Sports Analyst, Emmanuel Acho, says being non-FBA means he doesn't have "generational trauma" and he can speak with no "sting" to white people.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would you be ok with African Americans sitting around spouting shyt about the Igbo and Yoruba experiences in Nigeria? Would you take kindly to us giving opinions on the trauma of the Biafran war, which is clearly shyt that most of us know nothing about?

That is the problem that African Americans have with Black immigrants speaking on historical shyt that they know nothing about. Recent Black immigrants and their children have only known good times in America. They have only known schools and jobs. They don't know anything about the struggle that African Americans endured to get the right to attend those schools and get those jobs that they and Black immigrants are now benefitting from. Immigrants don't know shyt about no shyt about lynchings, civil rights marches, government oppression, lawsuits, slavery, Jim Crow and all that other terrible shyt that happened before their parents immigrated here. A lot of Black immigrants get their information about African Americans and American history from White people, which is dumbest shyt of all time. In White people narrative of events everybody is a savage except them, and they discovered America even though people were already here. The end. Well a lot more shyt happened in between that Black immigrants and there children are clearly unaware of and they are foolish to think that they have the capacity to speak on.

Im actually ados but I'll entertain your train of thought. I wouldnt care who speaks on what as long they specify the view point from which they are speaking. If those african americans grew up in Nigeria and were impacted by those politics why couldnt they speak on it? Anyone can have an opinion. And american imperialism which all americans including black americans benefit from does more than just give opinions on African issues. American imperialism to this day shapes their politics, keeps them in debt, funds wars and drains these countries of their natural resources so you can have the newest iphone and electronics and not care about how many africans died to produce those minerals that benefit you. But thats another thread.

You were not alive during slavery or jim crow so you dont know anything about that either outside of what you read in history books and movies or visiting museums. My great grandparents went through it but they aint alive no more. Ask the average black high school kid these days and they know nothing about their own history either. Kids and their parents dont care these days. Nor are they properly taught black history these days. There was just a thread where they were slandering MLK saying he never did nothing but march. Rappers like lil wayne and young thug claim racism doesnt even exist and are celebrated. Acho is way more educated on these matters and history than the average person. Anti intellectualism is an american problem but thats another thread.

The modern day black american experience is one in which anyone who is deemed black looking in america will face. Prejudice is based off perception first and foremost. Thats always been the case. So anyone like Acho who grew up in america can speak on that dynamic cause he will face much of the same issues and stereotypes as any other black person. Acknowledging that there are levels of "priveledge" in certain spaces and corner cases does not take away from ones blackness or their overall black experience in America. For example a lot of racist still love black athletes and black entertainers. They will treat them differently than they will the average black man on the street. How did black immigrant priveledge work out for amadou diallo or botham jean?

Finally watched this clip. What exactly do you disagree with that he said here? He literally breaks down and delineates ADOS from other black americans in the first 5 minutes. He make it clear he is also speaking on his opinion. So tell me exactly what he said in this clip you don't agree with?

I asked this question earlier and never got an answer. Crickets. Everything you mentioned about slavery, jim crow etc he spoke about in this clip. If he is so offbase then tell me what in the clip you specifically think he was wrong about. He would have been called out a long time ago if he was inaccurate. Look at the comments on the video. Black folks all agreeing with him casue this was before the fake outrage. If you dont like the guy cause he is a black immigrant or just plain hating cause he built a successful platform just say that. The theatrics aren't necessary.

Last edited:

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Let me tell you what’s up. Nigerian culture to say you don’t know something is viewed as a weakness. I repeat, to say you don’t know Something is viewed as a weakness. So often times, many Nigerians, who know zero about black American history, or even the intricacies of their own, won’t admit to saying “I don’t know “because that’s viewed as a weakness in the culture. So people would rather lie, then admit to not knowing things and take in a learning opportunity.
this is something i didn't know and it explains a lot.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Im actually ados but I'll entertain your train of thought. I wouldnt care who speaks on what as long they specify the view point from which they are speaking. If those african americans grew up in Nigeria and were impacted by those politics why couldnt they speak on it? Anyone can have an opinion. And american imperialism which all americans including black americans benefit from does more than just give opinions on African issues. American imperialism to this day shapes their politics, keeps them in debt, funds wars and drains these countries of their natural resources so you can have the newest iphone and electronics and not care about how many africans died to produce those minerals that benefit you. But thats another thread.

You were not alive during slavery or jim crow so you dont know anything about that either outside of what you read in history books and movies or visiting museums. My great grandparents went through it but they aint alive no more. Ask the average black high school kid these days and they know nothing about their own history either. Kids dont care these days. There was just a thread where they were slandering MLK saying he never did nothing but march. Rappers like lil wayne and young thug claim racism doesnt even exist and are celebrated. Acho is way more educated on these matters and history than the average person. Anti intellectualism is an american problem but thats another thread.

The modern day black american experience is one in which anyone who is deemed black looking in america will face. Prejudice is based off perception first and foremost. Thats always been the case. So anyone like Acho who grew up in america can speak on that dynamic cause he will face much of the same issues and stereotypes as any other black person. Acknowledging that there are levels of "priveledge" in certain spaces and corner cases does not take away from ones blackness or their overall black experience in America. For example a lot of racist still love black athletes and black entertainers. They will treat them differently than they will the average black man on the street. How did black immigrant priveledge work out for amadou diallo or botham jean?

I asked this question earlier and never got an answer. Crickets. Everything you mentioned about slavery, jim crow etc he spoke about in this clip. If he is so offbase then tell me what in the clip you specifically think he was wrong about. He would have been called out a long time ago if he was inaccurate. Look at the comments on the video. Black folks all agreeing with him casue this was before the fake outrage. If you dont like the guy cause he is a black immigrant or just plain hating cause he built a successful platform just say that. The theatrics aren't necessary.

Im not sure why this concept is difficult for you guys to get.

Your name is NigerianWonder.

I'm not Nigerian.

If I got on a flight to Nigeria and said 'I really dont know much about the experience of Nigerians, but you know what, I'm going to nominate myself to become a spokesperson for the underclass of Nigeria bc I'm articulate and Europeans seem to like me. Because I'm so articulate, Im going to create a tv show called "Naija Talks" where I bring europeans on the show and I speak to them on behalf of all Nigerians.

Some of my talking points you might agree with, and some you might not.

Would you and your people accept my position as Nigerian spokesperson?? Would you and your family accept me as an authority figure on Nigerian politics?

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I’m in the process of writing an article for the premier times out here. Let me tell you what’s up. Nigerian culture to say you don’t know something is viewed as a weakness. I repeat, to say you don’t know Something is viewed as a weakness. So often times, many Nigerians, who know zero about black American history, or even the intricacies of their own, won’t admit to saying “I don’t know “because that’s viewed as a weakness in the culture. So people would rather lie, then admit to not knowing things and take in a learning opportunity.

It’s a cultural dysfunction and many Nigerians back home are open to the blog I wrote about it to the point that a newspaper picking it up.

I just landed in Nigeria two hours ago. I hope he gets published before I leave.

From back in Fela’s time till, Nigerians are the LEAST pan-Africanist people Ive ever met.

Nigerians suffer from unique social dysfunctions…

They’re both incurious and arrogant, so they never intellectually interrogate themselves or have necessary humility to admit fault. This also leads to religious fanaticism.

They also espouse an ethic-less culture. This propels corruption in the country. A good politician who doesn’t steal or has principles is viewed as an idiot.

Did I also mention Nigerians hate each other? This lends itself to anti blackness

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Nigerians suffer from unique social dysfunctions…

They’re both incurious and arrogant, so they never intellectually interrogate themselves or have necessary humility to admit fault. This also leads to religious fanaticism.

They also espouse an ethic-less culture. This propels corruption in the country. A good politician who doesn’t steal or has principles is viewed as an idiot.

Did I also mention Nigerians hate each other? This lends itself to anti blackness
Breh….who you telling?

Funny…the guy youre names after was mentored by the same man who mentored my dad.

Either way, Nigerians have shyt with them that I cant relate to. And they will NEVER admit to shyt because its viewed as a cultural weakness.

Its what Im addressing in this article and many Nigerians here in Nigeria backed me on it.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Breh….who you telling?

Funny…the guy youre names after was mentored by the same man who mentored my dad.

Either way, Nigerians have shyt with them that I cant relate to. And they will NEVER admit to shyt because its viewed as a cultural weakness.

Its what Im addressing in this article and many Nigerians here in Nigeria backed me on it.

Good luck. Knowing Nigerians, as I have my whole life, they hate the truth and will attack you for it.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im not sure why this concept is difficult for you guys to get.

Your name is NigerianWonder.

I'm not Nigerian.

If I got on a flight to Nigeria and said 'I really dont know much about the experience of Nigerians, but you know what, I'm going to nominate myself to become a spokesperson for the underclass of Nigeria bc I'm articulate and Europeans seem to like me. Because I'm so articulate, Im going to create a tv show called "Naija Talks" where I bring europeans on the show and I speak to them on behalf of all Nigerians.

Some of my talking points you might agree with, and some you might not.

Would you and your people accept my position as Nigerian spokesperson?? Would you and your family accept me as an authority figure on Nigerian politics?

Im not sure why you dont understand the difference between a race and ethnicity. Black is a race. Nigerian is ethnicity. American white supremacy and systemic racism is based on race and not ethnicity. Acho can speak about his race cause he is black. Why is that concept so difficult for YOU to understand?

Now answer my question which you are ducking...

Finally watched this clip. What exactly do you disagree with that he said here? He literally breaks down and delineates ADOS from other black americans in the first 5 minutes. He make it clear he is also speaking on his opinion. So tell me exactly what he said in this clip you don't agree with?

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Im not sure why you dont understand the difference between a race and ethnicity. Black is a race. Nigerian is ethnicity. American white supremacy and systemic racism is based on race and not ethnicity. Acho can speak about his race cause he is black. Why is that concept so difficult for YOU to understand?

Nigerian is not an ethnicity. It’s a nationality.

Example:
An American and a Nigerian walk into a bar. They’re both ethnically Yoruba…

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

Breh…why you are ok with him saying him saying folks are more comfortable talking to him because he doesnt carry African American trauma?

WHO told him that? Why are YOU ok with that nonsense?

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

Let me ask my question again since you dodged my entire post.

Would you NIGERIANWONDER, allow me (an American born NEEGA) to go to Nigeria and start my talk show called "Naija Talks"...where I get to speak to Cacs about the struggles of Nigerians.

Would you and your people ACCEPT and SUPPORT me as I make my attempt to represent your people? I mean we "all black right"?

Yes or No

Answer directly or stop quoting me

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh…why you are ok with him saying him saying folks are more comfortable talking to him because he doesnt carry African American trauma?

WHO told him that? Why are YOU ok with that nonsense?
Where did he say that? Quote it. Where did he say they were more comfortable talking to him? He spoke on "His method". He never implies its the only way or a better way.