Spin-off thread: Mandela Effect moments in Hip Hop

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
The Jayo Felony "Trued Up" video is Styles P Aaliyah diss status at this point, people say it's so gutter but everytime I ask for a link cats are like "yeah I had the DVD in my room back in Chicago but it got lost when they tore down Cabrini".

:russ: I seen it.

There was like a car parked on a video set in front of a blank green screen with some crip walking goon and a chick dancing in front of it and that was pretty much the whole vid.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
it's called bytch Ass nikkas by Goon Squad. I had no idea that was a rocafella diss. That's my favorite song on the album/video game. (That and Legends by Boo Yaa Tribe)

"I whack bytch nikkas like Tony Soprano..../ I use bats instead of wasting my ammo muthafukkas :banderas:"

Yea that’s it lol. Wtf who was the last nikka and why was he dissing the roc :dead: nikka went hard tho

Daps
Rakim and Big Daddy Kane’s battle

2pac and Snoop being homies

600_1384144544_a21f86c2a60dda5c76842645d801df98.jpg
:mjlol:

Sinister

Banned
Daps
it's called bytch Ass nikkas by Goon Squad. I had no idea that was a rocafella diss. That's my favorite song on the album/video game. (That and Legends by Boo Yaa Tribe)

"I whack bytch nikkas like Tony Soprano..../ I use bats instead of wasting my ammo muthafukka:banderas:"

Clearly dissed Diplomats by name

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ: I seen it.

There was like a car parked on a video set in front of a blank green screen with some crip walking goon and a chick dancing in front of it and that was pretty much the whole vid.

So ain't no "he was in the middle of Marcy with every single member of Rolling 40's and the type of guns you're only supposed to see in Afghanistan"? :mjgrin:

ddoucette214

Rookie
Daps
I played a lot of NBA Street Vol. 2 and this was one of my favorites:

I look up it several years later after not hearing it and when the chorus comes on there’s no “Boom shocka locka yo here comes the chief rocka”. Thought I was tripping until I found the clean version and it was on there. Still, the clean chorus is way better.

I also thought this was the only version of TLC Unpretty for a long time as the radio station only played this one:

When I finally did hear that acoustic guitar &
version I thought that was a remix and this was the official.

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
There was a rapper that used to appear on mad SMACK dvds back in the day name Beloved. He used to diss 50. I used to fukk with him but I swear there in zero trace of him any where on the internet

CAVEMAN

PyrexPyramid
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans/Bay
Lauryn Hill never actually said white people shouldn't buy her music, and Tommy Hilfiger never actually said that Black people shouldn't buy his clothes. Both completely fake rumors that even to this day people will swear that its real and they heard it with their own ears or saw the video. Never existed. I never really cared to look it up to verify if it was actually real or fake til this thread

How a Racist Smear Campaign Derailed Lauryn Hill’s Career
"An apocryphal quote from 1996—in which it was asserted that Hill once said she’d rather her children starve than have white people buy her albums—has lingered in many corners. Hill addressed that controversy around the time of Miseducation:

“A couple of years ago some kid had heard that I’d said that I didn’t want white people to buy my records, and that really, really hurt me a great deal because I like to think my music is really universal,” she told MTV in 1998. “And I’ve been everywhere and I have fans everywhere, but because of some rumor that, you know—some radio personality chose to say on his radio show, he had a bunch of people believing something that they’d never seen or never heard themselves but just heard a rumor.”

It was the first in a parade of controversies that changed public perception about one of the most beloved stars of her generation. For the better part of the next two decades, Hill’s image has taken hits from virtually every angle.

but we may never know if Lil Kim actually got her stomach pumped or nah

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Which mixtape is the version of LA, LA with P's verse on? I've only ever "heard" it once...but why has it not resurfaced in the 24 years since?

Sony deleted that shyt off the face of the earth. Your only bet now is the live nikka rap track. I think Prodigy said he didn’t even have it and he kept everything.

Last edited: