definitely the comic relief of the movie, but also the backbone for most of it. Rey really only comes into her own late in the flick, before that Finn is the emotional core.

Saying he's only there to serve Rey is akin to saying Luke was there to support Leia.

It would've been cool if he was the badass for sure, but it's a good character that works. There's a lot of room to develop him in the next movies so we'll see.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So that he could be more similar to Kevin Hart....:scust:

(I SWEAR I read a review that compared them)

Edit : Look, this is just a random white bytch, but peep her thoughts on Finn at 17:50

She says "the stormtrooper/ex-slave analogy is laid on a little thick"

She later says that this role could have been for a Chris Tucker/Kevin Hart type (And that's not the first time I've seen Hart pop up)

@Ziggiy

She is an idiot.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Hmmmm...

Your one of the only ones I've seen criticizing Harrison's performance. Almost every review has taken point to emphasizing how great he is in the movie.

Your critique of JJ evokes some of the criticism I've read online. He doesn't take time to let crucial or character growing scenes "breathe". I've read that it doesn't kill The movie, just some of the lasting momentum it could've had

Your thoughts on Finn are interesting and address some of the questions and complaints I've had about his portrayal. The problem with JJ and the screenwriters not knowing what to do with him is of crucial concern in my opinion because
If Rey (Force Sensitive future Jedi) is the new Luke and Poe (hotshot charismatic ace pilot) is the new Han. Then that only leaves Leia as the personification of FNN-2187, and Leia had a fully formed motivation since the beginnings of the first movie. It seems that, outside of defecting from the Order because he doesn't want to kill, and then adventuring around with Rey because he likes her, there's no MOTIVATION for his character. If Rey is off training to be the new trilogies Bad ass, then what does that leave Finn to do? What does he strive for? Is he now going to be the one in constant need of rescuing? Will he just be along to make quips and act as the court jester? What's his overall ARC and IMPRTANCE?

I'm quite sure Boyega is effortlessly capable of delivering. He was great in Attack The Block and exudes charisma in his interviews. I just don't want all of his talent to go to waste Driving Miss Ridey

Harrison Ford is Harrison Ford, and he just is coasting on it. It's not like he's bad or anything, but these new kids are bringing it and outside of a spark or two, Ford just does his thing.

Regarding your question:

Poe's role in the movie is far too limited to say he's the new Han-like character. He's pretty much a bad-ass pilot and he doesn't take shyt, but he doesn't really has any Han-like mannerisms. Finn does, but he is still caught in the fact he's kinda like Luke in A New Hope in the sense he's a bit lost in a universe that's completely new to him. There's also a juxtaposition in him being raised and trained in the First Order for a fight he doesn't believe in, to finding something he's willing to fight for. He might be the comic relief but he's also the guy that's going to take the big decisions and step into the danger nobody else dares to.

And it's definitely not Driving Miss Ridley. That would be like saying that Han and/or Leia were sidekicks to Luke. They were there and found their own way to leave an impact and make a difference, and so will Boyega. In that sense I completely agree with this:

On Finn:

I kind of saw the fakeout coming. He is definitely the comic relief of the movie, but also the backbone for most of it. Rey really only comes into her own late in the flick, before that Finn is the emotional core.

Saying he's only there to serve Rey is akin to saying Luke was there to support Leia.

It would've been cool if he was the badass for sure, but it's a good character that works. There's a lot of room to develop him in the next movies so we'll see.

Also, for the record:

some people say he may be force sensitive but I saw no hint or clue of that.

Fun fact btw: the first thing that Rey does when she sees Finn is chase him down and call him a "thief", so there's your fuel if you need it. :lolbron:

Mr.Plan B

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got to wait till the 21 to see this shyt I know them cacs at my job going to spoil this shyt for me tho.