Spiderman TAS 1994 might be the best animated series of all time

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I used to get so annoyed with X-Men because it seemed like every episode had Cyclops or Wolverine shouting "Jean!" like Brando in Streetcar Named Desire. It had some of the worst voice acting ever. That second Fantastic Four series was better than X-Men and all the Marvel stuff paled in comparison to the DC Timmverse shows. I would even rank the Disney adventure shows like Darkwing Duck and Rescue Rangers over the Marvel shows.

What made the shyt even worse was that they'd recycle certain lines, especially when they'd be screaming in pain, Storm, Rogue, and Xavier had a scream that was exactly the same no matter the circumstances.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dudes actually saying darkwingduck n shyt is better than xmen. xmen was way better than spiderman but still below batman. xmen had some crazy shyt in it for a saturday morni cartoon

Darkwing Duck wasn't better than X-Men, but Ducktales definitely was.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Nah...LOL. shyt is getting out of hand. Gargoyles? Duck Tales? No fukking way. The Wolverine episodes and the good feel shyt was wack but everything else? The Claremont episodes? Nah...that was PIFF. Beyond Good and Evil had everyone hyped. When it looked like the AoA was coming to Fox, everyone was hyped. The Phoenix and Dark Phoenix episodes were 5 episodes a piece and they came on like 7pm or some shyt westcoast time. It was like an event.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I liked X-Men well enough, it stayed as faithful as possible to the source material while not dumbing things down too much and that helped cover up the flaws but I don't get how so many people try to hype it up as the best animated series ever.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Spiderman was an good but not great cartoon, but the best Spiderman Arcs = The Best X-Men arcs. It's just a damn shame the series more or less ended with the Clone Saga because that was really good. All you people complaining about the VA/Animation has to keep in mind DC/Warner had a much larger budget to work with than Marvel did and remember during that Spiderman run, X-Men was still going on, You had Fanstastic 4, Iron Man, and the Hulk all at the same time and I'm sure I'm missing one or two and those shows had 20-25 episode seasons and a shorter timeframe to do all those shows. Sacrifices had to be made, all those cartoons were made in the same studio.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Spiderman was an good but not great cartoon, but the best Spiderman Arcs = The Best X-Men arcs. It's just a damn shame the series more or less ended with the Clone Saga because that was really good. All you people complaining about the VA/Animation has to keep in mind DC/Warner had a much larger budget to work with than Marvel did and remember during that Spiderman run, X-Men was still going on, You had Fanstastic 4, Iron Man, and the Hulk all at the same time and I'm sure I'm missing one or two and those shows had 20-25 episode seasons and a shorter timeframe to do all those shows. Sacrifices had to be made, all those cartoons were made in the same studio.

This!!!!! Most of the 90's Warner Bros. animated series (including Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Batman Beyond, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Pinky & the Brain, Freakazoid, and etc.) had a bigger budget than your average Saturday morning or weekday morning/afternoon cartoon. They even had Steven Spielberg & his film studio "Amblin Entertainment" backing them. That's why they had the best animation, voice-acting, and even live orchestras for the musical scores. It's kind of unfair to compare other animated series from the 90's to them.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
IMO Gargoyles is the greatest cartoon ever. It combined the best elements of Batman (voice acting, gothic feel, quality animation, great episodes) and upped it up a notch with complex villains, complex storytelling and blood and violence. If you don't believe Gargoyles > Batman, watch City of Stone I-IV. It was very mature.

Other great cartoons to me were Dungeons & Dragons, Duck Tales, Darkwing, Animaniacs, Looney Toons, JLU, Rugrats, Scooby-Doo, Tale Spin (that Disney block was serious), Muppet Babies, The Tick...a few more. They all are timeless and have entertainment for all ages.

X-Men and Spider-Man has the same flaws, bad animation, cartoony acting, some dumb a$$ episodes. Spider-Man has some good qualities though; it gave a physical embodiment of Jameson, it had great storylines (Six Forgotten Warriors; Neogenic Nightmare, Secret Wars, Sinister Six), it had a great voice for Peter's inner monologue...at no point did you think Peter wouldn't think like that...AND most importantly, it showed the MU as a whole with F4, Blade, Punisher, Captain America, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, X-Men, Iron Man, War Machine, Stan Lee...

Gargoyles had people getting bodied on the first episode. The "City of Stone" series had a higher body count of the flashbacks and the humans that Demona killed that most movies. :wtf: That is what set it apart from most 90s series, cause it took a path that was never explored. Over time, many of the antagonists eventually become allies, or even friends.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
i want all the gargoyles eps on dvd they stiffed us with just giving us 2 seasons

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Budget has jack shyt to do with the piss poor voice acting in those Marvel cartoons. Especially when you consider that many of the shows had the same voice actors. It was just a case of poor directing by the guys in charge of the Marvel cartoons.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Budget has jack shyt to do with the piss poor voice acting in those Marvel cartoons. Especially when you consider that many of the shows had the same voice actors. It was just a case of poor directing by the guys in charge of the Marvel cartoons.

Budget has everything to do with voice acting b. Do you know how much they paid Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy? They got paid primetime money. Despite the popularity of the comics, Marvel had an extremely thin budget in that time period they were teetering on the border of bankruptcy. All those Warner Bros cartoons were bankrolled very well. Good voice acting cost money. Yea the direction wasn't always great but trust you'd be surprised how much an upper level voice actor gets paid vs. a non-union one.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Budget has everything to do with voice acting b. Do you know how much they paid Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy? They got paid primetime money. Despite the popularity of the comics, Marvel had an extremely thin budget in that time period they were teetering on the border of bankruptcy. All those Warner Bros cartoons were bankrolled very well. Good voice acting cost money. Yea the direction wasn't always great but trust you'd be surprised how much an upper level voice actor gets paid vs. a non-union one.

:aicmon:

What part of many voice actors were doing BOTH shows don't you get?

Mark Hamill
Ed Asner
Richard Moll
Efrim Zimbalist

were doing voices for Batman the Animated series AND Spider-Man.

Even beyond those who worked on both shows just look at the list of talent that worked on that Spider-Man show, it's a lot of accomplished well respected voice actors who worked on that show.

The quality of the voice acting had nothing to do with budget. It was just a shytty voice director.