Spin-off thread: Mandela Effect moments in Hip Hop

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Most of us on here know better, but I met a lot of people who thought Redman was in Wu Tang
This is good, thanks for reminding me. You can also add ones you've seen other people say over the years that is wrong/never happened.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I could've sworn there was a full music video for How to Rob (Not that little snippet floating around Youtube. I mean a full decent budget video). I remember when 50 came out back then, I was a big fan. I was actually a bigger 50 Cent fan in the late 90s than I was when he made the resurgence with Aftermath. And I could've sworn I saw the video before, but I'm probably mistaken it for another video he had earlier on like Rowdy Rowdy or something.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That "Thug Love" bootleg remix with Destiny's Child, 50 and Em that used to circulate Napster had a lot of people thinking that 50 and Em had collaborated before the deal

I think they had met at a show or event prior to 50 being shot (I've seen an old picture floating around), but they didn't have any real business or musical connection at the time

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
I have a false memory of a rap group containing 3 Puerto Rican members, 2 guys and 1 female. They were in heavy rotation on BET. But after trying to find them online, nothin comes up. I don't think this group ever existed anymore, it might've been all in my mind.

one life to live? that was 2 guys 1 girl

dont kno they ethnicities but felt like you was talkn bout them

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
As a youngin' ignorant of shyt around me I thought Biggie died in like...2001 at first :russ:

Cuz living in a household of Brooklyn born and raised folks I heard Biggie songs all the time. Then in '01 I remember hearing someone saying "Biggie rest in peace" and I was like ":damn: NOOOOOOO!"

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
one life to live? that was 2 guys 1 girl

dont kno they ethnicities but felt like you was talkn bout them

HOLY shyt!!!!!! WOW!!! I can't believe it. I really just gave up and assumed I made it up. Thank you.

Edit: They was nice.

Last edited:

Sinister

Banned
Daps
That "Thug Love" bootleg remix with Destiny's Child, 50 and Em that used to circulate Napster had a lot of people thinking that 50 and Em had collaborated before the deal

I think they had met at a show or event prior to 50 being shot (I've seen an old picture floating around), but they didn't have any real business or musical connection at the time
Erick Sermon is on it too