Star Wars heads, Did Mace Windu legit defeat Sidious...Or was Palpatine faking?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
If you read the last SW book, it details what "Balance to the force" means.
Basically, Pals and his master Plaegis, mustered up so much dark force power, trying to make themselves immortal, that it perverted the force, and tilted the energy to favor the sith. The balance of the force was damaged when they did that. To right itself, the force manifested in the womb of a woman, and the baby would be called Anakin.

I'm sorry but that all sounds like a bunch of contrived bullshyt. :manny:

The original movies NEVER alluded to anything of the sort. Vader was portrayed as a powerful jedi overcome by temptation, not some prophetic messiah figure here to bring peace to the universe.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!

The original movies NEVER alluded to anything of the sort. Vader was portrayed as a powerful jedi overcome by temptation, not some prophetic messiah figure here to bring peace to the universe.
The winners in history can write it anyway they want. The Sith won, so of course they are only gonna allow certain information to be spread. In the originals there aren't any Jedi left to even talk about a prophecy. No one knows Vaders true origins. The main characters in the original don't know shyt about what happened before. Even Obi-Wan doesn't know the full story.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

they did. after they found anakin on tatooine and brought him infront the jedi counsel they were wondering if he was really the one foretold to bring back balance to the force. plus he had the highest midi-chlorian count they ever saw.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
The winners in history can write it anyway they want. The Sith won, so of course they are only gonna allow certain information to be spread. In the originals there aren't any Jedi left to even talk about a prophecy. No one knows Vaders true origins. The main characters in the original don't know shyt about what happened before. Even Obi-Wan doesn't know the full story.

Are you really tryna justify this shyt or are you just playin devil's advocate. :patrice:

Yoda and Obi-Wan both knew about the prophecy in the prequels. They both knew about Anakin. There would be no reason for them NOT to allude to it. When Obi-Wan appears to Luke in ROTJ and pretty much confesses everything to him there isn't even the slightest hint about Anakin being anything more than Luke's father.

The biblical and spiritual poetry throughout Star Wars imo was already strong enough (hint hint SKY-WALKER). He didn't have to shove it down everyone's throat and turn Anakin into Jesus Christ by copying his exact origin.

And if Anakin truly was the chosen one then he is the worst chosen one in the history of chosen ones. Dude goes on to basically fukk up the galaxy. :mjlol:

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
Are you really tryna justify this shyt or are you just playin devil's advocate. :patrice:

Yoda and Obi-Wan both knew about the prophecy in the prequels. They both knew about Anakin. There would be no reason for them NOT to allude to it. When Obi-Wan appears to Luke in ROTJ and pretty much confesses everything to him there isn't even the slightest hint about Anakin being anything more than Luke's father.

The biblical and spiritual poetry throughout Star Wars imo was already strong enough (hint hint SKY-WALKER). He didn't have to shove it down everyone's throat and turn Anakin into Jesus Christ by copying his exact origin.

And if Anakin truly was the chosen one then he is the worst chosen one in the history of chosen ones. Dude goes on to basically fukk up the galaxy. :mjlol:
But he fulfilled the prophecy though :manny:

Like Yoda said, they just misread the prophecy until it was basically too late.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!

Agreed. And Annakin was never a Jesus figure. His one responsibility was to literally bring a balance to the force. A return to it's natural state.
You gotta read the books to get it breh.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

they didnt misread shyt.. anakin feel to temptation and as such screwed up the prophecy.

dont wanna bring religion into this but god been trying for years before jesus. every man fell to temptation but it still was fulfilled through his seed. just like luke help return anakin back. anakin was the chosen one, he failed and so his seed was born to fulfill

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
they didnt misread shyt.. anakin feel to temptation and as such screwed up the prophecy.

dont wanna bring religion into this but god been trying for years before jesus. every man fell to temptation but it still was fulfilled through his seed. just like luke help return anakin back. anakin was the chosen one, he failed and so his seed was born to fulfill
You dont remember Yoda saying "a prophecy...misread could of been"
He fulfilled what the chosen one was supppsed to do...defeat the sith and brought balance to the force.

Just cause he didn't do it the way everyone thought he would, dosen't mean he didnt fullfil the prophecy :beli:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

More like Lucas misfired.

Agreed. And Annakin was never a Jesus figure. His one responsibility was to literally bring a balance to the force. A return to it's natural state.
You gotta read the books to get it breh.

Uh...

- Virgin birth
- Son of the force
- Chosen one
- Last name SKY-WALKER

If you don't think Lucas was shooting for a Christ analogy I don't know what to tell you.

And how could the force have an "unnatural" state. That would be like saying God has an unnatural state. The dark side of the force is completely NATURAL just like evil is NATURAL.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Nowhere is it even close to being implied in the originals that Anakin was of virgin birth nor was there any mention of any ancient prophecy.

Even after 3 movies I bet you nobody can tell what exactly the prophecy means because it's never even explained. What the fukk does "balance to the force" even mean???

My interpretation of the prophecy was that the distribution of power between Sith and Jedi would be balanced, as opposed to having either the Jedi or Sith running the Universe. When Anakin wiped out the Jedi he did bring "balance" to the force, albeit not in the way the Jedi had believed. I haven't watched the movies in years but this was always my line if thought, Yoda misinterpreted the prophecy. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
My interpretation of the prophecy was that the distribution of power between Sith and Jedi would be balanced, as opposed to having either the Jedi or Sith running the Universe. When Anakin wiped out the Jedi he did bring "balance" to the force, albeit not in the way the Jedi had believed. I haven't watched the movies in years but this was always my line if thought, Yoda misinterpreted the prophecy. :yeshrug:

Or...

OR.....

ORRRR.....

There WAS no prophecy for more than 25 years until Lucas decided to make it up and stick it in TPM.

:sas2:

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
More like Lucas misfired.

Uh...

- Virgin birth
- Son of the force
- Chosen one
- Last name SKY-WALKER

If you don't think Lucas was shooting for a Christ analogy I don't know what to tell you.

And how could the force have an "unnatural" state. That would be like saying God has an unnatural state. The dark side of the force is completely NATURAL just like evil is NATURAL.
:comeon:
Lemme break it down:
I dgaf about what Lucas was thinking. I can only go on the data given to us in the books. I don't look for deeper meaning than that.
Something happened that caused an imbalance in the force. Meaning, the balance between good and evil was leaning to one side.
The natural state of the force is universal balance. So it needed to right itself. Anakin was the tool to do that. One way or another.
Plain and simple.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
:comeon:
Lemme break it down:
I dgaf about what Lucas was thinking. I can only go on the data given to us in the books. I don't look for deeper meaning than that.
Something happened that caused an unbalance in the force. Meaning, the balance between good and evil was leaning to one side.
The natural state of the force is universal balance. So it needed to right itself. Anakin was the tool to do that. One way or another.
Plain and simple.

Sounds like fan fiction to me.

And how does one restore balance by doing away with evil entirely? Sounds to me like that would be an IMBALANCE in favor of good... no?

Again :camby:with this nonsense.

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
Sounds like fan fiction to me.

And how does one restore balance by doing away with evil entirely? Sounds to me like that would be an IMBALANCE in favor of good... no?

Again :camby:with this nonsense.
:russ: You are killing me breh
It wasn't do do away with evil entirely. When the imbalance occured, the universal force score was 6 - 5 Sith. Anakin was created to make it 6 - 6 by taking out the one person responsible for the imbalance to begin with. Don't know how else to put it.