Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Hmmmmm:patrice:

You know Breh I'm going to go ahead and trust your opinion even though we haven't agreed on everything, but I respect you. I'm still not

Happy about the black-man as comedic side kick shyt. I know Star Wars has its comedic moments but the "more than any other character" doesn't sit right with me.

Ok I've got three more questions.

1). How does Finn fair using the lightsaber early in the film BEFORE the Kylo Renn battle.

2). If it's shown that Finn has "feelings" for Rey are those feelings reciprocated?

3). Do you feel, HONESTLY, that Finn is a character who can stand independent from Rey? What I mean by that is if Rey is going to train with Luke and Finn gets left behind, is his character strong enough, and is he given enough respect that the audience will follow a separate journey of awakening/adventure with him? Or is his charcyer's imortance tethered to hers?
1. The very time he uses (he is told to use it like 10 seconds before he has to) it against the stormtrooper with the anti-lightsaber weapon, he uses it pretty fluently and lasts a while but the trooper does have to be shot by Han. Given that he literally just picked it up it's not a major deal though. He does take out another trooper initially with the Saber and several with the blaster though.

2. It's not clear at the end. All we can see is Rey cares alot about Finn but there's no explict admission of feelings for him or a definitive moment.

3.Again it's difficult to tell at this stage. I'd say yes. Ask me that question again in 2 hours for a clearer response though :patrice:

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
I'm sure we will find out about the KOR, who Rey parents are( I think she is Luke's daughter) and who snoke is.
In the movie when he says it it doesn't appear to be in a way that implies that Han knows Snoke personally. We'll see though :patrice: Maybe Snoke has been known to the Repubulic for several years and they have encountered him before.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure we will find out about the KOR, who Rey parents are( I think she is Luke's daughter) and who snoke is.
Rey is definitely a Skywalker :wow:

Btw we did get a few more brief scenes of the Academy massacre

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the movie when he says it it doesn't appear to be in a way that implies that Han knows Snoke personally. We'll see though :patrice: Maybe Snoke has been known to the Repubulic for several years and they have encountered him before.
is she a skywalker or apprentice most likely ? Any hints of romance with her and Poe , though he seems old for her anyway and they push the Finn Rey stuff more , and how's the screentime of her and finn

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. The very time he uses (he is told to use it like 10 seconds before he has to) it against the stormtrooper with the anti-lightsaber weapon, he uses it pretty fluently and lasts a while but the trooper does have to be shot by Han. Given that he literally just picked it up it's not a major deal though. He does take out another trooper initially with the Saber and several with the blaster though.

2. It's not clear at the end. All we can see is Rey cares alot about Finn but there's no explict admission of feelings for him or a definitive moment.

3.Again it's difficult to tell at this stage. I'd say yes. Ask me that question again in 2 hours for a clearer response though :patrice:

:ohhh: You got me off the fence and ready to buy tickets.

I've never seen a movie in IMAX. Should I go see this tomorrow night on a standard screen or wait a few days for IMAX?

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of you really need to stop being disingenuous and obtuse. The problem all the stems from the marketing. Whilst I always knew how it was going to play out due to the woman at the top who's running things, a lot of people didn't and won't :yeshrug:.

Are you going to keep pretending stuff like this isn't out there

finn-banner-poster-motion-star-wars-161785.jpg

Now he did look goofy in the first teaser, when he popped up out of nowhere. But it was toned down and shots of him using the lightsaber and hinting at him having the force had to be marketed to take the heat off a certain character and show him as the main action hero/character for males.

do u know how finn's story will play out, start to finish, all three sequels?

do u know if he becomes a jedi in episode 9? or if his daddy was the stormtrooper whose "aaaaaaaaagh" became a signature sound gag in other films for 30 years (meaning finn is destined to be a punching bag, like his father before him)?

no?

then stfu and watch the movie like everyone else. then complain.