Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, a couple of people have already stated that

Finn isn't even in the film that much. Starts off strong and goes NOWHERE.

Seems like this great arc some were expecting didn't even come to pass.

So now? Yeah, you're damn right he better be FS.

Finn has NOWHERE to go in this franchise otherwise.
Every spoiler makes it seem Finn is in a majority of the movie so how is that even possible . And there are Plenty of other ways to go

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yep.

And JJ is far from some great director anyways.

I do think that he was perfect for *this* film, but let's not blow him up to be something he's not.

And I say this as someone who STILL stands by LOST.
He barely had Involment in lost

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Every spoiler makes it seem Finn is in a majority of the movie so how is that even possible . And there are Plenty of other ways to go

Dude as we've been saying all thread...nobody had a script.

It can definitely play out this way.

He barely had Involment in lost

I know, but it's a project closely related to him (And the Pilot was one of the best episodes of tv ever). The point was that I'm no JJ "hater", just acknowledging that "there's no way this won't be perfect" is nonsense. He has his moments, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Early impressions seem positive.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I admit I'm hungry for some more details concerning Finn as well. How they treat the character will probably have a pretty significant bearing on how I feel about the film as a whole.

Reactions looking very positive so far, but most early reactions are to be fair.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Star Wars is my life. My religion. It's the reason I write. Hell it's the reason I love movies and comics and all of that. It's one of my greatest and truest loves.
For me, my personal ranking is

Return of the Jedi
Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Revenge of the Sith
Attack of the Clones
The Phantom Menace

If this surpasses all of them. That makes it my favorite film of all time. For it to crack third best in the saga? That'd make it a top three film for me of all time. Hell if it's the 4th best and by a narrow margin that'll say a lot for me. If somebody like me loves the movie it'll be fine. I do hate the prequels I can't live that if it sucks