Spin-off thread: Mandela Effect moments in Hip Hop

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Jayo Felony "Trued Up" video is Styles P Aaliyah diss status at this point, people say it's so gutter but everytime I ask for a link cats are like "yeah I had the DVD in my room back in Chicago but it got lost when they tore down Cabrini".

Sinister

Banned
Daps
The Jayo Felony "Trued Up" video is Styles P Aaliyah diss at this point, people say it's so gutter but everytime I ask for a link cats are like "yeah I had the DVD in my room back in Chicago but it got lost when they tore down Cabrini".
I can't even find the original anymore

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
The Jayo Felony "Trued Up" video is Styles P Aaliyah diss at this point, people say it's so gutter but everytime I ask for a link cats are like "yeah I had the DVD in my room back in Chicago but it got lost when they tore down Cabrini".

is this jayo felony dissing jayz in front of marcy?

i have not truly followd jayo like that

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I think Nas hopping on the Cuban Linx bandwagon with the Mafioso stuff is partially Madnela effect considering he first dubbed himself Escobar on Eye For an Eye in '94, before Cuban Linx was even out! He's even credited as Escobar on OB4CL's packaging. So if anything he was already heading that direction and it was the glossy production that was the major departure.

ddoucette214

Rookie
Daps
I thought Blame it on the Alcohol was a T Pain solo song. Imagine my surprise when I found out it was Jamie Foxx the majority of the song lol.

I heard the 50 Cent/Nas/Bravehearts song Who U Rep Wit after 50 Cent blew up. And I was convinced it was not him on the song. reason - I had it in low quality and he sounded different before being shot. In hindsight he didn’t sound THAT different.

The Verzuz battle made me think of this one - That Snoop and DMX had a big song together around late 90s early 2000s

Nas wrote getting jiggy with it (hes credited for Just cruisin).

Eminem officially retired in 2005.

G-Unit stood for Gangsta Unit.

Tupac’s height: I feel like I’ve heard people say he was short and others say surprisingly tall.

Eazy E and Charles Wright (he and his band made the song Express Yourself) are related/not related.

Kendrick Lamars Nation album?

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I think Nas hopping on the Cuban Linx bandwagon with the Mafioso stuff is partially Madnela effect considering he first dubbed himself Escobar on Eye For an Eye in '94, before Cuban Linx was even out! He's even credited as Escobar on OB4CL's packaging. So if anything he was already heading that direction and it was the glossy production that was the major departure.
Looking back hip hop as a whole was moving in that direction. But it’s funny when people on here talk about the mafioso shyt like it was a long era. Really the shyt only lasted like 3 years. Cube calling himself the Don Mega was the nail in the coffin
:heh:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Obviously the whole Styles P urban legend

People thinking fukk them other nikkas is a C Murder song

People thinking Spider Loc was a Game replacement when he was on G unit with Game at the same time

Jay z getting rid of the hypen and nobody noticing
I was listening to Jigga on Spotify recently and noticed the hyphen was back :ohhh:

i was thinking him removing the hyphen was the mandela effect :pachaha: