Spin-off thread: Mandela Effect moments in Hip Hop

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know if this happened to anyone else, but I love the intro to Many Men by 50 so much that I must’ve convinced myself that it was the hook. So when I revisited the album months after it came out when the hook comes on for the second time, I’m here ready to sing along (“Many Men wish death upon meeee, blood in eye dog and I can’t seeee :blessed:”), but it just goes to the actual hook :ohhh::snoop:

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Now that I’m trying to think of something, I can’t, but as soon as I’m normally going throughout the day, I know something will pop in my head :mjlol:

i could've sworn I saw an alternate version of the fatty girl video before

You’re actually correct. I don’t know if it was an alternate version of just a more edited version, cause I remember one where Karrine Stephens pours milk on herself and one without it. There’s some other subtle differences in the video but I couldn’t tell you what it is

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
is this jayo felony dissing jayz in front of marcy?

i have not truly followd jayo like that

It was a 2001 commercial for Jimmy Henchman's "Bulletproof Love" compliation that featured "Trued Up."

71e11GiojJL._SS500_.jpg

In the commercial, Jayo is standing in front of the Marcy Projects sign and says "you can go anywhere if you got bulletproof love" with Trued Up playing in the background.

It aired a few times during Rap City & 106 & Park. have it on VHS. Seriously, just gotta go thru all these tapes. This reminds me to upload more footage.

i could've sworn I saw an alternate version of the fatty girl video before

You’re actually correct. I don’t know if it was an alternate version of just a more edited version, cause I remember one where Karrine Stephens pours milk on herself and one without it. There’s some other subtle differences in the video but I couldn’t tell you what it is

Yep it aired on BET Uncut

OGBIGBOY187

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cam's Range Rover
For the longest time I thought DMX was on Bia Bia. I had copped it from Ares(p2p) way back in the day. Anytime i would see the video or hear the song I would be like where the X verse?:why:

Still to this day I cant find that version of it on the internet anywhere

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Got a minor one.

There was a white rapper (think he was Irish) down with Benzino....dude was trash but the beat was nice as fukk. At least as far as I remember. But I haven't been able to find it or figure out who he is. Starting to think I imagined it. Would've been 10+ years ago.

Fred.

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
All the mislabeled Napster/Kazaa/Ares/Limewire/Morpheus/Bearshare songs, blends we thought were real songs , actual rare songs etc. that we still can’t find to this day :mjgrin:

I found Wiz Khalifa on limewire way back looking for a different song. I think dude was uploading his own music there at that point:pachaha:

Last edited:

dook

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That "Thug Love" bootleg remix with Destiny's Child, 50 and Em that used to circulate Napster had a lot of people thinking that 50 and Em had collaborated before the deal

I think they had met at a show or event prior to 50 being shot (I've seen an old picture floating around), but they didn't have any real business or musical connection at the time

the pic:
ZiNou4k.jpg

Footage from that night, The Tunnel August 18 1998:

Last edited:

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Hearing from DMX in a radio interview in the UK that was supposed to be in the 4th Crow film as the main character (This time being a dead rapstar brough to life instead of rock star) and then reading online that Eminem was supposed to play the villian in the same movie. This was like 2000

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
i was watching the snoop vs x battle and its just hit me

alotta people thought Bow Wow said "i wanna be a muthafukkin gangsta" on that Doggystyle skit

everybody quoted it as that in the comments...everybody tweeted it....i said it as Bow was saying it.. i swear I remember it being Gangsta

but Bow Wow said hustler :mjlol:

Last edited: