Spin-off thread: Mandela Effect moments in Hip Hop

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I was listening to Jigga on Spotify recently and noticed the hyphen was back :ohhh:

i was thinking him removing the hyphen was the mandela effect :pachaha:
The thing I feel people forget it Jay used to have the diaeresis over the Y in his name. But people either don't know or forgot

Reasonable Doubt Album cover used to look like this
Reasonable_Doubt_New.jpg

But they changed it to this

41EFH96D7KL.jpg

Sinister

Banned
Daps
The thing I feel people forget it Jay used to have the diaeresis over the Y in his name. But people either don't know or forgot

Reasonable_Doubt_New.jpg

41EFH96D7KL.jpg
I've never seen a copy of the original pressing of Reasonable Doubt without the Can I live 2 bonus track with Bleek on it.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga

Reasonable_Doubt_New.jpg

41EFH96D7KL.jpg
i got into jigga around vol 1 and i remember seeing Reasonable Doubt in stores right after the rerelease and seeing the og cover and being surprised he didnt use that anymore

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I've never seen a copy of the original pressing of Reasonable Doubt without the Can I live 2 bonus track with Bleek on it.
Those are hard to come by. There's an original version of RD with 3 other songs, that either went under a name change or were scrapped/never dropped. I remember Clark Kent talking about another one titled 95 South or some shyt

jayz-reasonable-doubt200114.jpg

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I can't even find the original anymore
Yeah I don't like when nikkas in here act like you can't lose music CDs tapes or files over the years.
Boils my blood for some reason.

Like I know some people are really good at being "collectors" but if your of a certain age or lifestyle you move around and lose shyt sometimes.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Prominence of those of Caribbean or Latino descent in Hip Hop.

To me it is facinating when I find out or remember Rappers or Hip Hop figures of foreign descent.

It seems like it is easy to forget black Americans are diverse in that way.

Like when you listen to Biggie's Jamaican mother accent and realize he is a 2nd Gen Caribbean immigrant.
Or Boot camp cluck members are of Jamaican descent.
Also a note on how intertwined separate blaxk American ethnicities can be with each other.
Like a shared culture and a separate culture at the same time.

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
I could've sworn there was a full music video for How to Rob (Not that little snippet floating around Youtube. I mean a full decent budget video). I remember when 50 came out back then, I was a big fan. I was actually a bigger 50 Cent fan in the late 90s than I was when he made the resurgence with Aftermath. And I could've sworn I saw the video before, but I'm probably mistaken it for another video he had earlier on like Rowdy Rowdy or something.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I have a false memory of a rap group containing 3 Puerto Rican members, 2 guys and 1 female. They were in heavy rotation on BET. But after trying to find them online, nothin comes up. I don't think this group ever existed anymore, it might've been all in my mind.

one life to live? that was 2 guys 1 girl

dont kno they ethnicities but felt like you was talkn bout them

HOLY shyt!!!!!! WOW!!! I can't believe it. I really just gave up and assumed I made it up. Thank you.

Edit: They was nice.

I remember this :russ:

Definitely wasn't expecting 1 Life 2 Live references this morning :heh:

Keep Movin' ft. Timbaland
https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/ScBldMJU/file.html

Can't Nobody ft. Timbaland
https://www4.zippyshare.com/v/8xS71ESx/file.html

What Cha Know About This (Babe Blue) ft. Mocha & Timbaland
https://www109.zippyshare.com/v/nATi4qAB/file.html

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

That's the snippet I was referring to that's floating around Youtube. That's not the video I have in mind. I'm pretty sure there's no real full video that ever came out, and I'm confusing it with one of 50's older videos.