Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
no mention on how Maz gets Anakins'Luke light saber?
1. He doesn't go down immediately. And he actually manages to strike and partially wound Kylo Ren. To me he showed alot of potential.

2. Yes

3. Finn and Poe appear to be becoming really good friends. That scene is actually not when they first meet up. When see other they run up and hug :heh:and are very glad to see each other. Poe thanks Finn for completing his (Poe's) mission.

4. Unfortunately the Academy scenes were very minimal. Just the Luke/R2 scene,what we see in the trailer of the KOR, and Kylo Ren stabbing someone. Oh and Rey being dropped of at Jakku at like 5 years old.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
@DarthHumanist
How is the feel of the movie. Does it remind you more of the Original Trilogy or the Prequels? I was told the film is essentially a remake/mashup but with new faces. Is this true?

The CGI and look is way better than even the prequels were. :wow: Certain plot points are similair to ANH and the OT but I think that will be less so for the rest of the trilogy. Certain aspects have more of a feel of the OT but it is distinctive and has it's own feel.

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
ugKJXNX.png

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
How long does Finn last with Kylo until he's wounded?

The voice over heard in the first trailer "there's been an awakening..have you felt it?" Does that make into the movie?

Are Finn and Poe friends? What's the context of the scene in the trailer where they pass by each other and Finn turns around to look at him

Does the Jedi academy flashback have a lot of significance? What I mean by that is so they show how many apprentices Luke took on and how long time passed before it was decimated?

Everything I know about the fight (Which, *is* everything at this point) :
Finn last significantly shorter against Kylo then Rey does. I've honestly heard everything from 30 second to 2 minutes. Rey is like 5 minutes or something.

The end goes like this :

Kylo kills Han. Rey, Finn, and Chewie see this, and in a fit of rage, Chewie shoots Kylo in the stomach.

Kylo then force throws Rey into a tree. She's knocked out. Finn is enraged by this, and ignites his lightsaber, ready to fight to save them.

The fight isn't that long, and Kylo is already hurt, but Finn DOES get a nice shot on Kylo's shoulder, and is said to even have the upper hand at one brief moment before Kylo gets his shyt together. Finn is said to take a cross-guard in the shoulder, than is slashed in his back. He's unconscious for the rest of the movie.

Kylo is about to kill Finn. He see's Anakins lightsaber, and as he force grabs it, it flies past him into Rey's hands, who has woken up. Now SHE'S enraged and fighting to save them.

The Rey fight is said to be in like, two parts. The first part, Kylo is pretty much wrecking her. She's small, weak...she doesn't look much better than Finn.

This second part is strange, and some really seem to dislike it. As their blades are crossed, after Kylo tells her to join him so that he can teach her the ways of the dark side of the force.....after he says this, she says "the force?" in a questioning manner, than she sits their for like 15 seconds with her eyes closed (She's "letting it in"). When she opens her eyes...she appears to be this ultimate bad-ass and WRECKS Kylo. She eventually slashes him across his face. He's down on his knees and she looks to be about to FINISH him...but then the ground breaks up and separates them (The planet is being destroyed, remember, this is during the assault on the base). Rey runs to Finn, in tears. Chewie comes with the falcon, they all leave together.

Voice Over :
The voice over is in the movie. Snoke is talking to Kylo. There is even a clip going around, here :

Poe/Finn
They only have like 2 or 3 scenes together, but they are good scenes, and they have SOLID (And humorous) chemistry.

It's likely they will be friends throughout this trilogy.

When they pass each-other in the trailer, that's right before the assault on the Starkiller base.

Flashback

First of all, it's not really a flashback, it's more like a vision that only Rey see's. People have compared it to Luke and the cave in ESB.

When they get to Maz's palace, Rey is drawn towards the basement area...something is calling to her. It turns out to be Anakins/Bespin lightsaber. When she touches it, she is given a VISION of some sort. It's very short and surreal. Might be showing things from the future even.

The flashback is significant because it pretty much shows that Rey was, at some point, a student of Luke Skywalker.

It shows Kylo attacking the base.

I kinda don't know much more about this scene. It's said to be kinda trippy...remember, this is a force vision. It's more like a dream or something.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Oh shyt im dying :russ: seriously tho Fukk Finn. I dont give a shyt if he's the new luke or lando ass nikka. I want to see sith lords catch wreck and if Plagiues is behind the fukkery. Yall kno hollywood wouldnt let a strong black man be a white cacs savior. Yall better watch some clips on Blacked for that
That's the thing, I can't believe ppl legitimately thought Finn was going to be the main character (based off of red tails, lucas's black wife and being the 1st shot in a trailer? :mjlol:) and are now going to let reality ruin any chance of enjoying the movie.

Ps remember when the 1st few trailers ran and there was that movement to ban star wars because they assumed by boyega being the integral hero the movie was somehow anti-white? I wonder how abbrams and the Disney execs feel trying to sell star wars as this thing for everybody when that was the level of backlash just off a couple trailers

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
@Darth Humanist I had you on ignore for some reason. I don't remember why, I don't think it had anything to do with this thread though. No hard feelings?....:steviej:

All I can do is give ya a rep....:yeshrug:

I gotta know...

What's up with the janitor thing? I've heard it's played for laughs. Did it feel problematic to you?

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
That's the thing, I can't believe ppl legitimately thought Finn was going to be the main character (based off of red tails, lucas's black wife and being the 1st shot in a trailer? :mjlol:) and are now going to let reality ruin any chance of enjoying the movie.

Ps remember when the 1st few trailers ran and there was that movement to ban star wars because they assumed by boyega being the integral hero the movie was somehow anti-white? I wonder how abbrams and the Disney execs feel trying to sell star wars as this thing for everybody when that was the level of backlash just off a couple trailers

They didn't GAF when all that was going down. That need for racists money is strong
Doesn't what they did to Finn just reinforce that gatekeeping mentality though
Finn is just the sidekick his only stake in the conflict is rey
haha look at him lying, getting bodied and going into a coma such a great character

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In regards to Finn/Rey :

I've seen differing opinions, but the trend seems to be that they *are* in fact somewhat flirtatious in this.

Yes, he's more thirsty, and she even tells him "stop holding my hand" in the beginning, but they seem to grow very close in the end. Fighting for each other. She kisses him on the forehead at the end.

They are probably setting something up for future movies.

Some reviewers have described them as similar to Han/Leia in the beginning of ESB.

It's just hard to really explain because...it's not plot centric, you kinda just have to see their chemistry and the way they act towards one another.

Her and Poe don't seem to share any scenes together.

Rey's Heritage : They DO.NOT.TELL.YOU. However, it's hinted to be Skywalker.

Nobody knows right now.
Wait you saw it ? You seem to have mellowed some

@Darth Humanist
how long is his and Ren's fight