Star Wars heads, Did Mace Windu legit defeat Sidious...Or was Palpatine faking?

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm sorry but that all sounds like a bunch of contrived bullshyt. :manny:

The original movies NEVER alluded to anything of the sort. Vader was portrayed as a powerful jedi overcome by temptation, not some prophetic messiah figure here to bring peace to the universe.

Vader was on the dark side, the jedi were all but extinct.. they thought they failed ... there was no need to talk about a prophecy directly or indirectly.
but it was hinted when luke left dagaboh (whatever) and yoda was like he's our last hope and ben said there is another...

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
You dont remember Yoda saying "a prophecy...misread could of been"
He fulfilled what the chosen one was supppsed to do...defeat the sith and brought balance to the force.

Just cause he didn't do it the way everyone thought he would, dosen't mean he didnt fullfil the prophecy :beli:

i remember that... i'm just saying yoda is making an excuse because anakin fell to the dark side..

But to be fair he did bring balance to the force.. it probably didnt say when he would.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Vader was on the dark side, the jedi were all but extinct.. they thought they failed ... there was no need to talk about a prophecy directly or indirectly.
but it was hinted when luke left dagaboh (whatever) and yoda was like he's our last hope and ben said there is another...

Yea, cause Lucas hadn't thought of it yet.

come on .. quote the entire post.... because it answers that

Daps
Reppin
NYC
There was a hope because there was another Skywalker, someone that could potentially be trained to defeat Vader if Luke had failed.

Don't see how it alludes to a prophecy.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Whats so important about Skywalker ... why couldnt it be greensky or something else.... its because there's something important about the skywalker line ....

but I do agree, nobody said the words prophecy in the OT but there are instances that since we have the PT when you can fill in the blanks like I just did..

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Whats so important about Skywalker ... why couldnt it be greensky or something else.... its because there's something important about the skywalker line ....

but I do agree, nobody said the words prophecy in the OT but there are instances that since we have the PT when you can fill in the blanks like I just did..

The OT didn't have any blanks that needed to be filled. We all knew the backstory because it was explained to us over the course of the 3 movies.

All the PT did was create more questions and make things more convoluted. It CONTRADICTS the original story instead of acting as the companion piece it was meant to be.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The OT didn't have any blanks that needed to be filled. We all knew the backstory because it was explained to us over the course of the 3 movies.

All the PT did was create more questions and make things more convoluted. It CONTRADICTS the original story instead of acting as the companion piece it was meant to be.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree. I see your point but I am not in 100% agreement.I see enough between the OT and PT to make it work... although not 100%, it works enough

the back story we got in the OT wasnt much. we got anakin was bens bff and a good pilot and was turned to the dark side.. but why would Ben tell Luke his father is the bad guy trying it kill him. He also was the chosen one to fulfill the prophecy but he screwed up, etc.. If it was me I wouldnt tell him that .. Bad enough Luke started training at 19 yr old and not 19 days ... you dont wanna give him that kind of pressure.. Remember anakin got exposed to all of that and he couldnt handle it and turned...

Last edited:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I'm gonna have to say I believe Windu was able to hold his own in the saber duel, but Palpatine knew Anakin was coming and was ready to fukk his mind up. It was all chance at that point. Gave himself a situation to work with and left it up to Anakin.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
you guys do know all this stuff is on google right??

The prophecy of the Chosen One was an ancient Jedi legend that foretold the coming of a being who would restore balance to the Force. The idea of balance of the Force, a central tenet of the Jedi Order, referred to the ideal state in which the Force existed in nature, namely as the light side. According to Jedi dogma, the presence of the dark side corrupted and destroyed this natural balance, and the Jedi viewed it as their duty to restore it. The prophecy was one of hundreds of obscure legends maintained by the Jedi Order, though its origins and actual content remain unknown. It was thought to have been created by the earliest Jedi philosophers, after the creation of the Galactic Republic but before the Jedi assumed an active role in it.

The prophecy
In the time of greatest despair,
a child shall be born
who will destroy the Sith
and bring balance to the Force.

so the force's natural state is the LIGHT side

George Lucas himself has stated that Anakin is the Chosen One and that the prophecy is true, although it had been misinterpreted by the entire Jedi Order.

that was right too. about him fulfilling the prophecy.. BUT....

It is believed by some that the prophecy of the Chosen One is connected to the prophecy of the "Son of the Suns", as mentioned in the second draft script of what became Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope:

"…And in the time of greatest despair, there shall come a savior, and he shall be known as THE SON OF THE SUNS."
Journal of the Whills, 3:127[src]
This, however, was written in 1975, when the prophecy of the Chosen One had not been developed, and is actually referencing the actions of Luke Skywalker, not his father.

lucas did want the prophecy stuff in the first trilogy... but it was about luke... and then he deleted it, and put it back in the newer trilogy, and made it about anakin

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
another thing is, you gotta decide which version you are going off.. lucas doesn't write the books, he just has say if they get released or not since he owns star wars.. but there's no exact series that he's ever said "this is the actual version" besides his movies

it'd be like comparing the game of thrones show to the ice and fire books... at this point they are similar but storylines and plots are totally different

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Mace had him on the ropes and was about to deliver that :damn: shot. Palps was using all of his life force to defeat Mace, which is why he looked all fukked up. Then that lil bytch Annakin revealed his darkness in the force and distracted Mace. Long enough to allow Sidious to use one last final force lightning blast.
:pacspit: Annakin. They didn't really show it in the movie, but Mace was a BEAST. He was on Yoda level and was the best Jedi swordsman.
Trust short killed me, I went from loving anniken to hating him

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Mace really messed up with that dramatic speech and pause for the cause death blow to Sideous. He had the light saber right to his throat, all he had to do was jab it and game over. But for some reason he pulls his arm back behind his head and winds up for 8 minutes like he's about to chop down a tree :dahell:

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
Mace and Yoda were too arrogant. They underestimated Palpatine and his abilities. Dude was right there the whole time and they couldn't sense shyt and even when they did, they still underestimated him :ehh: