Spider-Man Coming Home to Marvel Cinematic Universe

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
that's my version of comic book :yeshrug:

I probably only read about 3 actual spider man comics in my life. and they were the OG joints on my computer.

I hate reading tho. :beli:

Prolly seen every spidey series tho. even Spidey and friends and the quick lived spider man 3d animation cartoon on MTV.

hell I can remember the Spidey series on Sci-Fi with the buggy eyes :lolbron:

-DMP-

Breh you gotta read the comics. At least some essentials. Hell I can suggest to you some graphic novels or trades that will get you through. That 90s series is ok at best

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Breh you gotta read the comics. At least some essentials. Hell I can suggest to you some graphic novels or trades that will get you through. That 90s series is ok at best

Yea I know. that's just my child hood man :mjcry:

I woulda put Spectacular above it but it got cut short.

What comic would you recommend?

-DMP-

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea I know. that's just my child hood man :mjcry:

I woulda put Spectacular above it but it got cut short.

What comic would you recommend?

-DMP-

Shyyyyt spectacular did more in 2 seasons for me breh. It's heads and shoulders ahead of it.

Death of Gwen Stacy
Spider Man Blue
Kraven's Last Hunt
Nothing can stop the juggernaut
Spider-man no more (Amazing #50)
The Master Planner arc

Jards

All Star
Daps
fukk an origin story. They should just do an after credits scene in AOU of Peter getting bitten by the spider which will get the people hype then boom - he's straight into MCU and ready to go in Civil War

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They'll skip the origin breh lol. I clearly didn't deny the fact that he's an option since I said they could very well go that route, but to me, in my opinion, it makes more sense to go with the guy who is spider man to the public at large rather than going with a guy in a book that not many people read (and by people I mean the masses). I love Miles and think he should get his do but do Peter first and then you can let Miles get his shine on after that or even have them exist side by side but establish the original recipe first before you add to it.

Obviously they saw a need for him because they'd been trying to get him for years and more than likely want him to be a star of the avengers once RDJ leaves and Evans leaves and all the other guys leave. They've already stated that their will be a new avengers lineup with a new cast of characters and they're going to want someone to anchor that going forward, why not have it be your most popular character? It just makes more sense and by more sense I mean money. Money always wins in the end and there's more money to be made with Peter Parker fighting alongside Cap and Iron Man than Miles Morales. There's more money to be made with Peter Parker anchoring your new avengers lineup consisting of more characters that you need to introduce rather than Miles Morales. and clearly they don't want him to be supporting breh because if they did, they wouldn't have just rearranged their whole release calendar for this

They've been trying to get the rights back to a lot of characters for years but the only reason they got this opportunity on Spiderman was because Marvel Studios smelled blood in the water at Sony after ASM2. And I'm not so sure about Marvel Studios putting Spidey as the lead after Ironman/Capt. I don't know all the ins and outs of the deal but I don't think Sony wants there main hero to be a lead in some other studios franchise and I also don't think Marvel Studios want's to put all they're eggs into the basket of a character that they only have permission to use. This is why I think they are going to use Spiderman as a supporting character. Who knows there may even be a deal on how much screen time he can even get in an Avengers film. Sony may only want him in for a specific amount of time almost as a tease so people will be more inclined to see that actual Sony funded Spiderman movie. I hope that's not the case but I'm sure these things are discussed in their meetings.

I also don't agree that bringing Spidey is going to make Marvel more money and if it does it will be very very very marginal. I doubt there are many people that were like "I was on the fence about seeing the new Avengers movie but I heard Spiderman was going to be in it so I guess I'll go." People were going to see Avengers/Civil War regardless and the slight few that weren't going to see it aren't going to make a big dent in ticket sales.

I know I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this but its not Peter Parker the brings in the crowds and its not Peter Parker people want fighting along side Iron Man and Capt. They want Spiderman. Its not Peter Parker they put on billboards and movie poster. It's Spiderman. I love Peter Parker but the average movie goer just wants to see "Spiderman" kicking ass with the avengers.

I think they moved the dates around because they wanted to make sure Sony's standalone fit into the timeline of marvels line up.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
They've been trying to get the rights back to a lot of characters for years but the only reason they got this opportunity on Spiderman was because Marvel Studios smelled blood in the water at Sony after ASM2. And I'm not so sure about Marvel Studios putting Spidey as the lead after Ironman/Capt. I don't know all the ins and outs of the deal but I don't think Sony wants there main hero to be a lead in some other studios franchise and I also don't think Marvel Studios want's to put all they're eggs into the basket of a character that they only have permission to use. This is why I think they are going to use Spiderman as a supporting character. Who knows there may even be a deal on how much screen time he can even get in an Avengers film. Sony may only want him in for a specific amount of time almost as a tease so people will be more inclined to see that actual Sony funded Spiderman movie. I hope that's not the case but I'm sure these things are discussed in their meetings.

I also don't agree that bringing Spidey is going to make Marvel more money and if it does it will be very very very marginal. I doubt there are many people that were like "I was on the fence about seeing the new Avengers movie but I heard Spiderman was going to be in it so I guess I'll go." People were going to see Avengers/Civil War regardless and the slight few that weren't going to see it aren't going to make a big dent in ticket sales.

I know I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for this but its not Peter Parker the brings in the crowds and its not Peter Parker people want fighting along side Iron Man and Capt. They want Spiderman. Its not Peter Parker they put on billboards and movie poster. It's Spiderman. I love Peter Parker but the average movie goer just wants to see "Spiderman" kicking ass with the avengers.

I think they moved the dates around because they wanted to make sure Sony's standalone fit into the timeline of marvels line up.
Yeah Marvel makes no money on the solo Spidey films so for that reason alone, Spidey is not gonna steal too much spotlight on the MCU-proper characters

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Well we just agree to disagree then breh because I don't see it the way you do, especially about your last point about the public wanting spider man and not peter parker when the public knows peter parker as spider man. there's a reason when dan slott killed peter it was national news and when he came back it was also national news.

As far as the ins and outs of the deal, sony and marvel will jointly produce and create a new spider man followed by movies. The spider man standalone films can also be filled with characters from the marvel universe and vice versa meaning he can show up in anything and anyone can show up in his movies and it makes sense to do it that way especially if your older characters are going to transition out. So like I said, agree to disagree. If that many people weren't excited about it, it wouldn't be covered in Forbes, Wall St. Journal, CNN, etc. But we'll see what happens breh, you could be right, I just don't see it.

shoot em' bruh:lupe:

Spider-Man Blue
Death of Gwen Stacy
Kraven's Last Hunt
Gang Wars
Spider-Man: Birth of Venom
The entire Master Planner arc (only a couple issues)
Amazing Spider-Man 50 (spider-man no more)
And the relaunch title Amazing 36 which is the 9/11 tribute issue

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah Marvel makes no money on the solo Spidey films so for that reason alone, Spidey is not gonna steal too much spotlight on the MCU-proper characters

But they make the money off anything he's in with a Marvel movie so why not? And if any of us have learned anything from George Lucas or Spaceballs, we know the real money is in merchandising and Marvel has always had the merchandising rights for spider-man so they still make money off the movie even if they don't get the grosses. So it's in their best interest to make sure that character is seen as much as possible and in the best light as possible to move more toys and shirts and video games etc

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well we just agree to disagree then breh because I don't see it the way you do, especially about your last point about the public wanting spider man and not peter parker when the public knows peter parker as spider man. there's a reason when dan slott killed peter it was national news and when he came back it was also national news.

As far as the ins and outs of the deal, sony and marvel will jointly produce and create a new spider man followed by movies. The spider man standalone films can also be filled with characters from the marvel universe and vice versa meaning he can show up in anything and anyone can show up in his movies and it makes sense to do it that way especially if your older characters are going to transition out. So like I said, agree to disagree. If that many people weren't excited about it, it wouldn't be covered in Forbes, Wall St. Journal, CNN, etc. But we'll see what happens breh, you could be right, I just don't see it.

People won't know Miles Morales until they introduce him. The crowds are drawn to Spiderman, not necessarily the character Peter Parker. Miles Morales was nationwide news for obvious reasons. Spiderman's death wasn't nationwide news mainly due to the fact that it wasn't the Earth-616 Spiderman which is the main storyline/comic universe.

I never said people wont be excited about it. :dwillhuh:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
People won't know Miles Morales until they introduce him. The crowds are drawn to Spiderman, not necessarily the character Peter Parker. Miles Morales was nationwide news for obvious reasons. Spiderman's death wasn't nationwide news mainly due to the fact that it wasn't the Earth-616 Spiderman which is the main storyline/comic universe.

I never said people wont be excited about it. :dwillhuh:

And again I got all that but my point is, Peter is the guy man. Peter is spider man to a lot of people and it's an issue Marvel has dealt with for a long long time and flirted with changing only to come right back to it. I'm not saying you're wrong about how you feel about Miles and wha they'll do but I do disagree with the whole "it's not Peter Parker people want, its spider-man" thing because Parker is synonymous with spider-man to me. So like I said, you feel how you feel about it, I feel how I feel about it but clearly we're not going to see eye to eye on this one so we'll see what they decide and go from there.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I disagree with that. Most of the movie going public (ie the ones who have clue who the hell Miles Morales is or even that a Miles Morales exists) know that Spiderman is Peter Parker and his uncle gets killed which spurs him to become a hero; he has an old aunt who is a surrogate mom; he works at a newspaper for a blowhard editor. The character of Peter Parker is established and just as ingrained in the audience that is being targeted with these movies.
Besides I think arguing for Morales to take over is moot just because I don't think anyone in charge at Marvel Studios is looking for Miles Morales. They want (and have been wanting) Peter Parker for years and now they finally have him.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
One guy did mention Peter by name in the official press release, lemme see if I can find it.

"Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios share a love for the characters in the Spider-Man universe and have a long, successful history of working together. This new level of collaboration is the perfect way to take Peter Parker's story into the future," added Doug Belgrad, president, Sony Pictures Entertainment Motion Picture Group.

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062..._studios_into_the_amazing_world_of_spider-man

Who knows, though.