Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
@Ziggiy
:sas2: we got black posters in here defending this shyt you might be in the run for POTY

People "defending" this bullshyt aren't getting the point. Matter of fact this whole thing wouldn't even be an issue if the entire marketing of the movie didn't center around Boyega's character being shown as important early on.

Who the fukk shows up as the FIRST face of the FIRST trailer of the film only to be the white woman's bytch?:martin:

Who the fukk wields a lightsaber, carries it throughout the film, and uses it in the climatic battle only to be knocked unconscious for the white woman to save him?:what:

Who the fukk is described as an ace storm trooper in training only to turn out to be the BLACK JANITOR:mindblown:

If they were going to make this the standard "White Hero's Journey" with a female twist then they should've marketed it as such. They didn't NEED misdirection for this film to be successful. Hunger Games, Divergent, Twilight. These are amongst the highest grossing movie series of the last decade. Critics and Audiences would've ate that shyt up. A WHITE WOMAN leading the charge for Star Wars would've had every Cac blog writer foaming at the mouth to type about "Feminine Empowerment". It was ENTIRELY unnecessary to even have Finn. What's he good for besides serving as a human weapons carrier and perhaps to sweep up the Falcon with his "sanitation skills".

This part im going to say publicly because it deals with The OG trilogy. Posters here are quick to make parralels with Luke saying things like "Luke started off lame." " Luke wasn't a hero/bad ass to begin with"

Luke destroyed the Death Star at the end of ANH, against all odds using the force. Showing right off the bat how special he was. He wasn't rendered unconscious, he didn't stand by while the action happened AROUND him. He was in the thick of it.

Luke trained with Yoda in Empire he heriocally and selflessly went to save his friends in Cloud City. He got his ass kicked, but STILL persevered and held on, with ONE hand until his friends saved him.

Luke saves Han from Jabba, saves Leia from Jabba, defeats Vadar in lightsaber combat, defies the Emperor and convinces his father to come back light (All while being ELECTROCUTED)

At NO point is Luke NOT the embodiment of a hero. At NO point is Luke a coward. At NO point is Luke not necessary to movie.

Last edited:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
People "defending" this bullshyt aren't getting the point. Matter of fact this whole thing wouldn't even be an issue if the entire marketing of the movie didn't center around Boyega's character being shown as important early on.

Who the fukk shows up as the FIRST face of the FIRST trailer of the film only to be the white woman's bytch?:martin:

Who the fukk wields a lightsaber, carries it throughout the film, and uses it in the climatic battle only to be knocked unconscious for the white woman to save him?:what:

Who the fukk is described as an ace storm trooper in training only to turn out to be the BLACK JANITOR:mindblown:

If they were going to make this the standard "White Hero's Journey" with a female twist then they should've marketed it as such. They didn't NEED misdirection for this film to be successful. Hunger Games, Divergent, Twilight. These are amongst the highest grossing movie series of the last decade. Critics and Audiences would've ate that shyt up. A WHITE WOMAN leading the charge for Star Wars would've had every Cac blog writer foaming at the mouth to type about "Feminine Empowerment". It was ENTIRELY unnecessary to even have Finn. What's he good for besides serving as a human weapons carrier and perhaps to sweep up the Falcon with his "sanitation skills".
i am so close to calling Boyega a c00n :francis: he looked at the scripted he knows what his character was about and he still fukking did it :mindblown: Boyega is from England or some shyt :camby: the more and more i think about it... i honestly think they did not want to cast a White male into Finn's role, i think they was looking for a black male... all this lowkey racist shyt :aicmon: you have poe calling Finn toby waller

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
I don't link to other threads often, but, people clowning Finn all up on neogaf. Hilarious. That's a spoiler thread, mind you.

Actually, another funny point I just saw :

According to that thread, Poe is the one that gives Finn, his name.

Dude called him toby waller....:russ: (I'm assuming he's black....:mjpls:)

I actually think this dude might end up being that character. The one people clown. He won't be Jar Jar level, but seems like he's more C3PO than anything.

It's SO vulgar....:mjcry:
I don't see any clowning, just regular jokes, people who are hoping he's force sensitive, and people who are still good on his character.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
We need to support black scifi films

Shouts out to will smith :mjcry:

We garbage men in Starwars :smh:
You're that fukking pissed about that retarded, non-issue, non anything spoiler :wtf:
God you people are fukking trash :russell:
i am so close to calling Boyega a c00n :francis: he looked at the scripted he knows what his character was about and he still fukking did it :mindblown: Boyega is from England or some shyt :camby: the more and more i think about it... i honestly think they did not want to cast a White male into Finn's role, i think they was looking for a black male... all this lowkey racist shyt :aicmon: you have poe calling Finn toby waller
:wtf:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I mean, they might be trying to sound cool, but it's not like...it's some moral rite of passage to have seen these movies.

Sometimes people just miss things/no interest.

You noted they are women...as much as KK is trying to change things, SW was never really as popular amongst women as it is for men. Maybe that changes in the future (And judging from the spoilers, it seems like Rey is about as OP and PERFECT as a character can possibly be), but I'm sure there are many of people who just never caught em. Remember, the OT is considered "old" by a lot of people, specifically younger people. The PT was trash.

I doubt my mother has ever seen any of these movies.

I've never seen a Harry Potter movie....:manny:
Most women don't know anything about star wars. I've only known one who did. And yes men don't watch Harry Potter so you good.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Damn brehs i just really hope it's not true. I had high hopes for Finn. But maybe boyega was just happy to be apart of such a big franchise. They really got us with that 3-2 curve brehs :mjcry:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
i dont think they wanted to cast a white male actor :sas2: why would j.j. show a weak White male when you can just cast a black actor and have him play the weak role... all those cacs were willing to accept Rey over a black male... i bet J.J wanted this... shyt you even had the white males willing and ready to accept rey straight up...

Nah the role was written before Boyega signed on and by default it would have been with a white actor in mind. But still generic enough to go to someone who isn't. Character was always going to be undercut for the female.
J.J aint running or in charge of this:whoa:, its Kathleen Kennedy, a white feminist. J.J the king of imitations was hired to make well... another imitation.

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
[spolier]"For me, he was the character I saw the story through. I don't relate to Rey at all. I like her as a character, and I think Ridley did a good job with her, but Finn is, as I put it in the review (that you can't read yet, shyt), the heart of this movie."[/spoiler]
:blessed:[/spoiler]

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I've been avoiding spoilers and general talk so I don't know what the big deal is with Finn and/or Rey, but Leia was a stronger character than Luke in the OG trilogy as well and it wasn't until the third movie for Luke to come into his own. Assuming they're following a similar arc, there you have it.

Also, will be seeing it approximately sixteen hours from now so anticipation for the only review that will ever matter may begin.:gawdling: