Spirituality Thread - OBEs, lucid dreams, meditation, chakras etc

yo moms

drunk
Daps
:salute:appreciate it.na i wanna fly loll lucid dreaming u cant fly

you can fly lucid dreaming. you can dowhat you want in a lucid dream. and the times i have astral projected have been from a dream state. so im not so sure theres any difference between the two.

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
Why anybody wants to do this is beyond me.
Opening yourself up to the spirt world for fun :francis:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I define metaphysics as defined by Buddha and Socrates. Not like how Satire did who lived centuries later. Once you go from nature or the Universe to God you no longer dealing with metaphysics, you dealing with theology. Once you go from dealing with superstition to dealing with faith, you go from mysticism to spirituality. Hinduism is filled with mysticism, Christianity is filled with spirituality.

Please quote to me where either Buddha or Socrates defined metaphysics. Then we can see if they defined it as excluded God and all spirituality or not.

And even if they did (which they didn't), why the heck would that mean that we would be forced to follow in their footsteps? Neither Buddha nor Socrates invented metaphysics. And even Socrates's grand-student Aristotle tied belief with an (abet impersonal) God into his metaphysics....as have many other metaphysicists over the entire 2,500+ year history of metaphysics.

I gave you source after source that showed that metaphysics and God/spirituality can be compatible. I linked dictionary definitions, encyclopedia definitions, university philosophy departments, famous metaphysicists across the world and thousands of years of history...

Meanwhile, you provide nothing. No links, no quotes, no sources, no logic. Just false claims from nowhere other than your own head that I easily disprove.

This might be worth reading.

How can you ever hope to get something right, or to convince others that you're right, if you're not willing to put up any evidence for your position, address any evidence that others put up contradicting your position, or change your mind when it's shown that you're wrong?

You're basically Donald Trump in that regard.

As far as the debate of the Johannine community, even the most conservative theologian calls them Hellenistic.

Honestly, there is not much else I can say.

Hellenistic does not mean Gnostic. Hellenistic culture existed for hundreds of years and had spread across the Mediterranean before Gnosticism was even a thing. Virtually everything in Mediterranean culture outside of the most fundamentalist Judaism was Hellenistic to some degree, and some were more than others. That does not mean they were Gnostic at all. Hellenism and Gnosticism are different things entirely.

You still have refused to provide a single source supporting your claim that the Johannine community is widely considered by secular scholars to be Gnostic, when I've shown you repeatedly that you're wrong.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Try it when you are less sleepy. Sleep for 6 hours (or whenever you get up) than stay up for about an hour and try it then.

Check out Ryan Cropper and Gordon Xavier on YouTube.

dat nikka went to my high school :ohhh:

hatechall

Banned
Daps
Reppin
universe
For the past few weeks I've been getting ringing in my left ear. It's not painful, just a brief beeping sound from time to time. Possibly a medical condition but I think it's more likely a result of my spiritual awakening.

Some say it's a sign that angels are with you, or entities from the spirit realm trying to communicate a message. I got kinda creeped out by that, so I announced out loud that I have no desire to communicate with the spirit realm! Has anybody else had this experience?

I've learned a lot since I unwittingly started this journey in late December. My faith in God has been restored and I've become much wiser. In the past month I got a gray hair on my head and one on my chest:wow:

Shazeer Fitzgerald

L O O K I N G and F I N D I N G
Daps
Reppin
The South.
For the past few weeks I've been getting ringing in my left ear. It's not painful, just a brief beeping sound from time to time. Possibly a medical condition but I think it's more likely a result of my spiritual awakening.

Some say it's a sign that angels are with you, or entities from the spirit realm trying to communicate a message. I got kinda creeped out by that, so I announced out loud that I have no desire to communicate with the spirit realm! Has anybody else had this experience?

I've learned a lot since I unwittingly started this journey in late December. My faith in God has been restored and I've become much wiser. In the past month I got a gray hair on my head and one on my chest:wow:
Yeah I've been having that same ringing idk what how to explain it tho

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
I had another sleep paralysis encounter.
There was this disturbing ass ringing sound in my ears and my jaw/chin area kept moving up and down.
Prob just my body trying to fight it off, but I dunno brehs

Last edited:

hatechall

Banned
Daps
Reppin
universe
I had another sleep paralysis encounter.
There was this disturbing ass ringing sound in my ears and my jaw/chin area kept moving up and down.
Prob just my body trying to fight it off, but I dunno brews

One way to help your body rest is to bring awareness to your desires. Bringing awareness to my smoking improved my cognition and gave me greater control over my body.

For example, instead of daydreaming while I smoked, I began using all of my senses...paying close attention to the smell, the feel, the taste, the look. Every time I found my thoughts drifting off into the past or future, I would bring myself back to the present, paying attention only to the moves I was making.

After doing that for a few days all I had to do is say "body rest", at which point my heart rate lowered and my muscles relaxed. All in all it's hard to be mindful of all of your actions, but being mindful of just some of them can help you a lot.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
As always I appreciate your feedback.

I wish I could say the same.

I've been trying to share what I know, what it's based on, where it's coming from.

You replied with, "Sorry, I'm right, you're wrong," with no desire to share any basis for your unfounded assertions except that everyone should take your word for it.

There's really nothing for anyone to gain from that.