SpiderMan WILL be in Infiinty War (spoilers via Latino Review)

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
There's no way Sony will ever give up Spider-Man, no matter HOW shytty a movie ends up being.

:patrice:

I agree with you in principle, but if it's not generating a billion dollar box office - especially given how popular the character is - how many more lukewarm reviews will it take before the bosses in Japan tell them to find a permanent fix?

It's a business at the end of the day - if the numbers look better collaborating with Disney, they'll go that way for sure.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I can honestly say that I don't recall Latino Review ever being right about one of their big exclusive rumors.
Didn't they report that Bryan Cranston was going to be Lex Luthor in the Batman v Superman movie?

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
:patrice:

I agree with you in principle, but if it's not generating a billion dollar box office - especially given how popular the character is - how many more lukewarm reviews will it take before the bosses in Japan tell them to find a permanent fix?

It's a business at the end of the day - if the numbers look better collaborating with Disney, they'll go that way for sure.
What the heck are you talking about?:what:

Sony is still making hand over fist in money with Spiderman:what:

Amazing Spiderman 2 made over 700 million dollars....again.....Seven hundred million dollars.

So in your world, there is some exec at sony saying "Dang, since we werent one of the few movies in cinema history to make over a billion dollars and we've been getting some luke warm reviews....we better cut our loses and sell spiderman back to disney.":russ::russ:

Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Amazing Spiderman 2 made over 700 million dollars....again.....Seven hundred million dollars.

So in your world, there is some exec at sony saying "Dang, since we werent one of the few movies in cinema history to make over a billion dollars and we've been getting some luke warm reviews....we better cut our loses and sell spiderman back to disney.":russ::russ:

It underperformed for them as far as what they estimated but it still made money. What they're looking at though is the total grosses going down for each film. Spider-Man 3 is still the highest earner of the 5 (and still the worst) and they keep pumping more money in and getting less in return which is an issue and means a couple things: Invest less to get more return, make what the public deems a better movie, or some third option I can't think of at the moment. Clearly they're trying to figure out what to do because it made less domestically than any film in the franchise and those emails point out a lack of direction

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
It underperformed for them as far as what they estimated but it still made money. What they're looking at though is the total grosses going down for each film. Spider-Man 3 is still the highest earner of the 5 (and still the worst) and they keep pumping more money in and getting less in return which is an issue and means a couple things: Invest less to get more return, make what the public deems a better movie, or some third option I can't think of at the moment. Clearly they're trying to figure out what to do because it made less domestically than any film in the franchise and those emails point out a lack of direction
They can look at whatever they want.

Its still ridiculous to think that Sony would sell Spiderman back to Marvel at this point.

They can look at AS2 making less than the others....but at the end of the day, it still probably netted around 200 - 300+ million for them. And that is a HUGE win for any studio

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They can look at whatever they want.

Its still ridiculous to think that Sony would sell Spiderman back to Marvel at this point.

They can look at AS2 making less than the others....but at the end of the day, it still probably netted around 200 - 300+ million for them. And that is a HUGE win for any studio

:ehh: yeah your logic is solid breh, I'm not arguing with it. To me, all this goes away by just making a movie that the majority agree is good. That means simplifying what you're doing and focusing on your main character and not trying to start your own universe

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Dead in the ground, you say? :sas1:

Too bad there's not a gem somewhere out there that could fix that :sas2:

That's true, but ending the Captain America franchise with him in the ground just sounds terrible, especially if they do it again in one of the Infinity War films. I'm not seeing any sort payoff in the Captain America franchise with that route.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps

Step your reading game up - where exactly did I say that they would sell Spider-Man back to Marvel?

I wrote 'collaborating'. If Captain America and Guardians of The Galaxy made a billion you don't think Sony are trying to find out where they can get another $300 million.

But - nah - you're right :rudy:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Step your reading game up - where exactly did I say that they would sell Spider-Man back to Marvel?

I wrote 'collaborating'. If Captain America and Guardians of The Galaxy made a billion you don't think Sony are trying to find out where they can get another $300 million.

But - nah - you're right :rudy:
niethier captain america nor gotg made a billion though.

They made a comparbale amount to asm 2 and asm. In fact asm 1 and 2 made more money then more than half of marvels films