Spiderman TAS 1994 might be the best animated series of all time

PopOnCloud9

All Star
Daps
Batman the animated series was GOAT, but dont sleep on Spiderman. Right now as long as Disney doesn't fukk around and mess it up, Ultimate Spiderman could be something epic.

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Batman TAS was the best. It was the most consistent, had a good blend of action, teaching life lessons, and just setting up the foundation for the whole DCAU. I do think that Spider-man (1994) and X-Men had the best story lines / team-ups though.

(Off the top of my head)

Spider-man:
Secret Wars
Black Suit/Venom
6 forgotten Warriors
Spider-mans from Parallel universes
X-men Crossover
Iron-Man/War Machine episode with Carnage
Blade /Punisher
Dr. Strange

X-Men:
Shiar / Pheonix
Phalanx
Apocalypse Psychics
Age of Apocalypse
The green alien monster in the Subway
Asteriod M
Days of Future Past
The Savage Land
Weapon X team

I'm probably missing some but :wow:

They rarely get mentioned, but 1994 Fantastic Four and Iron-Man were decent too. Especially during their second seasons.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was never as into any of the Marvel cartoons because of the shytty,overly melodramatic voice acting. My top 3 would be Batman, Justice League and Gargoyles.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
IMO Gargoyles is the greatest cartoon ever. It combined the best elements of Batman (voice acting, gothic feel, quality animation, great episodes) and upped it up a notch with complex villains, complex storytelling and blood and violence. If you don't believe Gargoyles > Batman, watch City of Stone I-IV. It was very mature.

Other great cartoons to me were Dungeons & Dragons, Duck Tales, Darkwing, Animaniacs, Looney Toons, JLU, Rugrats, Scooby-Doo, Tale Spin (that Disney block was serious), Muppet Babies, The Tick...a few more. They all are timeless and have entertainment for all ages.

X-Men and Spider-Man has the same flaws, bad animation, cartoony acting, some dumb a$$ episodes. Spider-Man has some good qualities though; it gave a physical embodiment of Jameson, it had great storylines (Six Forgotten Warriors; Neogenic Nightmare, Secret Wars, Sinister Six), it had a great voice for Peter's inner monologue...at no point did you think Peter wouldn't think like that...AND most importantly, it showed the MU as a whole with F4, Blade, Punisher, Captain America, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, X-Men, Iron Man, War Machine, Stan Lee...

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was never as into any of the Marvel cartoons because of the shytty,overly melodramatic voice acting. My top 3 would be Batman, Justice League and Gargoyles.

I thought I was the only person who noticed this shyt....

The voice actors doing the work are actually some of the best in the business but their work on those marvel shows was SO over the top. Like I said in an earlier post I blame the directors.

IMO Gargoyles is the greatest cartoon ever. It combined the best elements of Batman (voice acting, gothic feel, quality animation, great episodes) and upped it up a notch with complex villains, complex storytelling and blood and violence. If you don't believe Gargoyles > Batman, watch City of Stone I-IV. It was very mature.

Other great cartoons to me were Dungeons & Dragons, Duck Tales, Darkwing, Animaniacs, Looney Toons, JLU, Rugrats, Scooby-Doo, Tale Spin (that Disney block was serious), Muppet Babies, The Tick...a few more. They all are timeless and have entertainment for all ages.

X-Men and Spider-Man has the same flaws, bad animation, cartoony acting, some dumb a$$ episodes. Spider-Man has some good qualities though; it gave a physical embodiment of Jameson, it had great storylines (Six Forgotten Warriors; Neogenic Nightmare, Secret Wars, Sinister Six), it had a great voice for Peter's inner monologue...at no point did you think Peter wouldn't think like that...AND most importantly, it showed the MU as a whole with F4, Blade, Punisher, Captain America, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, X-Men, Iron Man, War Machine, Stan Lee...

A lot of the stuff you're praising Gargoyles for was also present in B:TAS. B:TAS was much more episodic in nature and lacked some of the Violence Gargoyles had. There were episodes of B:TAS that were far more dark and mature than what Gargoyles was doing though.

I got Gargoyles as #2 behind the entire Timm-verse.

Oh and one thing that Spider-Man and the Marvel stuff never get credit for is that they had a shared Universe well before the expansion of the Timm-verse. Iron Man, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Spider-Man nd Incredible Hulk all took place in the same Universe.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

The voice actors doing the work are actually some of the best in the business but their work on those marvel shows was SO over the top. Like I said in an earlier post I blame the directors.

A lot of the stuff you're praising Gargoyles for was also present in B:TAS. B:TAS was much more episodic in nature and lacked some of the Violence Gargoyles had. There were episodes of B:TAS that were far more dark and mature than what Gargoyles was doing though.

Oh and one thing that Spider-Man and the Marvel stuff never get credit for is that they had a shared Universe well before the expansion of the Timm-verse. Iron Man, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Spider-Man nd Incredible Hulk all took place in the same Universe.

I don't think so. Gargoyles had much more complex characters, because you really got to see things from their perspective over multiple episodes. That's what made Gargoyles better to me; everything gets revisited and everyone has a story. Batman didn't really do that, partly because a lot of the characters were already established. I just give it an edge over Batman.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I used to get so annoyed with X-Men because it seemed like every episode had Cyclops or Wolverine shouting "Jean!" like Brando in Streetcar Named Desire. It had some of the worst voice acting ever. That second Fantastic Four series was better than X-Men and all the Marvel stuff paled in comparison to the DC Timmverse shows. I would even rank the Disney adventure shows like Darkwing Duck and Rescue Rangers over the Marvel shows.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I still fukk with 90's Spider-Man: TAS. It's 1 of my favorite Superhero shows of all-time. But, I see the flaws when I compare it to the DCAU/Timmverse shows.

I grew up watching The Disney Afternoon block as a kid in the 90's, but I always ignored Gargoyles because it was so different from the rest of the other Disney Afternoon shows. It wasn't till I was a young adult, I finally sat down & watched the entire series. It was good. It's a damn shame Disney still hasn't released all of Gargoyles & 90's Spider-Man on DVD yet.