Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kenya is actually a "He"....:patrice:

He's going to be mighty disappointed.

For their sake, I hope the people thinking/hoping Finn is a Jedi stumble upon a spoiler or something so they won't leave the theater underwhelmed. Not to say he couldn't be one later, but as far as this film goes?......

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh wow didn't know it was a brother.

I'm REALLY trying to give JJ the benefit of the doubt. I've already posted my concerns more than once, but man Kenya hit the NAIL on the head. This could either be an excellent depiction of black excellence in a major science fiction tent pole (might be the most successful movie of all time) or just another White Man/Woman's Heroes Journey. We'll see.

I'm not supporting anymore Bumbling, cowardly, second rate black characters in these movies. Like I said, to male Finn the ONLY character in Star Wars movie HISTORY to wield a lightsaber and NOT be force sensitive would be insulting as fukk. Simply unforgivable

That's what it always has been and probably always will be. Gotta accept it.

At this point, I'm just hoping he turns out to be a great character despite what he might or might not be.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
also just want to add this for context and will get into it more after I see the flick next Thursday

but methinks this clip will be the basis for a lot of what we see moving forward this saga

saying all this to say i'm prepared for whatever is in store for Finn or any of these new characters.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
That's what it always has been and probably always will be. Gotta accept it.

At this point, I'm just hoping he turns out to be a great character despite what he might or might not be.
The Episodic films revolve around the Skywalkers. What were you expecting? :heh:

For Finn to be not just a main character but THE pinnacle of the trilogy, he would have to have ties to the Skywalkers.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I didn't want to get into the argument but I won't be mad at somebody being :patrice: at how Finn will be portrayed. From the trailers he hasn't really looked strong in any moment save for maybe the one fight against the storm trooper. He's either saying he's unsure, looking like :why: or deffering to Rey. Hollywood has a history of making us caricatures or emasculating black men (see the walking dead tyrese, Morgan, etc).

Hopefully this time will be different but we will see. Hopefully Finn grows through the trilogy to be a strong leader. We just might have to sit through him "finding himself" and taking some Ls this episode.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
new international trailer is sick. shyt makes me emotional like a little bytch.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Thank you.

Looks like
Finn is Leia. He's the one the antagonists initially want. He knows too much. He represents too much.

Poe gets more play and needs more play.

In the Kylo fight, Finn is Onomaus versus the Egyptian or Crixus versus Theocles, and Rey is Gannicus or Spartacus versus the same.

Finn gets needed and Rey gets boosted for plot reasons, not realistic reasons.

I don't see where the Raid dudes get to show off their shyt enough to warrant all the excitement for their involvement.

Maz should have REALLY been Sana Solo, given those synopses. Why make her an alien?
how do you guys read these spoilers and say he's a jobber ??
its not like Rey kills Kylo and it's not a given Finn isn't a Jedi he also gives the info needed to blow up the star killer .
he seems to equate himself quite well
Glorified snitch

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall are funny. Finn is the co-lead to a new Star Wars trilogy. How can he grow if he starts out as a brave courageous badass. In the trailer we are seeing the seeds of a character arc, which means Finn will not be some throwaway but will play a pivotal
roll in all 3 movies. We've seen more personality and character from Finn than we've seen from Rey so far. No doubt the story will focus around Rey but I think one of Finn's jobs is to make us care and as a character I think he will accomplish that goal.

Rey as a possible skywalker will automatically have a place in this star wars galaxy.

Finn on the other hand will have to find his place, and seeing how he does that sounds a lot more interesting than someone who's name is already written in stone.

Some of yall don't care about what makes a good movie, you just want the black character to be portrayed in a certain way that doesn't serve the story being told. If you set aside your deep rooted cynical -ism's you'd be able to see the potential this character has that no other character in any of the star wars movies has had.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Episodic films revolve around the Skywalkers. What were you expecting? :heh:

For Finn to be not just a main character but THE pinnacle of the trilogy, he would have to have ties to the Skywalkers.

I never said or thought otherwise. I even stated that very thing earlier.

However, that said, while the films up to this point have been Skywalker focused, this new series didn't have to be, especially considering the Skywalker arc basically came full circle with ROTJ.