Star Wars heads, Did Mace Windu legit defeat Sidious...Or was Palpatine faking?

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
another thing is, you gotta decide which version you are going off.. lucas doesn't write the books, he just has say if they get released or not since he owns star wars.. but there's no exact series that he's ever said "this is the actual version" besides his movies

it'd be like comparing the game of thrones show to the ice and fire books... at this point they are similar but storylines and plots are totally different

Up until recently Lucs has said the ONLY CANON stories are what he releases ...

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
If they believed Anakin was the chosen one then why didn't they train him? Why didn't they promote him to master when it was clear he was one of the most powerful Jedi? If fear is a path to the dark side why were Yoda and Mace so afraid of Anakin?

All the arrogance Anakin had in Episode II showed him that he had to fall back after losing to Dooku. Ep. III rolls around, he defeats Dooku for dolo, but the Jedi Council refuses to promote him. If Windu and Yoda didn't son Anakin so much he might not have turned to the dark side. It was like "you're one of us but not really one of us" and made it easier for Anakin to flip. This goes back to someone's point about sending him to get to know Palpatine. If they didn't fully trust Anakin then why are you sending him to meet with a corrupt emperor?

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
If they believed Anakin was the chosen one then why didn't they train him? Why didn't they promote him to master when it was clear he was one of the most powerful Jedi? If fear is a path to the dark side why were Yoda and Mace so afraid of Anakin?

All the arrogance Anakin had in Episode II showed him that he had to fall back after losing to Dooku. Ep. III rolls around, he defeats Dooku for dolo, but the Jedi Council refuses to promote him. If Windu and Yoda didn't son Anakin so much he might not have turned to the dark side. It was like "you're one of us but not really one of us" and made it easier for Anakin to flip. This goes back to someone's point about sending him to get to know Palpatine. If they didn't fully trust Anakin then why are you sending him to meet with a corrupt emperor?

Thats why I said yoda didnt misread the prophecy ... yoda and mace fukked up the prophecy... they feared anakin since they didnt have him as a baby to mold into what they wanted. they almost destroyed the jedi...
The jedi are at fault for what happened as much as anakin if not more

Last edited:

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
Thats why I said yoda didnt misread the prophecy ... yoda and mace fukked up the prophecy... they feared anakin since they didnt have him as a baby to mold into what they wanted. they almost destroyed the jedi...
The jedi are at fault for what happened as much as anakin if not more
This I agree with

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I just had a thought .. does the prophecy even state it will be a jedi or that someone will come and bring balance...

edit .... nope it doesnt. Yoda ASSUMED it had to be a jedi
another edit ... you know what.. they prophecy CAN NEVER be fulfilled by a jedi because if you destroy the sith with a jedi it will be unbalanced... it has to be a neutral person this way he/she wipes out both orders

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Yes Mace did beat Pal before Anakin cheated and saved him. Mace was 2nd Powerful under Yoda. He gave the Emperor that work. But Mace is to blame for his own death. Had him and the Jedi Counsel trust Anakin and believed in him a little more than he would of never went to the Dark Side. All Anakin said was "Let me go with you" and Mace was like "NO". Anakin and Mace would of bodied the Emperor and Episode IV, V and IV would of never happen.
so in your world anakin does not get any of the blame???
even if mace woulda taken him along - he would've still turned to the dark side.it was in his nature!!
either to save padma(hope i spelt that right) or for something else. dude was too selfish in nature!!

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Qui-Gon got no love? :smh:
fukk Luke homie :troll:. My expanded universe brehs who you think is the GOAT swordmaster?

Qui Gon gets points for finding Anakin but he's not top 5 cuz Maul gave him that work.

tumblr_lzggsaBEGn1qbkclio3_250.gif

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
so in your world anakin does not get any of the blame???
even if mace woulda taken him along - he would've still turned to the dark side.it was in his nature!!
either to save padma(hope i spelt that right) or for something else. dude was too selfish in nature!!

In no way am I saying Anakin's doesn't deserve some blame for not controlling his emotions. But it's the Jedi Counsel's fault for not nurturing him better and helping overcome his fears and emotions. Obi, Yoda, Mace are the reason mostly Anakin ended up turning. They all deserve some blame.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
In no way am I saying Anakin's doesn't deserve some blame for not controlling his emotions. But it's the Jedi Counsel's fault for not nurturing him better and helping overcome his fears and emotions. Obi, Yoda, Mace are the reason mostly Anakin ended up turning. They all deserve some blame.
:handshake: