Spirituality Thread - OBEs, lucid dreams, meditation, chakras etc

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You keep thinking we're spirits living in a vehicle.

Thats.

Not.

True.

we are biological beings that can regulate SOME of our biology....not all of it

Ehhh...these definitive statements breh. How can you possibly be so confident? Even from a purely scientific standpoint, how can you be so confident? We really don't know shyt about this world. Once again, this may be my postmodern mindset, but for real, how can you be so confident?

Daps
does altering your brain's chemistry mean you're in a spiritual world or that you've merely changed your perception of your local environment?

Its like saying smoking crack or getting drunk allows you to reach a spiritual world :usure:

It altered your perception but how can you say that perception does not actually exist.

If an owl has exceptional auditory perception that is because his brain allows him to be in tune with that reality. A reality vastly different to what we have. Had we not studied the owl we wouldnt have known this perceptional reality can exist.

What is to say altering our brain chemistry does not put us in tune with a reality or wavelength that actually exists but is different than this material existence we are normally aware of?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
you

are

contradicting

yourself.

if we are nothing but a biological being what is this 'thing' that can control our biological being.

again, this comes down to a fundamental misunderstanding of biology.

what don't you understand?

We are biological beings. Fact. End of story.

That very biology can have complex interactions (via evolution, synaptic pruning, electrical potentiation, etc) TO CONTROL its own function.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
homie have you ever had an obe? have you ever seen spirits in the concious state? have you ever heard more than 20 wolves howling like they around the corner and theres nothing? have you ever seen a skull appear on a stick and disappear? a transparent tiger? shadow persons? have you had these things happen to you with people with no spirtual experiences, i have and you are completely obviously oblivious to anything spiritual gtfoh...

that sounds like a neurological excitation, not like you're in another "realm"

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Ehhh...these definitive statements breh. How can you possibly be so confident? Even from a purely scientific standpoint, how can you be so confident? We really don't know shyt about this world. Once again, this may be my postmodern mindset, but for real, how can you be so confident?
i'm confident because again, you have to remember.

most people on here don't have any experience with science beyond the discovery channel and cute shyt michio kaku or neil degrasse tyson makes great talking points out of.

so yeah, they have these concepts that aren't fleshed out because they dont' even know that they're wrong or why they're wrong.

jjj123

Thinking of a Master Plan...
Daps
that sounds like a neurological excitation, not like you're in another "realm"

more akin to tapping into different frequencies, realm travel requires once to leave the physical state

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
when you unequate dmt, a natural byproduct of the human brain and is actually in all living things, with other drugs we will further discuss

See this is why i'm such an arrogant a$$hole to you clowns.

DMT is just a chemical

Period.

You claim to have had "spiritual experiences"...when all you did wwas go on a crazy trip and fukk with your brain chemistry.

Thats it.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Dreams don't mean shyt.

Testing, proof, and substantiation is everything.

Then again...I guess you thought they just sat around and believed the first thing that came to them.

to my understanding thats one of the best explanation of lucid dreaming we have.

But like I said...its easier for you guys to not invest any effort into learning how the brain works but instead throw caution to the wind and invest heavily in this pseudoscience jargon of sitting around and coming for theories of psychology without having to actually be responsible for researching it yourselves.

So following your advice, my amateur ass just did some reading and invested some effort and guess what the fukk I came up with ?

YOU ARE WRONG AND EVERY fukkING SCIENTIST HAVE COME TO THAT CONSENSUS

but let me back up my claims, unlike you.

One problem with Hobson’s original activation-synthesis model was that the theory presumes that all dreams occur in the REM state. However, two neuroscientists, James Foulkes and John Antrobus, have independently shown that long narrative dreams with bizarre elements can happen in non REM states too (see Rock 2004). Neuro-psychologist Mark Solms (1997) has also convincingly reframed the role of REM as an “alarm clock” for the mind to start dreaming, not as the prime creator. All of these researchers suggest that biochemical activation is not the sole genesis of a dream’s structure.

Hobson (1999) responded to criticism by modifying his position with some new brain imaging data that shows that the forebrain (specifically the limbic areas) are also highly activated in REM. The implication here is that emotions may be as big a factor in dream genesis/structure as brainstem activation.

In other words, whenever someone suggests that “dreams are random nonsense,” you can helpfully remind them that view is 20 years out of date and even the anti-Freudians have since changed their tune.[/QUOTE]

So I guess that make YOU an amateur :ohhh:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
i'm confident because again, you have to remember.

most people on here don't have any experience with science beyond the discovery channel and cute shyt michio kaku or neil degrasse tyson makes great talking points out of.

so yeah, they have these concepts that aren't fleshed out because they dont' even know that they're wrong or why they're wrong.
But these experiences still exist nonetheless. What does it matter how one perceives them? I guess I just don't get your argument. Are you saying, these are just chemical reactions in your mind and therefore you shouldn't gain anything from them, or are you just saying they're not real?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
It altered your perception but how can you say that perception does not actually exist.
are you fukking stupid?

If a crack head thinks hes superman, does that mean he's superman???????

If an owl has exceptional auditory perception that is because his brain allows him to be in tune with that reality. A reality vastly different to what we have. Had we not studied the owl we wouldnt have known this perceptional reality can exist.
Thats different. Organs tuned to be sensitive to different stimuli has NOTHING to do with your previous point.
What is to say altering our brain chemistry does not put us in tune with a reality or wavelength that actually exists but is different than this material existence we are normally aware of?

Then that wouldn't be another "existence" or spiritual realm. Its just a way to be sensitive to another aspect of physics.

Elephants can hear frequencies of vibrations we can't sense...does that mean elephants are in a different spiritual realm? No. They just are more sensitive to other perturbations of the natural world. i.e. ACTUAL physical sounds and vibrations.

Dogs can smell better. Does that mean they live in a different spiritual world?

Bees can view UV light...does that mean they live in a diff spiritual world?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
But these experiences still exist nonetheless. What does it matter how one perceives them? I guess I just don't get your argument. Are you saying, these are just chemical reactions in your mind and therefore you shouldn't gain anything from them, or are you just saying they're not real?
experiences do not potentiate the reality of those experiences.

smoking crack or getting high just changes your perception of reality...it doesn't mean that you're ACTUALLY in that reality.

jjj123

Thinking of a Master Plan...
Daps
prove you left the "physical state" beyond merely tripping on a psychoactive chemical..

google dmt breakthrough. its when you are physically unconcious and the fun begins. im trying to show you somethin homie, this rigid thinking you have going on doesnt work in the spirit realm at all and it would make you scared upon 1st experience...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So following your advice, my amateur ass just did some reading and invested some effort and guess what the fukk I came up with ?

YOU ARE WRONG AND EVERY fukkING SCIENTIST HAVE COME TO THAT CONSENSUS

but let me back up my claims, unlike you.

holy shyt are you fukking retarded.
YOU CAN HAVE EMOTIONS THAT INFLUENCE BIOLOGICAL CONDITIONS

WE ALREADY DISCUSSED THIS shyt!!!

See if you can find these chapters. I'm having trouble finding the whole book
http://www.coma.ulg.ac.be/images/TOC_neurology_of_consciousness.pdf

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2012-10/fyi-what-causes-near-death-experiences

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
experiences do not potentiate the reality of those experiences.

smoking crack or getting high just changes your perception of reality...it doesn't mean that you're ACTUALLY in that reality.
understood. I'm asking if you are disregading those experiences just because they are not "real?" There's a big difference here for me (and maybe others). These experiences, while perhaps simple chemical reactions (or perhaps not), can lead to spiritual awakening. Does it matter if they are not "real?"