Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
:coffee:
giphy.gif

Wow all of this because I expressed excitement over a movie with a mostly white cast? I better not check your post history and find any nergasms over any Dark Knight, Terminator, Godfather Aliens,Mission Impossible, Avengers bullshyt because that would make you the ultimate hypocrite.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

@Box Cutta see this is why I keep bringing up race man . I love the star ways universe and I like that Finn isn't different type of lead than has been presented in the universe . Yet you have posters insulting others blackness and saying we are c00ns because we may possibly enjoy the movie and like Finns arc. Everyone can't be the chosen one and a character can have a sense of humor without being a clown jobber . I've seen enough reviews praising johns work and the overall new cast to say that while some may prefer he had a different arc that's just personal choice .

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
"John Boyega was amazing...he stole every scene he was in"

The subtle cism :martin:
Similar to how Viola Davis stole every scene she was in in the critically acclaimed "the help" for her masterful performance as the maid? :mjpls:

Blake is just some cac who went to Kentucky :camby: breh was talking shyt about kids in Africa then said it was a joke
Hol up :ohhh:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Don't hold out much hope for
WARNING MAJOR SPOILERS
finn being awesome male lead in this movie
internet basically spoiled a lot of the good scenes shown in the trailer already. The boy finn is like a rookie stormtrooper who plays it up like he's hot shyt. Also a bit dumb
He spends the majority of the movie getting his ass kicked
even by a random no name stormtrooper
HEAVY SPOILERS
https://a.pomf.cat/yxfofz.webm
Not sure what they can do to salvage him if he's such a joke in the first movie driven by thirst for a pawg

Snoke :

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
First, I'm very much black, check my post history. Second, I've been a Star Wars fan since 1977, before Billy Dee joined the cast, (saw all 3 of the originals in the theatre), so I was gonna support this movie regardless. The idea that black people are that simple-minded that they only support or are interested in a movie with black characters and would be hood-winked by the marketing for this movie is more insulting and simple-minded than your accusations of c00nery, boo.
But you know Hollywood and the media do think that though right? That's where in large part token roles come from. Want some Asians throw an Asian guy in there. Want some blacks throw a black guy in there. Don't give those people too much credit.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
RT some of the people are just happy to have a seat at the table
Once finn was in that was all they needed so they weren't really invested in how he was treated in the movie.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
But you know Hollywood and the media do think that though right? That's where in large part token roles come from. Want some Asians throw an Asian guy in there. Want some blacks throw a black guy in there. Don't give those people too much credit.

No doubt. I know Hollywood thinks that works. I don't think Black folks fall for it though. I think we support stuff that appeals to us. There have been many movies with black people in it that have bombed. I also think it's really crazy to say that any black person supporting this movie is a c00n. Like this movie is a part of a forty-year old cultural phenomenon. :mindblown: