Spin-off thread: Mandela Effect moments in Hip Hop

Sinister

Banned
Daps
I could have sworn there was a different original version of Jim Jones "around my way" where the cadence was different

I been searching for like 12 years and still haven't found it

I’m guessing neither of these are it?

I only heard the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Jim Jones albums (and the byrdgang album)

Never heard either of these.

Surprised me that anyone sampled "everything she does is magic" knowing the way Sting is with the samples.

The older one is more in tune with the sample

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
i was watching the snoop vs x battle and its just hit me

alotta people thought Bow Wow said "i wanna be a muthafukkin gangsta" on that Doggystyle skit

everybody quoted it as that in the comments...everybody tweeted it....i said it as Bow was saying it.. i swear I remember it being Gangsta

but Bow Wow said hustler :mjlol:
This is a great one. I always thought he said "Gangster" too. As many times as I listened to Doggystyle and the skit HA!

OGBIGBOY187

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cam's Range Rover
the pic:
ZiNou4k.jpg

Footage from that night, The Tunnel August 18 1998:

just play yo part:wow:

swerve

All Star
Daps
Not really the thread premise but searching for Xhibit on Kazaa and Napster and finding the dopest blends with DMX, pac and snoop :wow:

remember one blend with dmx and the next episode beat

ddoucette214

Rookie
Daps
For the longest time I thought DMX was on Bia Bia. I had copped it from Ares(p2p) way back in the day. Anytime i would see the video or hear the song I would be like where the X verse?:why:

Still to this day I cant find that version of it on the internet anywhere

Probably a blend somebody made? Dang I wish we could get a hold of those somehow. You know somebody saved all the songs from those p2p days

Sinister

Banned
Daps
I distinctly remember an ecstatic Ja Rule on one of those documentary type shows praising Eminem.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Lol I remember those struggles. Finally download 50 cent in da club after like 5 hours and some random dude starts rapping :martin:

Or it’s just a the hook looped the entire time. I remember downloading a Nappy Roots song and for 3 whole minutes it was just “War! Peace! c'mon Nappy!! Love! lust! now say it, Roots!!!”:laff:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Before 50 dropped piggybank...

When Nas dissed 50 Cent in central park, it was in response to a diss that 50 and Lloyd Banks had towards him on a mixtape type track, but I swear it's like it never happened and the central park Nas came first. Like everyone remembers it as NaS starting the beef instead of the other way around. But i distinctly remember reading that lloyd banks and 50 dissed first or something to that effect.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Probably a blend somebody made? Dang I wish we could get a hold of those somehow. You know somebody saved all the songs from those p2p days

i remember downloading mo money mo problems feat. luda, will smith, eminem, biggie, nas, and some other people....it stood out cause the blender or whoever chose Will Smith's Wild Wild West verse....shyt sounded off and weird as fukk

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
A song on the video game “true crimes” with some dudes dissing Jay-Z and roc a fella. The was “I can’t fukk with no bytch as nikkaz”

i remember I few lyrics “only nikkaz from the roc that I fukks with is bleek, freeway and beans, fukk the rest of they team”
it's called bytch Ass nikkas by Goon Squad. I had no idea that was a rocafella diss. That's my favorite song on the album/video game. (That and Legends by Boo Yaa Tribe)

"I whack bytch nikkas like Tony Soprano..../ I use bats instead of wasting my ammo muthafukka:banderas:"

Last edited: