Sports Analyst, Emmanuel Acho, says being non-FBA means he doesn't have "generational trauma" and he can speak with no "sting" to white people.

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
I can’t even believe this level of c00nery w has been allowed to exist in 2023.it speaks to where we are as a society and how had immigration has been for our ethnic group. Going against everything Malcolm preached.

HimmyHendrix

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The End
:manny: It's dumb to innsuate that there is no generational trauma from colonization.
There only is if you stay.
Mannnn fellow African-Americans don’t know their own history :what:
who don’t know don’t their history you c00n? There is no single black ethnic group more in touch with their blackness and more aware of their history than black Americans u Buffoon

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
My nikka, I saw your og post before you edited to fall in live with the status quo of thecoli. I agree with both but the string of whites being racist isn't what gets most Black people, it's the system and the BS that's visible that others don't have to deal with. Like white kids getting 1 million line of credit and we can't even get 3k without wack interest fees. The consistent undermining from banks, legislators, and other key institutions as well.

Sometimes you have a light bulb moment and change it

I forgot what I originally posted, but it can't be too far from the edit

I didn't think of your perspective though, if that's what it is then I agree

But when he says sting, I think of it meaning black Americans cannot control their emotions and are prone to emotional outburst

Greed

Pro
Daps
I think what Acho is trying to convey is that because of his Nigerian linage, he didn’t experience the recent “trauma” with white people. Such as Jim Crow laws etc. So it’s easy for him to communicate with white people because he doesn’t have an emotional connection to Black struggles.

I think Van is right to call Acho out, because Acho acts like a representative of Black People, but he isn’t emotionally connected to Black people so he’s approach to white people is not a true representation of black people
This is it

There’s nothing wrong with him saying he’s disconnected from the struggles of black Americans due to our history here. It’s true, we all know it and as others have said, it’s a common sentiment even on this forum.

It also IS dangerous, because he recognizes it for what it is and thinks of it as a better approach. Otherwise he wouldn’t be having those uncomfortable talks about issues specific to black Americans with white ppl. Just like he wouldn’t be sitting down as a representative for LGBTQ rights because he knows it’s not his experience. The fact is white folks have been using HIS method for too long now and we have nothing to show for it, except more “trauma”. So they need to feel that “sting”, and keep feeling it. His approach is ultimately more empty conversations

Unemployed GM

All Star
Daps
that's all good ... you had more of an issue with the fact that he said it not what he said.

the interviewer and thread made a "controversy" of his statement yet that statement is in line with what ADOS posters have been saying for years...

If Africans say they don't have the capacity for understanding due to lack of same experience we are problematic, if we say we do then we are absurd because we can't possibly know. It's literally no right answers. what there is is a lot of tension and it is volatile online and exploited. enter this thread and OP a self identifying ADOS poster. I find it hard to believe he is offended by that statement when it has been a strongly held belief amongst posters of his group. I think people like to feign ignorance to exploit the situation for outrage when convenient. which is just more of that diaspora war shyt.
How about this, if you don’t have an understanding of something don’t speak on it. This nikka stay being clown.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
This is it

There’s nothing wrong with him saying he’s disconnected from the struggles of black Americans due to our history here. It’s true, we all know it and as others have said, it’s a common sentiment even on this forum.

It also IS dangerous, because he recognizes it for what it is and thinks of it as a better approach. Otherwise he wouldn’t be having those uncomfortable talks about issues specific to black Americans with white ppl. Just like he wouldn’t be sitting down as a representative for LGBTQ rights because he knows it’s not his experience. The fact is white folks have been using HIS method for too long now and we have nothing to show for it, except more “trauma”. So they need to feel that “sting”, and keep feeling it. His approach is ultimately more empty conversations
Who told him it was uneasy for Black Americans to communicate with white people?

Who told him that?

He simply doesnt like that Black Americans make whites uneasy when not ignoring slights his c00n ass would ignore.

The comfort of whites is HIS concern because hes a soft toe. Hes mad at Black Americans because they aren’t concerned with making them comfortable. He views it as a character flaw that they aint kissing white ass.

Stop making excuses for him being meek.

Last edited:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Here's the og convo if it ain't been posted. 35 min if I didn't copy it right.

98Ntu

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
Can’t speak for Acho but as an African, Zimbabwean in particular, this isn’t true for me. Whites raped southern Africa through colonialism. They stole land, destroyed monuments, desecrated spaces of worship and lynched people. I feel the sting everyday and my family back home feels the trauma everyday. Even the people born after 1980 (Zim independence) like myself, feel the sting indirectly in various ways. I’m almost 25 in America and I want to live Africa but currently don’t because Zim is a failed state. Yes Mugabe and ZANU PF are partially responsible but so are Western sanctions and exploitation.

Contrary to what Acho says many Africans hate the West and want them to stop meddling in our affairs. Big ol’ Sambo needs to stop speaking for AAs and Africans, please

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
I do not understand....So why did his family leave Nigeria and a continent full of Black people and no generational trauma, to America full of White people?

I live in California where Black people are 6.5% and I choose to live in an area where the majority are Black people.
That’s the crux of the issue. Europeans messed things up in those other countries, which is why people leave for better opportunities. If we ALL could be honest about the havoc they wreaked across the planet and against ALL our people, we could all get on the same page.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Can’t speak for Acho but as an African, Zimbabwean in particular, this isn’t true for me. Whites raped southern Africa through colonialism. They stole land, destroyed monuments, desecrated spaces of worship and lynched people. I feel the sting everyday and my family back home feels the trauma everyday. Even the people born after 1980 (Zim independence) like myself, feel the sting indirectly in various ways. I’m almost 25 in America and I want to live Africa but currently don’t because Zim is a failed state. Yes Mugabe and ZANU PF are partially responsible but so are Western sanctions and exploitation.

Contrary to what Acho says many Africans hate the West and want them to stop meddling in our affairs. Big ol’ Sambo needs to stop speaking for AAs and Africans, please
YALL GET IT!

Yall and south africans. BIG TIME!