Spirituality Thread - OBEs, lucid dreams, meditation, chakras etc

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
First off, I clarified that metaphysics is a neutered version of much older belief systems, some that been here since the beginning of time.

Second, metaphysics was started by Socrates.

Breh, if Socrates learned the principles of metaphysics from Egypt then how was metaphysics started by Socrates? :jbhmm:

Soon

Banned
Daps
Breh, if Socrates learned the principles of metaphysics from Egypt then how was metaphysics started by Socrates? :jbhmm:

Who started metaphysics?

Its one thing to say Mohammad started Islam, its another to say he started the concept of God.

The term and ideology i.e. the philosophy called metaphysics is attributed to Socrates.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I'm turning into a hippie :lupe:
Yay! :thumbsup:

Most people are becoming more intune or more aware. It's the Age of Aquarius. Before we were in the Age of Capricorn which was all about work, work, work, and more practical solid, physical aspects. Aquarius is about humanitarianism, rebellion and technology.

Prynce

Daps

Most people are becoming more intune or more aware. It's the Age of Aquarius. Before we were in the Age of Capricorn which was all about work, work, work, and more practical solid, physical aspects. Aquarius is about humanitarianism, rebellion and technology.
Teach me more :lupe:

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
someone help me with meditation pls
I can never clear my thoughts and I immediately get the urge to do something pleasurable :(
Mindfulness meditation is just allowing your thoughts to flow and be acknowledged. When you are busy and distract yourself all day with TV, Internet, games and phone, then your thoughts become backed up, your mind gets cloudy or overwhelmed.

Meditation is taking quiet time to yourself, you put yourself in the observation state. You become the observer of your thoughts. Like logs flowing down a river, or a message on a marquee, just watch them go by without judgement, try not to follow the thought off the deep end, but stay in the present.

If you feel your mind wandering, focus on your breath, feel the flow of air on your nostrils or your lip, feel your lungs expand. Try not to control it, just observe.

It's all about releasing and relaxing. Literally going with the flow of life. Staying in the present moment.
When you focus on the past, your regrets, you become depressed. When you focus on the future, you become anxious. Don't worry about what's supposed to happen, focus on what is.

You can eventually practice meditation throughout your day, feeling how your body adjusts, how yor weight shifts from one leg to the other as you are walking. Feeling your heart beat.

Get out of your mind and into your senses. That's why yoga is a great companion activity to meditation. Yoga is about knowing your body, creating space in your body and maintaining an even breath.

The goal is allowing. Not resisting. Just like exercise, the first time you work out when you are out of shape will be hard, you will not be able to do ass much as someone in shape. So urges and thoughts will come up more. That is normal. Do not resist or chastise yourself. Just allow the thoughts and urges sd to pass without judgement.

With more practice your thoughts will become more spaced out, eventually the space between thoughts will get longer and longer.

yo moms

drunk
Daps

im an aquarius :wow: i hate work. im hate authority figures and being tied down in one place for hours like work and school. im not a humanitarium tho.

yo moms

drunk
Daps
The goal is allowing. Not resisting. Just like exercise, the first time you work out when you are out of shape will be hard, you will not be able to do ass much as someone in shape. So urges and thoughts will come up more. That is normal. Do not resist or chastise yourself. Just allow the thoughts and urges sd to pass without judgement.

With more practice your thoughts will become more spaced out, eventually the space between thoughts will get longer and longer.

that bliss when your mind is completely silent. :ahh:

ihavent been there for a while tho :mjcry: my mind is working triple overtime with all the shyt going on in my life. i need to get back to meditating.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
Mindfulness meditation is just allowing your thoughts to flow and be acknowledged. When you are busy and distract yourself all day with TV, Internet, games and phone, then your thoughts become backed up, your mind gets cloudy or overwhelmed.

Meditation is taking quiet time to yourself, you put yourself in the observation state. You become the observer of your thoughts. Like logs flowing down a river, or a message on a marquee, just watch them go by without judgement, try not to follow the thought off the deep end, but stay in the present.

If you feel your mind wandering, focus on your breath, feel the flow of air on your nostrils or your lip, feel your lungs expand. Try not to control it, just observe.

It's all about releasing and relaxing. Literally going with the flow of life. Staying in the present moment.
When you focus on the past, your regrets, you become depressed. When you focus on the future, you become anxious. Don't worry about what's supposed to happen, focus on what is.

You can eventually practice meditation throughout your day, feeling how your body adjusts, how yor weight shifts from one leg to the other as you are walking. Feeling your heart beat.

Get out of your mind and into your senses. That's why yoga is a great companion activity to meditation. Yoga is about knowing your body, creating space in your body and maintaining an even breath.

I remember doing Vinyasa Yoga and a Christian acquaintance telling me that it is used to praise the Devil by Indians. Its interesting how Christianity calls other religions bad yet I rarely if ever see non Christians speak badly of Christianity.

Soon

Banned
Daps
I remember doing Vinyasa Yoga and a Christian acquaintance telling me that it is used to praise the Devil by Indians. Its interesting how Christianity calls other religions bad yet I rarely if ever see non Christians speak badly of Christianity.

I have heard non Christians speak badly of Christianity.

I'm pretty much a fundamentalist when it comes to my Christian faith, but I would never judge another belief system, not even Voodoo. To each his own.

The Blood of Christ washing away our sins is a very metaphysical concept, which Christ did not talk about in the first 3 Gospels. And I think Christians run with that, and its probably one religious faith where people know the least amount about their doctrine. This is why they treat their Christian faith and other spiritual systems as superstitions. Most Christians even approach the concept of sin as pure superstition.

I'm reading through this thread to learn more about Eastern religion and mysticism, which I know the least amount about, I'm very knowledgeable on spiritual systems from Voodoo, the Occult, to Black Magic but I'm not very knowledgeable on mysticism.