Spirituality Thread - OBEs, lucid dreams, meditation, chakras etc

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Where do you get that Buddhists think what they practice is "not spirituality"??? You might think that for yourself, but that's not normative for Buddhists. I've spent a lot of time in Thailand and India, and Buddhists think their practices are spirituality too, by and large. You don't have to have a religious faith to have a spirituality.

Obviously, someone who believes in God will have a metaphysics. Everyone has a metaphysics - whether they have spiritual or religious beliefs is irrelevant.

I'm not seeing a dichotomy here.

Soon

Banned
Daps
Where do you get that Buddhists think what they practice is "not spirituality"??? You might think that for yourself, but that's not normative for Buddhists. I've spent a lot of time in Thailand and India, and Buddhists think their practices are spirituality too, by and large. You don't have to have a religious faith to have a spirituality.

Obviously, someone who believes in God will have a metaphysics. Everyone has a metaphysics - whether they have spiritual or religious beliefs is irrelevant.

I'm not seeing a dichotomy here.

You are talking about spirituality in very loose terms when you compare it to metaphysics.

Also, they believe in consciousness and everything has consciousness from plants to humans. So people even look at the concept of consciousness all wrong, when you increase your conciousness you are trying to reach Nirvana. Once you reach Nirvana, thats it, you stop the reincarnation process. You return back to the essence and become One. This is a pure metaphysical outlook. Buddhist do not believe in a God, they believe in a soul which they consider to contain conciousness. That consciousness becomes one, its basically I can become a plant or part of the source. Their is no individuality.

Christianity is far from being metaphysical, neither Buddhist nor actual metaphysicists such as Philosophers or scientist have God at the center of their metaphysics.

Christianity has some mystical concepts in the Gospel of John, which secular scholars consider the Johannine community to be Gnostic and theologians like Raymond E Brown describes the Johannine community as being Hellinistic. The blood of Christ washing away your sins is a mystical concept, but Romans does a much better job explaining why we recieved salvation, and reading Romans puts the Gospel of John in much better perspective. I think Christians approach their faith very mystical, because sin is presented in a mystical way in the Gospel of John.

It looks like you should do more reading up on metaphysics and I would be interested in spiritual practices of Buddhist you observed. But Buddhist do not believe in God and they only hold metaphysical beliefs. Even the concept of reincarnation as described by Buddhist is extremely metaphysical.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Astral projection, that's about it, everything else is pretty much metaphysics in this thread.
any specific guides to this stuff (youtube vids, sitesz etc) and how about that energy manipulation stuff?

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
@KOOL-AID what are you looking for/interested in? What is your intention?
lookin for a means to improve my spirituality (non religion based) with some of this stuff. Intentions are to remove any negative energies or habits i have, extrude a positive aura and find some deep meaning or sum. Been also looking into mediation and breathing exercises, some monk shyt as well, idk trynna take a bit of everything and mix it into one. Finna take a nap now so i guess i can try some lucid dreaming and astral projection.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
lookin for a means to improve my spirituality (non religion based) with some of this stuff. Intentions are to remove any negative energies or habits i have, extrude a positive aura and find some deep meaning or sum. Been also looking into mediation and breathing exercises, some monk shyt as well, idk trynna take a bit of everything and mix it into one. Finna take a nap now so i guess i can try some lucid dreaming and astral projection.
Start small, continue with meditation and journaling. Read and research. Trust your intuition. Remember it's a spiritual journey you don't want to leap from starting meditations to rootwork/shamanic rituals. You need to be trained and initiated. By taking the steps to become more familiar with energies/spirits you get the experience and you can begin to manifest what you want. Having clear intentions are important. But remember, you don't get something for nothing. Everything requires either effort or sacrifice.

Best thing to do is give up the people and things that no longer serve you and you will free up time for the things that do.
You can read the I-Ching, the Tao Te Ching.
Learn astrology, philosophy & economy, anatomy, nutrition & yoga/weight training. Spend time observing nature.

All these things are related so you don't have to be just singularly focused on metaphysics. But expand your mind, you'll start to see the connections which will help your understanding.

Some YouTubers to look up:
Teal Swan
Infinite Waters (Ralph Smart)
Ryan Cropper
Gordon Xavier
Oso

I started off very general and now I'm researching the older religions African Traditional religions and Shamanism and Hinduism

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Start small, continue with meditation and journaling. Read and research. Trust your intuition. Remember it's a spiritual journey you don't want to leap from starting meditations to rootwork/shamanic rituals. You need to be trained and initiated. By taking the steps to become more familiar with energies/spirits you get the experience and you can begin to manifest what you want. Having clear intentions are important. But remember, you don't get something for nothing. Everything requires either effort or sacrifice.

Best thing to do is give up the people and things that no longer serve you and you will free up time for the things that do.
You can read the I-Ching, the Tao Te Ching.
Learn astrology, philosophy & economy, anatomy, nutrition & yoga/weight training. Spend time observing nature.

All these things are related so you don't have to be just singularly focused on metaphysics. But expand your mind, you'll start to see the connections which will help your understanding.

Some YouTubers to look up:
Teal Swan
Infinite Waters (Ralph Smart)
Ryan Cropper
Gordon Xavier
Oso

I started off very general and now I'm researching the older religions African Traditional religions and Shamanism and Hinduism
by journaling u mean a dream journal or like a diary? Aight i got you on the rest of this stuff tho, i appreciate ur help and wisdom. I'll try to update my progress in here from time to time, btw didn't dream at all during my nap lol. Its unusual since for the most part i dream every time i fall asleep, most likely due to me being super tired from studying all night yesterday.

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
by journaling u mean a dream journal or like a diary? Aight i got you on the rest of this stuff tho, i appreciate ur help and wisdom. I'll try to update my progress in here from time to time, btw didn't dream at all during my nap lol. Its unusual since for the most part i dream every time i fall asleep, most likely due to me being super tired from studying all night yesterday.
Dream journals are great for remembering dreams and getting familiar with the dream realm. Write everything you remember about the dream especially how different things made you feel. You can also write what happened from different perspectives to gain a better understanding.

Journaling about everyday life will give you insight on your feelings and actually keep track of the progress you made. It's al.so great for free writing, another form of meditation. The part that a lot of people. Don't emphasize. Is going back and reading what you wrote periodically. It helps put your thoughts down and is very helpful in making tough decisions.