Spin-off thread: Mandela Effect moments in Hip Hop

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother
All the mislabeled Napster/Kazaa/Ares/Limewire/Morpheus/Bearshare songs, blends we thought were real songs , actual rare songs etc. that we still can’t find to this day
if i had more time and resources, i would dedicate a youtube channel and upload all the random blends and rare songs from that era but most of them are lost and forgotten by now :mjcry:but the internet platinum ones are probably on youtube

i was just on limewire and late stage napster before it shut down, i didn't look into morpheus, ares, bearshare because i thought everyone congregated on limewire but those other ones apparently has rare stuff that didn't make it to limewire as well

I could've sworn Jay-Z had 4 verses on "Who You Wit". Just to find out, it's just two versions of the same song, with different third verses.
someone could have merged the 2 versions together into a 4 verse song

Before 50 dropped piggybank...

When Nas dissed 50 Cent in central park, it was in response to a diss that 50 and Lloyd Banks had towards him on a mixtape type track, but I swear it's like it never happened and the central park Nas came first. Like everyone remembers it as NaS starting the beef instead of the other way around. But i distinctly remember reading that lloyd banks and 50 dissed first or something to that effect.
yeah people were talking about that here

Not really the thread premise but searching for Xhibit on Kazaa and Napster and finding the dopest blends with DMX, pac and snoop :wow:

remember one blend with dmx and the next episode beat
i think i may have that DMX on the next episode beat...it damn near has everybody on the same song

i want some DJ to play this shyt at a party and have half the audience trip on some mandela effect and the other half getting deja vu about limewire days

is this possible for a reup? i missed this
here you go

Last edited:

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
The biggest one ever is that after the Chronic was released, it took 2 years for the east coast music to start selling again and Biggie brought the east coast back. The biggest lie ever. Being that after the Chronic and BEFORE Ready to Die, all of these East coast albums were released

19 naughty 3 (patinum)
Bacdafucup (platinum)
very necessary (multi platinum)
Down with the king(gold by a perceived to be "washed up group")
Midnight Mauraders (platinum)
Enter the 36 chambers (platinum eventually, but gold at the time).

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Back when I was getting more serious with buying CDs, one album I remember buying was Biggie's Life After Death, I must've been 11 or 12 or something like that (so like 4ish years after the album had dropped) and I swear I thought I had heard some of the songs like Hypnotize without Puffy's adlibs, and thought I had accidentally copped some weird Puffy remix version of LAD, I was pissed off for a couple of days, lol

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I could have sworn there was a different original version of Jim Jones "around my way" where the cadence was different

I been searching for like 12 years and still haven't found it
There is. I used to have it on cd. It was on my best of dipset mix. Man this aint arou d no more. fukkkk.

I doubt i still have it but ill keep a look out since you said someyjing

Altho i may be thinking of alt sample or singer. There was def a song on there i had as an of version i cant find anymore

Last edited:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
damn this been a grail? :mindblown:

that Queens privilege never stops :damn:

this the only version i been listenin to for 30 yrs :mindblown:

i even posted it multiple times on SOHH/here
It disappeared for a long time. For me, I no longer had the Clue tape it was on, or the white label. The one with the original beat I still have, but not including P's verse.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
I used to see the Crossroads video and think for the longest Eazy was the 5th member of Bone Thugs and got killed in the streets (I was only 5 at the time). Had no clue who Flesh was because he wasn’t in that video and was locked up for years after. Knew of Dre (Keep Ya Head Ringing, California Love) and Cube (Friday) separately but no clue of the history of NWA annd they were all in a group together.

It probably wasn’t until about 99 that I understood the NWA/Dre & Snoop/Cube/Bone connections and whatnot.

H. Selassie

Black Royalty
Daps
Maybe because he was in the video but could’ve sworn for the longest Method Man was doing the hook on “Whateva Man.”

I vividly remember Kobe’s “Thug Poet” freestyle over Who Shot Ya (used to use it to troll my homies who were Kobe stans). Had NO IDEA for years 50 Cent was on it (…maybe because I would just play Kobe’s verse to talk shyt then turn it off).

Daps
There some detox joints i heard back in the day I can’t find now
One with em in a wild Wild West type beat
The other had a cold ass beat with an easy e verse I think

I vividly remember having em on a burnt cd in like 2003

Now I can’t find these fukkin songs like they didn’t exist

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
This a spin off of @Sinister retconned thread

For those who don't know the Mandela Effect, it's when people remember something a completely different way than it actually was/or happened. It comes from Nelson Mandela because people remember him dying in the 1980s in prison. Which obviously was wrong, but a lot of people remember hearing he died.

A well known example is a lot of people use is "Berenstain Bears". A lot of people have a false memory of it being spelled "BerenSTEIN Bears".

Give examples in Hip Hop/R&B where you have a false memory of something.
Because that’s what it was :hmm: