Spider-Man Coming Home to Marvel Cinematic Universe

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
For those who want to see Miles......Do y'all really wanna see Miles without the death of Peter? Miles is a great character, but his greatness revolves around his ability to stand in Peter shoes and excel, despite him being younger.
Amen. You can't just skip over shyt like this
miles_morales-characters-who-need-a-tv-show.jpeg

Miles_and_Aunt_May.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
For those who want to see Miles......Do y'all really wanna see Miles without the death of Peter? Miles is a great character, but his greatness revolves around his ability to stand in Peter shoes and excel, despite him being younger.

Word. And to just kill Parker off screen or have his death be really quick will rob both characters of something meaningful and would severely under cut Miles

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The relationship between Peter and Gwen in those movies is the thing they got right more than anything else in the movie. Garfield and Emma had great on screen chemistry and their relationship was really believable. That's such an important part of Spidey's story. Where they dropped the ball was having too much other shyt going on and having some goofy ass villains that basically countered all the good work they did with the relationship, and it limited the impact of Gwen's death. Movie should have been more focused imo and they could have had a winner.

Parker/Gwen >> Parker/Mary Jane in the movies

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Maybe I'm in the minority but Marvel getting Spiderman at this point equates to you about the smash a chick that just got a train ran on her :mjpls:

Spiderman's stock is low as hell.
look at it this way it can't go any lower. Hanging out with the cool kids should raise his stock and with Sony having the final say it could very well be a case of Spiderman and friends I mean the avengers

Juven

All Star
Daps
I agree, Peter is Spiderman, but it's no different than Hal Jordan and John Stewart as Green Lantern, or Hank Pym and Scott Lang as Ant Man. A lot of people just use the argument that Miles isn't Spiderman, Peter Parker is. Knowledge of a character or lack there of to the general audience has never been an issue in any of the Marvel franchise so why start and make it an issue now?
Those are c list characters so no one cared. This is like batman being someone other than Bruce wayne, and spiderman is just as big.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yeah it's like if they did a batman movie with Grayson as batman

This one could've worked back when dikk Grayson was still more present in pop culture (Adam West Batman, Batman: TAS, the Schumacher movies). Nolan had to completely shyt on that with his "JGL plays a guy literally called Robin" though. :snoop:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This one could've worked back when dikk Grayson was still more present in pop culture (Adam West Batman, Batman: TAS, the Schumacher movies). Nolan had to completely shyt on that with his "JGL plays a guy literally called Robin" though. :snoop:

I don't think it would work. It was done in the comics as part of a larger story plus you knew Bruce was coming back so it's easier to go along with if