Spiderman TAS 1994 might be the best animated series of all time

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka want realism in a cartoon based on a comic book :usure:

It's not about realism it's about consistency and internal logic.

Batman the Animated series is a cartoon based on a comic book too but Batman Punched people and they had real guns in that.

Hell even in X-Men the animated series they had characters throwing punches.

They just made some dumb ass decisions with that show, and that goes beyond the censorship too. Most cartoons use the same animations over and over to save money but Spider-man blatant as fukk about it. Two charactes would be inside talking but the reaction shots for one character would be outside.

The Collie

YEET
Daps
It was killin but you know Batman TAS is up there. Now me personally, Justice League Unlimited is better. Although its not fair to compare the two.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Ultimate Spider-Man on Netflix > Spectacular Spider-Man. :yes:
DAEVZ.gif

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka, get ALL the way the fukk outta here.

Spider-Man TAS will always have a special place in my heart because I grew up on it, but without the nostalgia factor that show is :trash:

It's boring, it's poorly paced, the animation is terrible, and the censors neutered it so bad that Spider-Man couldn't even punch anybody, and when he landed on buildings, they had to make sure he didn't hurt any pigeons. :stopitslime:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Batman tas is easily the best of the 90s cartoons with xmen coming in number 2. I'd pick gargoyles as the 3rd best one. I would only watch spiderman if I was bored.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ultimate Spider-Man on Netflix > Spectacular Spider-Man. :yes:

:whoa:

I don't know if I'd go that far, breh. But I do love me some Ultimate Spider-Man. That show is fun. fukk the haters.

I like to look at them as two entirely different shows with different goals. Spectacular is a more "traditional" Spidey cartoon while Ultimate is a modern-day Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Nothing touches Batman TAS...so many classic episodes and quotables. The origin episodes are fukking excellent. Bought Season 3 for $15 a few weeks back and now every season is $33 a piece again. Damn.

But yeah..Spider Man got some good eps..the Kingpin stuff is good...the Black Cat stuff..Venom..the Secret Wars..the Black Spider Man era...the trouble trying to get with Mary Jane.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It's not about realism it's about consistency and internal logic.

Batman the Animated series is a cartoon based on a comic book too but Batman Punched people and they had real guns in that.

Hell even in X-Men the animated series they had characters throwing punches.

They just made some dumb ass decisions with that show, and that goes beyond the censorship too. Most cartoons use the same animations over and over to save money but Spider-man blatant as fukk about it. Two charactes would be inside talking but the reaction shots for one character would be outside.

Batman used to come on at 5pm and shyt..that show could get away with more. You couldnt show Kingpin's origin at 9am with him killing people to rise up the ranks after being a picked on as a fat kid.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
The show was the shyt until they did that whole "this entire time Mary Jane was a clone made out of water" bullshyt. Even as a kid I was like :wtb:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
What people said, Batman TAS is GOAT, and even Gargoyles is better than Spiderman TAS.