Sports Analyst, Emmanuel Acho, says being non-FBA means he doesn't have "generational trauma" and he can speak with no "sting" to white people.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let me ask my question again since you dodged my entire post.

Would you NIGERIANWONDER, allow me (an American born NEEGA) to go to Nigeria and start my talk show called "Naija Talks"...where I get to speak to Cacs about the struggles of Nigerians.

Would you and your people ACCEPT and SUPPORT me as I make my attempt to represent your people? I mean we "all black right"?

Yes or No

Answer directly or stop quoting me

Im american born too dummy and half ados. But If you grew up in Nigeria you can speak on your perspective as a black american growing up in Nigeria. Who cares. Acho is speaking as a black man who grew up in america.

Keep ducking the question I asked though
Finally watched this clip. What exactly do you disagree with that he said here? He literally breaks down and delineates ADOS from other black americans in the first 5 minutes. He make it clear he is also speaking on his opinion. So tell me exactly what he said in this clip you don't agree with?

Greed

Pro
Daps
Who told him it was uneasy for Black Americans to communicate with white people?

Who told him that?

He simply doesnt like that Black Americans make whites uneasy when not ignoring slights his c00n ass would ignore.

The comfort of whites is HIS concern because hes a soft toe. Hes mad at Black Americans because they aren’t concerned with making them comfortable. He views it as a character flaw that they aint kissing white ass.

Stop making excuses for him being meek.

I get you wanted to make a point but none of this is relevant to anything I said

The fact is, he IS disconnected from black American history. He’s not a black American descendant of slavery. So him acknowledging that he isn’t one, isn’t a problem, we already knew

As for who told him that, I dunno. That wasn’t my point though, I don’t really care about the “why” he’s doing it, I only explained how Van was right calling it dangerous, and that it ultimately leads to nothing but more of the same empty conversations

Random as hell you took that to be “making excuses” for him

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I’m in the process of writing an article for the premier times out here. Let me tell you what’s up. Nigerian culture to say you don’t know something is viewed as a weakness. I repeat, to say you don’t know Something is viewed as a weakness. So often times, many Nigerians, who know zero about black American history, or even the intricacies of their own, won’t admit to saying “I don’t know “because that’s viewed as a weakness in the culture. So people would rather lie, than admit to not knowing things and take in a learning opportunity.

It’s a cultural dysfunction and many Nigerians back home are open to the blog I wrote about it to the point that a newspaper picking it up.

I just landed in Nigeria two hours ago. I hope it gets published before I leave.

From back in Fela’s time till now, Nigerians are the LEAST pan-Africanist people Ive ever met.
this is where I gotta step in. You being out of pocket. I find that people who know our history in either location know all our history and people who don't know shyt don't know shyt if it's west Africa or America unless it's about cacs. Chill with the disrespect. You getting too comfortable disrespecting Africans. Chill

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I don't know about this

to me, Acho was baited into a conversation that he was clearly not ready for
Van went there with an agenda, I follow him and he has on few occasions took some talking points from tariq nasheed on his social media accounts.
Unfortunately Acho fell for it and now Van got the click bait he wanted as the anti black immigrant brigade is using his sound bite

Acho issue is that he is smart dumb bro, he can talk with the best of them but dude just says stuff without thinking
he wants to be stephen a smith but has no situational awareness

my advice to him is to be more aware and know when to skip some questions, anything relating to Black Americans, historically or current events he should pass on. Other than that, I don't have any issues with bro. I wish him success.
Yall will defend a c00n to the death

I don't care about Van
The dude said what he said
And look at his prior history

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Respect to the handful of African brothers in this thread calling out Acho's BS. We know who you are & know you ride with AA's.Acho's been moving like a c00n for a long time & I'm glad he's been taken to task for it. On the same token, some of you not calling this BS for what it is is some goofy shyt & it's disappointing reading it
It's insane
He ain't get trapped

That shyt should never leave your mouth
It's like walking into a gay glory hole and getting your dikk sucked

What were you even doing in that back alley in the first place?

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im actually ados but I'll entertain your train of thought. I wouldnt care who speaks on what as long they specify the view point from which they are speaking. If those african americans grew up in Nigeria and were impacted by those politics why couldnt they speak on it? Anyone can have an opinion. And american imperialism which all americans including black americans benefit from does more than just give opinions on African issues. American imperialism to this day shapes their politics, keeps them in debt, funds wars and drains these countries of their natural resources so you can have the newest iphone and electronics and not care about how many africans died to produce those minerals that benefit you. But thats another thread.

You were not alive during slavery or jim crow so you dont know anything about that either outside of what you read in history books and movies or visiting museums. My great grandparents went through it but they aint alive no more. Ask the average black high school kid these days and they know nothing about their own history either. Kids and their parents dont care these days. Nor are they properly taught black history these days. There was just a thread where they were slandering MLK saying he never did nothing but march. Rappers like lil wayne and young thug claim racism doesnt even exist and are celebrated. Acho is way more educated on these matters and history than the average person. Anti intellectualism is an american problem but thats another thread.

The modern day black american experience is one in which anyone who is deemed black looking in america will face. Prejudice is based off perception first and foremost. Thats always been the case. So anyone like Acho who grew up in america can speak on that dynamic cause he will face much of the same issues and stereotypes as any other black person. Acknowledging that there are levels of "priveledge" in certain spaces and corner cases does not take away from ones blackness or their overall black experience in America. For example a lot of racist still love black athletes and black entertainers. They will treat them differently than they will the average black man on the street. How did black immigrant priveledge work out for amadou diallo or botham jean?

I asked this question earlier and never got an answer. Crickets. Everything you mentioned about slavery, jim crow etc he spoke about in this clip. If he is so offbase then tell me what in the clip you specifically think he was wrong about. He would have been called out a long time ago if he was inaccurate. Look at the comments on the video. Black folks all agreeing with him casue this was before the fake outrage. If you dont like the guy cause he is a black immigrant or just plain hating cause he built a successful platform just say that. The theatrics aren't necessary.
Broah you doing too much right now. You don't know when I was born. You don't have any idea how old my parents and grandparents were. You don't know what history they advised me of or the stuff that they showed me. So you don't know. Just so you can walk away with more knowledge after this exchange: my paternal grandparents were born in the 1800s. Two of their 4 parents, my great grandparents were born in slavery. My father, who was much older than my mother, was 45 years old when Jim Crow ended. His oldest children, who are my sisters and brothers grew up in the Jim Crow era and went to segregated schools and colleges. My mother and her parents and siblings grew up in Jim Crow. I am much younger than my paternal siblings, but I am old enough to remember the housing and school discrimination cases and being bused to White schools when I was a kid.

So you talking out the side of your neck just like that nikka Acho.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Broah you doing too much right now. You don't know when I was born. You don't have any idea how old my parents and grandparents were. You don't know what history they advised me of or the stuff that they showed me. So you don't know. Just so you can walk away with more knowledge after this exchange: my paternal grandparents were born in the 1800s. Two of their 4 parents, my great grandparents were born in slavery. My father, who was much older than my mother, was 45 years old when Jim Crow ended. His oldest children, who are my sisters and brothers grew up in the Jim Crow era and went to segregated schools and colleges. My mother and her parents and siblings grew up in Jim Crow. I am much younger than my paternal siblings, but I am old enough to remember the housing and school discrimination cases and being bused to White schools when I was a kid.

So you talking out the side of your neck just like that nikka Acho.

You should speak up more when fools on here say this miss Jim Crow or that DeSantis ain’t that bad

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
[/QUOTE]
this is where I gotta step in. You being out of pocket. I find that people who know our history in either location know all our history and people who don't know shyt don't know shyt if it's west Africa or America unless it's about cacs. Chill with the disrespect. You getting too comfortable disrespecting Africans. Chill
I call shyt as it is.

Disrespect my ass..

Im also here to vote. Im contributing. Where are you?

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You should speak up more when fools on here say this miss Jim Crow or that DeSantis ain’t that bad
They don't know what the fugg they are writing about and I always assume anyone writing that nonsense has to be White. Any Black person writing that nonsense is stupid and they clearly have no idea what this country used to be like.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im american born too dummy and half ados. But If you grew up in Nigeria you can speak on your perspective as a black american growing up in Nigeria. Who cares. Acho is speaking as a black man who grew up in america.

Keep ducking the question I asked though
Broah you still dancing around questions your damn self. I asked you do you think that it is appropriate for an African American to speak on Igbo and Yoruba traumas in Nigeria to White people in let's say England? Before you reply just read some shyt I learned from DNA testing:

African Ancestry says that my mother's maternal line is Mende from Sierra Leone. My father's paternal line is Bissa who are Mandingos that live in Bukina Faso and Ghana. Familytree DNA says that I am 29% Nigerian. 23andme says that I am 39.7% Nigerian. Ancestry DNA states that I am 40% Nigerian. 23andme claims that I have a grandparent or a great-grandparent that was 100% Nigerian born between 1850 and 1910. Ancestry DNA shows that both me and my mother have a 6th cousin named Obika. Since I knew all of my grandparents and know where they are from then I assume that it has to be 1 of my 8 great-grandparents that was 100% Nigerian, which lines up with historical events of the Aro Confederacy kidnapping and selling people to American slave owners in the Cross River region up until the beginning of the American Civil War in 1860. So since I have a recent ancestor(s) from Nigeria would it be appropriate for me to speak to English White people about Southern Nigerian people traumas? What about my mother? She eats lots of yams, we call them sweet potatoes and she watches these terrible Nigerian village movies on YouTube. So can she feel comfortable speaking about their traumas to her English neighbor down in Florida?

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Nigerians suffer from unique social dysfunctions…

They’re both incurious and arrogant, so they never intellectually interrogate themselves or have necessary humility to admit fault. This also leads to religious fanaticism.

They also espouse an ethic-less culture. This propels corruption in the country. A good politician who doesn’t steal or has principles is viewed as an idiot.

Did I also mention Nigerians hate each other? This lends itself to anti blackness
You funny ass hell. Where are your people from? :russ: