Spirituality Thread - OBEs, lucid dreams, meditation, chakras etc

Soon

Banned
Daps
what do u mean by metaphysics? its such a broad term. I trust what scripture says about the make up of the body and the universe. life is vapor, a blade of grass, fleeting. the soul is everlasting. the way to achieve that everlasting is through the Word of Thurah, including trust in Yahusha Ha Mashiach, which is the living Thurah. I live by the first, the only black culture, which is the Hebrew way of old.

Yiramyahu (Jeremiah) 6:16 Thus saith Yahuah, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls...

I appreciate your reply, it reminds me I really need to go back and take up an intense study of the Old Testament. (I might have go back and look at your Bible Study thread, there was good advice in there, especially about learning Hebrew)

I have been in an intense study of the New Testament reading many books and watching many presentations by New Testament Scholars.

Studying the Old Testament was what I planned to do next, but I got side track studying the history of civilization, to help me get a better perspective of Mesoptamia, Indus River Valley, Greece, and Egypt. I'm currently reading up on the North and South American Indian tribes.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
what ways is there to use marijuana spiritually? i feel like im wasting the weed tbh.

Soon

Banned
Daps

This is what Richard Dawkins had to say about the Koren helmet, which Buddhist Monks use something similar to channel the Dahlia Lama.

He did not feel a trance like state or transcendental wonder.

He feels the brain just reacts to mediation, fasting, or chemicals...but Richard Dawkins doesn't consider this supernatural.

He also said he showed the EEG pattern of someone who would not have any kindof experiences.

Also he said people either feel:
1. Oneness
2. Visions (in religious folks of religious figures)

Brain scans have shown involvement of the temporal lobe, which contains the hippocampus which they feels plays a big part in spiritual experiences such as astral projection and charisms. But none of this happens without cerebral asymmetry. This is why some people can be born to become Shamans, check this video out.

@Nelomaxwell
@Chez Lopez
@CinnaSlim
@Oso
@agnosticlady
@Elle Driver
@The Dankster
[USER=2611]@Slang Dussain Ali[/USER]
@BmoreGorilla
@the cac mamba

Soon

Banned
Daps
The ancient traditions of Shamans, African Tribes, American Indians, Carribeans, and Latinos really do a good job of identifying, fostering, and nurturing those born with supernatural abilities as described in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10...mystics call it psychic ability and Hindus/Buddhist call it higher consciousness.

Phil Borges observed Shamans and does a good job describing them.

Near death experiences shows Voodoo and Judeo-Christians described the after life the most accurately, compared to the Hindu and Buddhist metaphysical concept of the soul.

All I can say about Voodoo is the spirits you serve are the spirits you will belong too, Angels will not take you.

@CinnaSlim

Chez Lopez

Neo-Abolitionist
Daps
Reppin
YAHUSHA HA MASHIACH
I appreciate your reply, it reminds me I really need to go back and take up an intense study of the Old Testament. (I might have go back and look at your Bible Study thread, there was good advice in there, especially about learning Hebrew)

I have been in an intense study of the New Testament reading many books and watching many presentations by New Testament Scholars.

Studying the Old Testament was what I planned to do next, but I got side track studying the history of civilization, to help me get a better perspective of Mesoptamia, Indus River Valley, Greece, and Egypt. I'm currently reading up on the North and South American Indian tribes.
a good source research on these ancient civilizations is the book of Yashar (Jasher). Will fill in the blanks on some of the modern/ancient connections. Serious word study is needed there and learning a bit of Hebrew helps with that. for instance genesis 10 indicates that javan is a son of japeth. In Hebrew there is no J and there is no v. Javan would then equal Yaun, which in greek is Ion. Thus Ionia is Javan, and the Ionians are Javanians. Javan settled in Mackdon, as the book of Yashar states and so then we know mackdon = Macedonian, as in Alexander the great, associated with Hellenistic/greek culture. Thus Javan is Ionia and Ionia is Macedonia and it all is known as Greek.

Soon

Banned
Daps
a good source research on these ancient civilizations is the book of Yashar (Jasher). Will fill in the blanks on some of the modern/ancient connections. Serious word study is needed there and learning a bit of Hebrew helps with that. for instance genesis 10 indicates that javan is a son of japeth. In Hebrew there is no J and there is no v. Javan would then equal Yaun, which in greek is Ion. Thus Ionia is Javan, and the Ionians are Javanians. Javan settled in Mackdon, as the book of Yashar states and so then we know mackdon = Macedonian, as in Alexander the great, associated with Hellenistic/greek culture. Thus Javan is Ionia and Ionia is Macedonia and it all is known as Greek.

Also, do you Astral project and use psychodelics like DMT?

Black Rain

Honey Milk
Daps
Reppin
Love
I jack my dikk furiously when im high kff some dank ass kush like lemon diesel or hash wax my orgasms seem to last forever and my eyes roll back..

Once im finished, i see cum everywhere on ny chest..:ld:

Soon

Banned
Daps
no, those things are satantic according to scripture. those powers are associated with demonic possession

Demonic possession is not a risk for everyone, only those who are spiritual. I'm more at risk than Richard Dawkins, which in the link I posted proved by brain studies and temporal lobe stimulation is not spiritual. Also, Atheist are least likely to experience demonic possession or poltergeist activity. Poltergeist activity (besides demonic possession or demonic infestation) usually means a child is nearby, since children are born spiritual.

Even near death experiences vary between people, so essentially die when you dwell and commune with those with similar spirituality. For example, sinners will be with sinners.

People say Christians have bad experiences in Astral Projection because of our fears, but this has been contrary to scientific explanations by neurologists. It is not fear, we are just more spiritual so we are more exposed to spiritual entities if we mix our spirituality with mysticism.

For instance those born with spiritual gifts as described in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10 can be identified by Shamans, Voodoo priests, and very spiritual folks. And brain studies have shown they are indeed different.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
Why is it that spiritually attuned/sensitive people seem to be messed up?
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong anywhere like there is a huge gap with me on one side and other people on the other side, a weird disconnect.

See this is what I meant by "messed up", some would argue that this line of thinking is reminiscent of a sociopath.

Soon

Banned
Daps
Why is it that spiritually attuned/sensitive people seem to be messed up?
Sometimes I feel like I don't belong anywhere like there is a huge gap with me on one side and other people on the other side, a weird disconnect.

See this is what I meant by "messed up", some would argue that this line of thinking is reminiscent of a sociopath.

You are experiencing the physical world and spirit world at the same time as described in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10. Mystics will try to get you to take advantage of those gifts by calling you psychic and have you engage in mystical practices, you animal self will be drawn to either the good or bad aspect depending on your history. Just be aware what you are going through is something we are fully aware of, check out the links below.

@Chez Lopez can give you more Biblical insight.

I think his thoughts are just disorganized. You've probably already known this, but sometimes it's a side affect of 'awakening.' Most people are pretty dysfunctional already on some level and then getting exposed to the spirit world can heighten that. I'm actually reading a book on shamanism now and it mentions that mental disfigurement is a side effect of coming into contact with spirits across several cultures, and it can be cured but only if it's handled properly through initiation or other measures. Otherwise it progresses into deeper impairment which is unfortunate.

My b for the delayed response, haven't been on thecoli for a couple days cause of server issues, seems like it's gotten better though

The Shamanic View of Mental Illness — JaysonGaddis.com

You might find that article interesting

I'm also reading a book that examines shamanism from an academic point of view right now, and basically across a lot of cultures what we label mental illnesses actually are seen as potential indicators of spirit possession, and the call to be a shaman. I have that one in text form so I can't just copy and paste passages in here, but if you really want the info I type pretty fast and I could probably get a few paragraphs in.

As you the impairment gets worst because you get irreversible brain damage, which is the natural progression when it comes to anything . natural or spiritual which affects the way you percieve the world.

You can tell if it is spiritual if it happens rapidly, other paranormal activities happen, and brain scans show any hippocampus involvement. Also, cerebral asymmetry is another clue.

Here is a very good Ted Talk on the subject, I feel its charisms as described in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10, in the Christian community we nurture those with great prayer, devotion, and faith.

Once you are born with this special traits, it can go haywire without strong faith.

@Oso @CinnaSlim

Chez Lopez

Neo-Abolitionist
Daps
Reppin
YAHUSHA HA MASHIACH
You are experiencing the physical world and spirit world at the same time as described in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10. Mystics will try to get you to take advantage of those gifts by calling you psychic and have you engage in mystical practices, you animal self will be drawn to either the good or bad aspect depending on your history. Just be aware what you are going through is something we are fully aware of, check out the links below.

@Chez Lopez can give you more Biblical insight.
any powers like divination, astral projection, channeling, drug induced spiritual activity, meditation, and telepathy are powers achieved by being possessed with a demon. Demons have the ability to provide super strength (luke 8:26-30, the demoniac man broke chains and fetters when subdued), predict the future (acts 16:16-18, demon possessed slave woman making money through her abilities) communicate and raise spirits (1 samual 28:7-14, witch of endor raising spirits from the dead). All spiritual activity through meditation is mediumship, opening oneself up to the spirits of this world, which are demons.

Deuteronomy 18:9-14

"When thou art come into the land which Yahuah Alahika giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto Yahuah: and because of these abominations Yahuah Alahika doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with Yahuah Alahika. For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the Yahuah Alahika hath not suffered thee so to do.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere

any powers like divination, astral projection, channeling, drug induced spiritual activity, meditation, and telepathy are powers achieved by being possessed with a demon. Demons have the ability to provide super strength (luke 8:26-30, the demoniac man broke chains and fetters when subdued), predict the future (acts 16:16-18, demon possessed slave woman making money through her abilities) communicate and raise spirits (1 samual 28:7-14, witch of endor raising spirits from the dead). All spiritual activity through meditation is mediumship, opening oneself up to the spirits of this world, which are demons.

Deuteronomy 18:9-14

"When thou art come into the land which Yahuah Alahika giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto Yahuah: and because of these abominations Yahuah Alahika doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with Yahuah Alahika. For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the Yahuah Alahika hath not suffered thee so to do.

1 Corinthians 12

Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed.
2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols.
3Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.
There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them.
5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord.
6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

The gifts are distributed by The Holy Spirit, so how is it demonic possession?