Spider-Man Coming Home to Marvel Cinematic Universe

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And again I got all that but my point is, Peter is the guy man. Peter is spider man to a lot of people and it's an issue Marvel has dealt with for a long long time and flirted with changing only to come right back to it. I'm not saying you're wrong about how you feel about Miles and wha they'll do but I do disagree with the whole "it's not Peter Parker people want, its spider-man" thing because Parker is synonymous with spider-man to me. So like I said, you feel how you feel about it, I feel how I feel about it but clearly we're not going to see eye to eye on this one so we'll see what they decide and go from there.
I agree, Peter is Spiderman, but it's no different than Hal Jordan and John Stewart as Green Lantern, or Hank Pym and Scott Lang as Ant Man. A lot of people just use the argument that Miles isn't Spiderman, Peter Parker is. Knowledge of a character or lack there of to the general audience has never been an issue in any of the Marvel franchise so why start and make it an issue now?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I agree, Peter is Spiderman, but it's no different than Hal Jordan and John Stewart as Green Lantern, or Hank Pym and Scott Lang as Ant Man. A lot of people just use the argument that Miles isn't Spiderman, Peter Parker is. Knowledge of a character or lack there of to the general audience has never been an issue in any of the Marvel franchise so why start and make it an issue now?

Again, just don't see it that way breh. Don't see it happening. If it happens, cool but I just don't see it. If you really feel it'll happen then cool, I'm not going to tell you otherwise but in my mind, it's happening with Pete

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Shyyyyt spectacular did more in 2 seasons for me breh. It's heads and shoulders ahead of it.

Death of Gwen Stacy
Spider Man Blue
Kraven's Last Hunt
Nothing can stop the juggernaut
Spider-man no more (Amazing #50)
The Master Planner arc
Shyyyyt spectacular did more in 2 seasons for me breh. It's heads and shoulders ahead of it.

Death of Gwen Stacy
Spider Man Blue
Kraven's Last Hunt
Nothing can stop the juggernaut
Spider-man no more (Amazing #50)
The Master Planner arc

I meant like what series?

Ultimate
Amazing
Etc.

I'm not quite sure how they work.

-DMP-

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I meant like what series?

Ultimate
Amazing

I'm not quite sure how they work.

-DMP-

Amazing (616) has Peter
Ultimate has Miles although Peter is still alive

But they're doing an event this spring/summer where the worlds will collide so who knows what's going to happen at that point

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree with that. Most of the movie going public (ie the ones who have clue who the hell Miles Morales is or even that a Miles Morales exists) know that Spiderman is Peter Parker and his uncle gets killed which spurs him to become a hero; he has an old aunt who is a surrogate mom; he works at a newspaper for a blowhard editor. The character of Peter Parker is established and just as ingrained in the audience that is being targeted with these movies.
Besides I think arguing for Morales to take over is moot just because I don't think anyone in charge at Marvel Studios is looking for Miles Morales. They want (and have been wanting) Peter Parker for years and now they finally have him.
You missed my whole point in the post you quoted me on. I never said people don't know who Peter Parker is. Actually a lot of the general public do partly due to this 5 movies that have came out about this character in the last 10 years. But Spiderman is the main draw. The first two movies are proof of this. 2 VERY different Peter Parkers. But basically the same Spiderman.

I'm sure Marvel wanted Spiderman for a very long time but circumstances change, times change and the Avengers happened so they are in a very different position now than they were 4 years ago..

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Spider-Man Blue
Death of Gwen Stacy
Kraven's Last Hunt
Gang Wars
Spider-Man: Birth of Venom
The entire Master Planner arc (only a couple issues)
Amazing Spider-Man 50 (spider-man no more)
And the relaunch title Amazing 36 which is the 9/11 tribute issue

:salute: for putting Spider-Man: Blue at the top. shyt had me like :mjcry: by the end of it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You missed my whole point in the post you quoted me on. I never said people don't know who Peter Parker is. Actually a lot of the general public do partly due to this 5 movies that have came out about this character in the last 10 years. But Spiderman is the main draw. The first two movies are proof of this. 2 VERY different Peter Parkers. But basically the same Spiderman.

I'm sure Marvel wanted Spiderman for a very long time but circumstances change, times change and the Avengers happened so they are in a very different position now than they were 4 years ago..

And again breh we just disagree on the fact that people don't want Peter Parker. .I hear your point, I got it loud and clear, we just disagree which is what I've been saying. And there's no way I'm going to convince you of otherwise. You think its about the mask I think its about the guy under the mask..always has been but that's me.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, just don't see it that way breh. Don't see it happening. If it happens, cool but I just don't see it. If you really feel it'll happen then cool, I'm not going to tell you otherwise but in my mind, it's happening with Pete
If you don't think its going to happen, than that's fine. But if you can't even see Miles Morales as an option, than I think your in for a big surprise during Marvel's Secret Wars 2015.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If you don't think its going to happen, than that's fine. But if you can't even see Miles Morales as an option, than I think your in for a big surprise during Marvel's Secret Wars 2015.

Breh did you not read me tell you: It could happen. Did you not see me say "Yeah I could see them doing it" I've clearly stated countless times I could see it happening but I also think it's a bigger chance they go with Peter as per usual. I've already told you I can see it happening I just disagree with how you feel about the character and the draw etc. I've said it countless times man which is why I even said "you could be right" also countless times.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This is probably the best ever time they could use Miles Morales or Miguel as Spider-Man. The Spider-Man movie franchise is as low as it will ever probably get. This is the time where they can get away with doing something different. New Spider-Man, new suit, new supporting cast. But it will be Peter Parker.

I don't like the idea of some random teen getting involved in political affairs randomly(in the actual Civil War story he was an established hero), so he better be something akin to a child soldier/agent who's been conscripted to work as a supersoldier, who eventually becomes "Spider-Man" of new york once he's been freed and in the solo.

That was the role Black Panther played in the Ultimate Comics storyline.

T'Challa was the young prince of Wakanda and the youngest son of King T'Chaka. Rather than allow his older brother M'Baku, the rightful heir to the throne, to engage in the legendary panther trial, T'Challa impatiently and foolishly undertook the trial himself, to prove his worth as a ruler and as a warrior. The trial involved hunting and defeating a black panther in combat. Unfortunately, T'Challa lost the trial and was severely maimed when the large cat tore out his throat. His brother M'Baku brought him back to his father's home so he could recuperate. Though T'Challa underwent seventeen hours of surgery, T'Chaka did not possess the resources to provide T'Challa the necessary medical treatment and he was forced to break Wakandan tradition and request aid from the United States, in particular, the Weapon X Program.

Weapon X saved T'Challa's life, though they could not restore his ability to speak; the scientists of Weapon X used the same processes they once used to turn James Howlett into the Wolverine to enhance T'Challa with retractable, metal claws, and assigned him the codename "The Black Panther". When Weapon X was violently nationalized by S.H.I.E.L.D., T'Challa was shown mercy by, and then taken under the wing of S.H.I.E.L.D. director Nick Fury. When Fury was contacted by T'Chaka, he declared the Black Panther the property of the United States government, believing that T'Chaka was responsible for T'Challa's throat injuries and refusing to return him to his father's custody. Fury did not tell T'Challa about this, and refused to allow him to return home.

Once Fury felt that T'Challa was ready, he asked Captain America to train and mentor him in preparation for making him a member of the Ultimates. As the team's deputy leader, Rogers was uncomfortable with the notion of working with a man that he knew so little about. When he pressed Fury for more information, Fury revealed his own, incorrect theories about the origin of T'Challa's scars, and about T'Challa's history with the Weapon X Program, while also telling him that everything about the "Black Panther" was classified.

Captain America eventually established a communication with T'Challa and learned of the man's desire to return to Wakanda to see his father. Since no one but Cap had ever seen T'Challa's true face, he decided to take his place in the Ultimates, enabling the real Black Panther the chance to return home, though it is hinted through their (one-sided) dialogue that this was only meant to be a temporary situation.

http://marvel.wikia.com/T'Challa_Udaku_(Earth-1610)

Only way I can see this making any sort of sense in this version of Civil War, it's also fresh introduction/origin.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I don't see it happening doesn't mean I don't think it's possible or viable breh lol. Those are two different things. I don't think it's possible for a mario movie to ever happen again nor do I see it happening but does that mean that it won't happen or that some studio exec won't push the button to make it happen? No. The two are not synonymous at all and you know that. Do I think it'll happen with Miles as Peter? No. Do I see it happening? No. But that doesn't mean I don't think it's an option or that an exec in Culver City thinks differently and makes it happen. You're smarter than that breh come on now

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
They're not gonna bring Spider-Man into the MCU and not use Peter Parker, brehs. Stop it. This shyt is too big to go with a barely known (mainstream-wise) legacy character. That would be like Marvel finally getting the X-Men rights back and replacing Wolverine with Daken. It's not gonna fukking happen. Maybe one day in a distant future, but not right off the bat.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see it happening doesn't mean I don't think it's possible or viable breh lol. Those are two different things. I don't think it's possible for a mario movie to ever happen again nor do I see it happening but does that mean that it won't happen or that some studio exec won't push the button to make it happen? No. The two are not synonymous at all and you know that. Do I think it'll happen with Miles as Peter? No. Do I see it happening? No. But that doesn't mean I don't think it's an option or that an exec in Culver City thinks differently and makes it happen. You're smarter than that breh come on now
If you don't see it happening then you think its not an option. You'd be surprised how many people don't even see Miles as an actual Spiderman therefore believe he is not an option. You sounded like one of those people. I try to give you the benefit of the doubt but you keep supporting my assumptions.

It's not about seeing eye to eye, I'm not trying to tell you or convince you that Miles Morales will be Spiderman in the next movie. I'm trying to show you something happening that you said you can't see happening.