Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Bump these two because these are some really good post... everyone was coming at @Ziggiy when he was right

fukked up thing is I WANTED to be wrong. I would've happily eat those words and taken the "L" if it meant that

Finn wasn't a goddamn useless token who "switches between nobleness and Cowardice". A fukking SANINITATION WORKER. Rushes to save the white woman. Beaten and rendered comatose by the villain. The ONLY Human character to wield a lightsaber in combat and NOT BE FORCE SENTIVE:mindblown:. This is downright insulting. @Darth Humanist you can't even defend this one Breh. And I know you've been fighting the good fight this whole time buts time to admit it. Finn is babysitting the lightsaber until Rey decides to embrace her "destiny". He's her Goddamn butler.

NERO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Commiefornia
Anyone who thought SW was on some black empowerment tip is a fool. The role was not written with a brother in mind. Boyega didn't have to take the role and it is not really their job to re-make the already written role fit the expectations of black militants brothers on the Coli.com Obviously he was used as misdirection to protect the main plot of the story because JJ does that type of shyt and I can't respect that but it wasnt completely unexpected. They had been walking back his importance to the movie for a while now. Truth be told, if I want to see some black empowerment picture I would watch Red Tails or Glory or something of that nature. Dudes in here are more emotional about secondhand reports of a space western than women are about empire. Have some dignity men.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
It's called deceptive marketing and it's in done all the time :russell:

Seeing how Star Wars is a male heavy franchise and they wanted the main character to be a female, they were probably worried, so wrote in a male character that could be part of the story and be marketed as the main action hero/character when it's really the female character.

This is similar to what happen with Mad Max.

The big reveal will be Daisy turning out be a Jedi/force user and saving Finn from death :snooze:

Probably meant to be done with a white actor but Boyega got cast instead.
i dont think they wanted to cast a white male actor :sas2: why would j.j. show a weak White male when you can just cast a black actor and have him play the weak role... all those cacs were willing to accept Rey over a black male... i bet J.J wanted this... shyt you even had the white males willing and ready to accept rey straight up...

The D-List Vet

Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Anyone who thought SW was on some black empowerment tip is a fool. The role was not written with a brother in mind. Boyega didn't have to take the role and it is not really their job to re-make the already written role fit the expectations of black militants brothers on the Coli.com Obviously he was used as misdirection to protect the main plot of the story because JJ does that type of shyt and I can't respect that but it wasnt completely unexpected. They had been walking back his importance to the movie for a while now. Truth be told, if I want to see some black empowerment picture I would watch Red Tails or Glory or something of that nature. Dudes in here are more emotional about secondhand reports of a space western than women are about empire. Have some dignity men.
@Ziggiy
:sas2: we got black posters in here defending this shyt you might be in the run for POTY

Groot

Guarding the Galaxy
Daps
Reppin
Planet X
Anyone who thought SW was on some black empowerment tip is a fool. The role was not written with a brother in mind. Boyega didn't have to take the role and it is not really their job to re-make the already written role fit him. Obviously he was used as misdirection to protect the main plot of the story because JJ does that type of shyt. If I want to see some black empowerment picture I would watch Red Tails or Glory or something of that nature. Dudes in here are more emotional about secondhand reports of a space western than women are about empire.

:mannygroot:

We are Groot...

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I don't link to other threads often, but, people clowning Finn all up on neogaf. Hilarious. That's a spoiler thread, mind you.

Dude was running and panting like a slave from the very first trailer. I called it when it first dropped.

Feel bad for yall who were really hoping they would do this shyt right. I never had my hopes up to begin with.

Actually, another funny point I just saw :

According to that thread, Poe is the one that gives Finn, his name.

Dude called him toby waller....:russ: (I'm assuming he's black....:mjpls:)

I actually think this dude might end up being that character. The one people clown. He won't be Jar Jar level, but seems like he's more C3PO than anything.

It's SO vulgar....:mjcry:

The D-List Vet

Daps
Reppin
Coli.
I don't link to other threads often, but, people clowning Finn all up on neogaf. Hilarious. That's a spoiler thread, mind you.

Actually, another funny point I just saw :

According to that thread, Poe is the one that gives Finn, his name.

Dude called him toby waller....:russ: (I'm assuming he's black....:mjpls:)

It's SO vulgar....:mjcry:
@Ziggiy
:snoop: did poe really call him toby waller

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
If THIS spoiler about Finn is true (And I think it is, this is the guy that verified himself last night)....brehs....

63SqZOo.png

You read right...sanitation. SANITATION.

@Ziggiy
WOW :mjcry:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Starting to notice a lot of women on social media boast that they've never seen Star Wars in the past 2 days are they just trying to sound cool?
I mean, they might be trying to sound cool, but it's not like...it's some moral rite of passage to have seen these movies.

Sometimes people just miss things/no interest.

You noted they are women...as much as KK is trying to change things, SW was never really as popular amongst women as it is for men. Maybe that changes in the future (And judging from the spoilers, it seems like Rey is about as OP and PERFECT as a character can possibly be), but I'm sure there are many of people who just never caught em. Remember, the OT is considered "old" by a lot of people, specifically younger people. The PT was trash.

I doubt my mother has ever seen any of these movies.

I've never seen a Harry Potter movie....:manny: