Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

CHL

Superstar
Daps
More from the visual book....REN SPOILERS :

ZMS6yis.jpg

dCC5cGO.jpg

JEDI KILLER!
Oh damn :banderas: :banderas:

another Skywalker destroying the Jedi Order :damn: :wow:
That scene is going to be so dope

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Are you saying you're only going to enjoy TFA once? Not going to buy it on bluray/DVD? When you watch it a second time the experience will be completely ruined because you know the plot (and you will have actually seen it, unlike us right now)? Your complaints don't make any sense. Dot presume others feel the same way about it you do :yeshrug:
The first time you watch something breh. That's what we're discussing.

So you're saying that going into a movie the first time you watch it knowing most of the story (that's not in the trailers) is the same as re-watching it a second time. You really must be stupid. Carry on though. I'll be seeing it Friday morning and I don't know anything besides the trailers. So I'll be excited on the edge of my seat while ya'll watching like "I already know what's gonna happen next". :damn:You ruined a GOAT movie event. Keep stanning.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
I haven't clicked any breh. I was just referring to anyone that's posting them. Why would you want to know more than the trailers are telling? You really want to watch a movie to just see the actors going through the motions of a story you already dissected and know most of what happens. shyt is ridiculous. How you enjoy a movie like that? These stans have no patients. The movie is out in 4 days.

So...you never rewatch a movie?

Keep in mind....it's not just been 4 days for most of us. Many have likely been following this movie for like 2 years. For those of us that have been following the spoiler culture since the beginning...that's apart of the fulfillment. People that have been following every single leak, theory, and all speculation from the beginning...actually get enjoyment from that, and enjoy being apart of that community. We're trading a few moments of surprise, for what is essentially a movie-production length hobby. If I had avoided everything up until this point...sure, I wouldn't dive in right now. That would just be silly...but I've enjoyed every moment of speculation and confirmations up to this point, and I personally am okay if I know what happens in the movie, I had fun getting to this point....:manny:

Don't forget...film is both a storytelling as well as an audio/visual medium. Action sequences, tone, humor, etc...nobody knows that stuff. We NEVER got a leaked script. So this movie can still play out in an unexpected way, even with the general plot points out.

Also, it's not like we know everything anyways. You see all those spoilers in the thread? Most of us have been *arguing* over things that take place in the call-sheet.

Last point...while we will surely not get the initial "shock" of plot points...keep in mind that there is also some benefit to this. Knowing the plot going in makes it so that you can just relax, not need explanation, not need to focus on *every* single detail in fear of missing something....it's quite nice, to be honest. We are all conditioned to value surprise, but honestly, sometimes I don't like being overwhelmed with trying to keep up with a story. Half of the time, after watching a movie with other people...they typically seem *so* confused. What was that? Why did they do that? Oftentimes, as someone who liberally reads reviews, or in special occasions like this, actually follows the spoilers, I feel as though I understood and enjoyed the movie more than the people who never even saw a trailer!

Ultimately, it's still *just* a movie. Most people are with you. I'm glad I know some things, but I understand why most don't. Do you.

Edit : It's funny you mentioned the Vader/Father reveal above. That's the most spoiled plot-point in movie history. Most of us aren't old heads and I would imagine that if you're like, under 40, you probably knew Vader was Luke's father before you watched SW. I know I did. I didn't see these movies until the mid-90's, when the SE were released, my local video story put the ORIGINAL editions up. I rented them bytches and fell in love. But I knew Vader was Luke's father, that line was too culturally significant at that point for me to have not known that.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
So...you never rewatch a movie?

Keep in mind....it's not just been 4 days for most of us. Many have likely been following this movie for like 2 years. For those of us that have been following the spoiler culture since the beginning...that's apart of the fulfillment. People that have been following every single leak, theory, and all speculation from the beginning...actually get enjoyment from that, and enjoy being apart of that community. We're trading a few moments of surprise, for what is essentially a movie-production length hobby. If I had avoided everything up until this point...sure, I wouldn't dive in right now. That would just be silly...but I've enjoyed every moment of speculation and confirmations up to this point, and I personally am okay if I know what happens in the movie, I had fun getting to this point....:manny:

Don't forget...film is both a storytelling as well as an audio/visual medium. Action sequences, tone, humor, etc...nobody knows that stuff. We NEVER got a leaked script. So this movie can still play out in an unexpected way, even with the general plot points out.

Also, it's not like we know everything anyways. You see all those spoilers in the thread? Most of us have been *arguing* over things that take place in the call-sheet.

Last point...while we will surely not get the initial "shock" of plot points...keep in mind that there is also some benefit to this. Knowing the plot going in makes it so that you can just relax, not need explanation, not need to focus on *every* single detail in fear of missing something....it's quite nice, to be honest. We are all conditioned to value surprise, but honestly, sometimes I don't like being overwhelmed with trying to keep up with a story. Half of the time, after watching a movie with other people...they typically seem *so* confused. What was that? Why did they do that? Oftentimes, as someone who liberally reads reviews, or in special occasions like this, actually follows the spoilers, I feel as though I understood and enjoyed the movie more than the people who never even saw a trailer!

Ultimately, it's still *just* a movie. Most people are with you. I'm glad I know some things, but I understand why most don't. Do you.
:umad:Didn't read. I'd rather watch something like STAR WARS for the first time rather than saying "Well let's just pretend I read the book about the movie first" and take that analogy into the theatre.

:umad:You lost. Good luck having fun watching a movie you already know what's gonna happen in most of it.

:camby:I'm out this spoiler bytch. Negs for both of you fake ass star wars fans.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
:umad:Didn't read. I'd rather watch something like STAR WARS for the first time rather than saying "Well let's just pretend I read the book about the movie first" and take that analogy into the theatre.

:umad:You lost. Good luck having fun watching a movie you already know what's gonna happen in most of it.

:camby:I'm out this spoiler bytch. Negs for both of you fake ass star wars fans.

Not sure what the animosity is about. I wasn't dissing you, just explaining why some enjoy the spoilers.

You seem like you're upset that others have followed the leaks, like it's some slight against your personal integrity.

Some people value different things and have different priorities...news at 11.

Last edited:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Not sure what the animosity is about. I wasn't dissing you, just explaining why some enjoy the spoilers.

You seem like your upset that others have followed the leaks, like it's some slight against your personal integrity.

Some people value different things and have different priorities...news at 11.
:yeshrug:I was just explaining why thats stupid. You ruined a great movie experience. Have fun watching actors go through the motions while we watch in suspense and wonder of wtf is gonna happen next. But, I guess some people enjoy movies without suspense and wonder.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I haven't clicked any breh. I was just referring to anyone that's posting them. Why would you want to know more than the trailers are telling? You really want to watch a movie to just see the actors going through the motions of a story you already dissected and know most of what happens. shyt is ridiculous. How you enjoy a movie like that? These stans have no patients. The movie is out in 4 days.

It's like reading a book and then going to see the movie adaptation. We live in 2015 breh there is NO SUCH THING as going into any form of entertainment 100% "spoiler free" especially if you frequent Internet message boards.

People who post spoilers of their own accord have their own reasons, it would be fool hardy to say they are "ruining" the movie for themselves if they don't care.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Dude only wants to watch the movie because he's going into it spoiler free, otherwise he has no interest in it, and then calls other people "fake ass Star Wars fans" :skip:

:skip:

:skip:
When did I say I have no interest in Star Wars? I love Star Wars. Which is why I wanna watch it the way it was intended to be watched. You stans are tryna get all the details of the plot like some gossiping bytches. That ain't how Star Wars was meant to be seen. But like I said. Carry on. You already ruined a GOAT experience for yourself. Not me.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
It's like reading a book and then going to see the movie adaptation. We live in 2015 breh there is NO SUCH THING as going into any form of entertainment 100% "spoiler free" especially if you frequent Internet message boards.

People who post spoilers of their own accord have their own reasons, it would be fool hardy to say they are "ruining" the movie for themselves if they don't care.
But there is no book. Hence why you're ruining it. Did George Lucas make Star Wars and then say, before you see the movie here's the script so you can watch it like you read the book first. Which doesn't exist??? You really just tryna defend being a retard. Just admit that ya'll have no patients and wanna spoil the shyt for yourself because you can't wait 4 days.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
SMH at comparing digging up spoilers for an original movie to a movie adapted off of a book. I guess retards can be star wars fans too.

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
EXT DAY - 198 - ACADEMY • Leia and Han Solo hand over Young Kylo Ren to his Uncle for training
EXT DAWN - 200 - ACADEMY • Young Kylo Ren being trained by his Uncle
INT NIGHT - 202 - ACADEMY • Bodies left behind - Young Kylo Ren is gone
EXT DAY - 203 - JAGGED TERRAIN/PALACE • Kylo Ren joins The Knights Of Ren
EXT DUSK - 204 - ACADEMY • R2-D2 upset as his master leaves
EXT NIGHT - 205 - JAGGED TERRAIN/PALACE • Kylo Ren joins The Knights Of Ren