Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Of the new characters, Kylo Ren was the most compelling to me – his rage, once we understand who he is, feels justified, and Adam Driver gives Kylo Ren an emotional heart that betrays his dark, threatening exterior. John Boyega gives so much heart and charm to Finn that you can’t help to root for him. The same goes to Daisy Ridley’s Rey, saddled with a mysterious past, but imbued with innate goodness and light. Rey is as much a heroine as Leia was, and a joy to watch. Same for Oscar Isaac, who takes as much excitement flying an X-Wing as Han Solo does flying the Millennium Falcon.
:manny: You were quoting me from well before the embargo.

And I always said that the film would review well (Although, I was saying between 80-90. Seems like this is *really* crowd-pleasing).

Boyega and Ridley both getting great reviews (Although, most are citing Rey as this ultra-great protagonist, and saying that Ridley will be the breakout). But my concerns are beyond performance.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea it's getting positive reviews I know that. I'm pointing out his blatant hypocrisy.

We're reading stuff about Finn being a loveable coward, we don't like that. Now he's getting on our backs saying we should wait on the film, cool but he's doing the same thing when he's asking us to kick rocks because he's seeing positive reviews of the film.

None of us have seen the film mind you. But he can tell us to kick rocks off the strength of positive reviews but we can't voice our concern over Finn after reading the same reviews.

From the review you posted:

Boyega has this great combination of self-interested fear and reluctant heroism
:stopitslime:
Again with what we know about the character it makes sense brehs . You acting like Finn is a slave or running around acting like jar jar . The guy is a first order storm trooper who was part of a fukked up event burning a village , now assisting the resistance how do you think such a character would be ? He grows into being heroic which is a good arc to me as opposed to being super heroic from jump