Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Dude on another message board that's well respected and proven in the past to have Hollywood connections saw the movie and posted a spoiler free review:

Here's my non-spoiler review/impressions on the movie. NOSTALGIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Oh boy, how to review a film without talking anything about the story.

My whole plan to see the film was try to avoid any footage of it besides the teasers. This is very difficult especially in my field. I did see the first two teasers as planned, but haven't seen any of the latest marketing besides a brief bit of a TV Spot, and of course that meme all over my feed, thanks facebook friends. Anyways, based on this, I had no idea what to expect.

Yes, the film is excellent. Hell, its fukking awesome. Its nice to see a decent Star Wars film after the prequels (I know it gets tiring, but there'll be comparisons here).

Effects: JJ has been heavily emphasizing practical models and effects and there's actually a lot of it, or the CGI is just so good on certain things. Either way it worked. Obviously there's CGI, and having seen Revenge of the Sith recently obviouslyTFA's CGI beats it. It doesn't feel like its all over the place, like Lucas prequel films, sorry if it sounds a bit off topic here. The sound design itself is awesome. I mean people will focus on the obviously amazing soundtrack by John Williams, but I very much enjoyed the sounds of the various things in the movie (Spaceships, characters, world, etc). No complaints for the effects honestly.

Cinematography did the job when needed in my opinion. It doesn't really stand out but there are a few stunning landscape shots. I would be more specific on what scenes, but no spoilers.

Did it feel like a Star Wars movie? There were a few people mentioning to me they were worried about it just being a sci fi movie with Star Wars elements. Its definitely a Star Wars movie, and a great one at that. If the Williams theme doesn't convince you, then the characters will and the feel of the world. Lots of fan service, but done very well. I'm not exactly a hardcore fan here, but even a casual person might get a few of the references heh. If you feel worried the marketing has spoiled a bit, you're in for a show. I think their restrained marketing strategy will really please fans. I'd be honestly okay if JJ did the rest of the series, but it'll be interesting to see how the other directors handle it.

Characters characters characters. How were the new leads like Ridley and Boyega? They were both good, though I think Boyega was better. Had some great scenes. I'm going to avoid talking about the old cast besides saying Ford may have aged, but he's still Han Solo. I would talk more in this section, but I might be walking into spoiler territory. No complaints about the characters here in general.

Its also nice to have a decent script where the characters aren't worried about stupid sand or cringe worthy romance bits.

Crowd was perfect btw, they cheered at the right moments. I think they enjoyed it, but I didn't exactly survey everyone. Though Disney types did hand out some surveys. What does this mean for box office? Seeing the film doesn't automatically make me the best box office predictor but I can say with confidence that it'll explode. Anyways.

Its definitely a Star Wars movie.

STAR WARS IS BACK.

If I had to rate it, this is tough because I really love a New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. I think in some ways its stronger then ANH, but that movie was so damn revolutionary that its hard to top for me.

ESB

ANH

TFA

ROTJ

ROTS

TPM

AOTC

Final rating: A
:leon:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
It seems people still think Luke may not be on the good side of the Force anymore. I hope he has become a Sith lord.
Breh i think its a good possibility that he went to the dark side. I think the negative effects of never being fully trained and the fact that he started his training when he was way too old will take it's toll. I think there are legit reasons why the jedi council had strict guidelines.

However, the dark side of the force is not necessarily bad either.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Yeah
China Backtracked
CV4GHHqWsAACrTW

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust:That new trailer is nasty

I have no doubt this shyt is gonna be cold. This one movie alone can make up for episodes 1-3 for me.

SW knows how to create cool looking villians

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lol where do you live the deep south :pachaha:

Lol im in ny but ill be in san antonio next week. The rednecks and mexicans worry me :russ:

Oh and without getting to deep in these spoilers and yall reactions. Finn basically a ross ass fraud who stole a light saber on the job and ran around fronting like he had the force which kylo n em feel but when they run up on him he cripples dat dude for waisting his time which makes rey goes super saiyan on his ass??

This nikka jar jar binks

:stopitslime:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People have seen the movie. People saw pre-final cuts even. Even for a super-secret to most movie like Star Wars, this stuff isn't left to chance. There is lots of upcoming marketing and appearances that depend on stuff like that. What they are not having are the huge pre-release screenings like they have with most movies, so you aren't seeing a lot of leaked reviews.

Numero Deux

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Unapproachable East
John Boyega and Oscar Isaac officially confirmed for VIII:
After revealing a few days ago that Gwendoline Christie will be returning for Episode VIII, now Kennedy confirmed that Oscar Isaac and John Boyega will also appear in the movie, in the company of Benicio del Toro, who multiple times confirmed his involvement with the project. Filming for Episode VIII is expected to start at the end of January.

Kathleen Kennedy Confirms Part of Episode VIII will be Filmed in Mexico and Reveals Two Actors who will Reprise Their Roles! - Star Wars News Net

And yet a lot of folks (RLM included) were so dead-set sure Finn/Boyega was going to die in this movie. :mjpls: