Spider-Man Coming Home to Marvel Cinematic Universe

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm pretty confident that Marvel will use Miles Morales as their Spiderman. There's just too many reason why they should. Peter Parker's story has been told and he doesn't make a good fit in this universe. I believe Black Panther will take a leadership role and Miles will be a character that the audience watches grow into his powers and gains confidence. Miles adds a whole new dynamic to the MCU. He is a very strong contrast to Peter Parker and if you've read Miles's origin and how he came to be you'd see it fits perfectly with this universe. They can still incorporate Peter Parker but like I said in a earlier post he should be a character that existed from the past.

Sit back and think about it. Marvel Studios doesn't need a Peter Parker and Sony isn't going to go with the same format that they have done for the past two variations. They will need something that is COMPLETELTY different. It was hard enough trying to make Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield's Spiderman's different. Its going to be almost impossible to do another Peter Parker that's more different from both of them.

Miles Morales makes perfect sense. The MCU isn't Earth-616. They can make whatever type of Spiderman they want and Miles Morales is a legit Spiderman. I don't understand why people think he's some fan fiction type character that isn't a official. He is Officially Spiderman according to Marvel.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm pretty confident that Marvel will use Miles Morales as their Spiderman. There's just too many reason why they should. Peter Parker's story has been told and he doesn't make a good fit in this universe. I believe Black Panther will take a leadership role and Miles will be a character that the audience watches grow into his powers and gains confidence. Miles adds a whole new dynamic to the MCU. He is a very strong contrast to Peter Parker and if you've read Miles's origin and how he came to be you'd see it fits perfectly with this universe. They can still incorporate Peter Parker but like I said in a earlier post he should be a character that existed from the past.

Sit back and think about it. Marvel Studios doesn't need a Peter Parker and Sony isn't going to go with the same format that they have done for the past two variations. They will need something that is COMPLETELTY different. It was hard enough trying to make Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield's Spiderman's different. Its going to be almost impossible to do another Peter Parker that's more different from both of them.

Miles Morales makes perfect sense. The MCU isn't Earth-616. They can make whatever type of Spiderman they want and Miles Morales is a legit Spiderman. I don't understand why people think he's some fan fiction type character that isn't a official. He is Officially Spiderman according to Marvel.

Here's why it doesn't make sense breh: Miles' story is dependent entirely on Peter. The reason he is spider man is because of Peter, specifically Peter dying, which is the only way Pete would ever give up being spider-man is if he's dead or physically unable to do so. You don't need something completely different as much as you need to tell a good story first and foremost and throughout the movies, there have only been a handful of good stories done and no one has gotten it quite right yet. Rami and Webb each got parts of it right but nothing that I would consider definitive at all. There are plenty of stories left to tell with Peter and he can fit in seamlessly within that world simply by being the high school kid who's been active for about a year and comes up on someone's radar, possibly Tony's, due to him being a genius. Let him be a teenager for a while as opposed to rushing him off to graduate within a movie.

It's not impossible to make him different than what's come before just by doing little things: don't have him tied down to one girl but have him stuck between two: Liz and MJ. Focus on the balance between his school career and his crime fighting career which neither series has adequately done, and make him actually battle street level villains. Every villain in every movie has been based on science gone wrong, obviously drawing a parallel between them and Peter, but have him battle the mob and the underworld, which is a huge part of spider man mythos and let him dabble in that world especially since every other Marvel superhero battles larger than life threats.

A good writer can easily do that, it's not hard nor should it be

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's why it doesn't make sense breh: Miles' story is dependent entirely on Peter. The reason he is spider man is because of Peter, specifically Peter dying, which is the only way Pete would ever give up being spider-man is if he's dead or physically unable to do so. You don't need something completely different as much as you need to tell a good story first and foremost and throughout the movies, there have only been a handful of good stories done and no one has gotten it quite right yet. Rami and Webb each got parts of it right but nothing that I would consider definitive at all. There are plenty of stories left to tell with Peter and he can fit in seamlessly within that world simply by being the high school kid who's been active for about a year and comes up on someone's radar, possibly Tony's, due to him being a genius. Let him be a teenager for a while as opposed to rushing him off to graduate within a movie.

It's not impossible to make him different than what's come before just by doing little things: don't have him tied down to one girl but have him stuck between two: Liz and MJ. Focus on the balance between his school career and his crime fighting career which neither series has adequately done, and make him actually battle street level villains. Every villain in every movie has been based on science gone wrong, obviously drawing a parallel between them and Peter, but have him battle the mob and the underworld, which is a huge part of spider man mythos and let him dabble in that world especially since every other Marvel superhero battles larger than life threats.

A good writer can easily do that, it's not hard nor should it be

You not hearing me. Miles story is completely dependent on the LACK of Peter Parker. I said in a post earlier in a thread mapping out exactly why Miles would work. In short in the past there was a more covert S.H.E.I.L.D. test taskforce that Nick Fury assembled and Peter along with some other characters (maybe Stephen Strange and even the Hulk) was apart of it. Something went wrong and Peter died. Members blamed S.H.E.I.L.D. or Nick Fury specifically and cut ties and left S.H.E.I.L.D. But of course S.H.E.I.L.D. will keep tabs on these individuals. After the events of Age of Ultron there is a Spiderman sighting or someone with similar powers as him which alerts Nick Fury, Spiderman's close friends, allies and even enemies. Nick Fury tracks him down and it sort of plays out like how the comics did.

But basically Peter Parker existed in this universe and went through all the sort of things we saw in the previous movies. And the MCU will acknowledge it.

The standalone movies can be about Miles coming to terms with his powers and the responsibility of having the mantle of "Spiderman" and living up to that name. He could be trained by Capt. America or BP etc. And different characters can make cameos that have fought alongside and knew Spiderman on a personal level and can give him guidance and backstory on who Peter Parker really was and the type of heroic and brave things he's done.

This way Peter is a prominent character in the MCU but we don't have to go through everything we went through during the 5 other movies of him.

The whole mentality of "Keeping redoing Peter Parker/Spiderman until we get it right" is ridiculous and just plain messy. And audiences and fans will catch onto that.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
You not hearing me. Miles story is completely dependent on the LACK of Peter Parker. I said in a post earlier in a thread mapping out exactly why Miles would work. In short in the past there was a more covert S.H.E.I.L.D. test taskforce that Nick Fury assembled and Peter along with some other characters (maybe Stephen Strange and even the Hulk) was apart of it. Something went wrong and Peter died. Members blamed S.H.E.I.L.D. or Nick Fury specifically and cut ties and left S.H.E.I.L.D. But of course S.H.E.I.L.D. will keep tabs on these individuals. After the events of Age of Ultron there is a Spiderman sighting or someone with similar powers as him which alerts Nick Fury, Spiderman's close friends, allies and even enemies. Nick Fury tracks him down and it sort of plays out like how the comics did.

But basically Peter Parker existed in this universe and went through all the sort of things we saw in the previous movies. And the MCU will acknowledge it.

The standalone movies can be about Miles coming to terms with his powers and the responsibility of having the mantle of "Spiderman" and living up to that name. He could be trained by Capt. America or BP etc. And different characters can make cameos that have fought alongside and knew Spiderman on a personal level and can give him guidance and backstory on who Peter Parker really was and the type of heroic and brave things he's done.

This way Peter is a prominent character in the MCU but we don't have to go through everything we went through during the 5 other movies of him.

Doesn't work. You're going to kill off or write off one of the most beloved comic book characters of all time and do it off screen? Again Peter doesn't qui being spider-man. I hear you loud and clear and the reason Miles became Peter is because Peter died. He learned from Peter's sacrifice, he learned from those who knew Peter was spider-man, whether it be Gwen or Aunt May or MJ, and he took up the mantle. But him being at Peter's funeral is a huge part of his character and he looks up to Peter Parker. Shyt Spider-Verse just ended and Miles constantly refers to not wanting to let Peter down and trying to be as good of a hero as he is.

They're not going to acknowledge the older movies, that's pretty much already been said, it's a new universe with a new continuity that you can map out and as I said, there are plenty of stories to do with spider man that have nothing to do with the 5 movies we've seen. I've had spectacular spider-man on all day while 2K downloads on my xbox one and this show nails spider-man. If you want to see stories that haven't been done or need some ideas as to what a writer could do with spider-man, watch this show.

Master Planner arc
Gang Wars arc
Liz Allen
Tombstone
Kingpin
The big man
Vulture
Kraven
High school

It's all there breh. I'm not saying they won't use Miles, they very well could, but to say that it makes more sense to go with him rather than Peter just doesn't make sense to me. Not to mention the fact that they've wanted him to be in Civil War since last year, and there's a reason for that. If they didn't have plans specifically for Peter, they could introduce him in any movie next year or just not at all, but they wanted Civil War because he's crucial to the story, Peter Parker, not Miles Morales

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I think the first movie should be a year one type deal. spidey been at it for a year or so, has shyt down pat and starts to get confident enough to take on the gang wars.

Silvermane/ Hammer head vs. Kingpin/Smythe vs. Spidey

Have spidey fight a spidey slayer or some shyt :wow:

-DMP-

Erik Killmonger

TRUE KING OF WAKANDA
Daps
I think the first movie should be a year one type deal. spidey been at it for a year or so, has shyt down pat and starts to get confident enough to take on the gang wars.

Have spidey fight a spidey slayer or some shyt :wow:

-DMP-
They should start him as street level like Daredevil and eventually move up to Avengers status in Infinity Wars

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
They should start him as street level like Daredevil and eventually move up to Avengers status in Infinity Wars

Yup. I want to see Kraven and Tombstone and Kingpin and Silvermane and Hammer head and the big man. They need more street level stuff especially if its going to mesh with the world of daredevil

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734

Have spidey fight a spidey slayer or some shyt
:wow:

-DMP-
Damn yall really liked the 90s cartoon like that huh?

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't work. You're going to kill off or write off one of the most beloved comic book characters of all time and do it off screen? Again Peter doesn't qui being spider-man. I hear you loud and clear and the reason Miles became Peter is because Peter died. He learned from Peter's sacrifice, he learned from those who knew Peter was spider-man, whether it be Gwen or Aunt May or MJ, and he took up the mantle. But him being at Peter's funeral is a huge part of his character and he looks up to Peter Parker. Shyt Spider-Verse just ended and Miles constantly refers to not wanting to let Peter down and trying to be as good of a hero as he is.

They're not going to acknowledge the older movies, that's pretty much already been said, it's a new universe with a new continuity that you can map out and as I said, there are plenty of stories to do with spider man that have nothing to do with the 5 movies we've seen. I've had spectacular spider-man on all day while 2K downloads on my xbox one and this show nails spider-man. If you want to see stories that haven't been done or need some ideas as to what a writer could do with spider-man, watch this show.

Master Planner arc
Gang Wars arc
Liz Allen
Tombstone
Kingpin
The big man
Vulture
High school

It's all there breh. I'm not saying they won't use Miles, they very well could, but to say that it makes more sense to go with him rather than Peter just doesn't make sense to me

I never said Peter Parker quit. I know exactly how and why Miles became Spiderman. But as I'm sure you know this is the MCU and it doesn't have to mimc the comics verbatim.

I didn't mean acknowledge the movies specifically , I meant acknowledge the feats of Spiderman. Similar to the type of things we saw him do in the movies.

And nowhere did I say there aren't enough stories to tell about Peter Parker. That is stupid to think there isn't, hell he's been around for 40+ years.

But you have to stand back and look at the situation. Sony has attempted 2 versions of Spiderman within a 5-10 year period. Both of which they dropped. I honestly don't think Sony is going to roll the dice try this incarnation of Spiderman again.
They have 3 choices:
1. New origin
2. Skip the origin
3. Miles Morales

So now Marvel is in the picture. Looking at the direction the MCU is going and Peter Parker as a character, I don't think they see a NEED for Peter Parker as a main protagonist in there Universe. Like many people have said in this thread, The best stories with Spiderman have been HIS stories. Not ones when he teamed up with a whole group of people. Marvel wants Spiderman as a supporting character in their Universe and Peter Parker is not a supporting character.

Don't sit here and deny that Miles Morales is not a major option when you look at the broader scope and situation that both studios are in.

I'm sure a lot has happened in the MCU in between the first Capt. America movie and the first Ironman movie and if Marvel studios ever wants to delve into that time period Peter Parker can make an appearance and they can even show exactly what happened to the original Spiderman that we all know and love.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I never said Peter Parker quit. I know exactly how and why Miles became Spiderman. But as I'm sure you know this is the MCU and it doesn't have to mimc the comics verbatim.

I didn't mean acknowledge the movies specifically , I meant acknowledge the feats of Spiderman. Similar to the type of things we saw him do in the movies.

And nowhere did I say there aren't enough stories to tell about Peter Parker. That is stupid to think there isn't, hell he's been around for 40+ years.

But you have to stand back and look at the situation. Sony has attempted 2 versions of Spiderman within a 5-10 year period. Both of which they dropped. I honestly don't think Sony is going to roll the dice try this incarnation of Spiderman again.
They have 3 choices:
1. New origin
2. Skip the origin
3. Miles Morales

So now Marvel is in the picture. Looking at the direction the MCU is going and Peter Parker as a character, I don't think they see a NEED for Peter Parker as a main protagonist in there Universe. Like many people have said in this thread, The best stories with Spiderman have been HIS stories. Not ones when he teamed up with a whole group of people. Marvel wants Spiderman as a supporting character in their Universe and Peter Parker is not a supporting character.

Don't sit here and deny that Miles Morales is not a major option when you look at the broader scope and situation that both studios are in.

I'm sure a lot has happened in the MCU in between the first Capt. America movie and the first Ironman movie and if Marvel studios ever wants to delve into that time period Peter Parker can make an appearance and they can even show exactly what happened to the original Spiderman that we all know and love.

They'll skip the origin breh lol. I clearly didn't deny the fact that he's an option since I said they could very well go that route, but to me, in my opinion, it makes more sense to go with the guy who is spider man to the public at large rather than going with a guy in a book that not many people read (and by people I mean the masses). I love Miles and think he should get his do but do Peter first and then you can let Miles get his shine on after that or even have them exist side by side but establish the original recipe first before you add to it.

Obviously they saw a need for him because they'd been trying to get him for years and more than likely want him to be a star of the avengers once RDJ leaves and Evans leaves and all the other guys leave. They've already stated that their will be a new avengers lineup with a new cast of characters and they're going to want someone to anchor that going forward, why not have it be your most popular character? It just makes more sense and by more sense I mean money. Money always wins in the end and there's more money to be made with Peter Parker fighting alongside Cap and Iron Man than Miles Morales. There's more money to be made with Peter Parker anchoring your new avengers lineup consisting of more characters that you need to introduce rather than Miles Morales. and clearly they don't want him to be supporting breh because if they did, they wouldn't have just rearranged their whole release calendar for this

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Damn yall really liked the 90s cartoon like that huh?

that's my version of comic book :yeshrug:

I probably only read about 3 actual spider man comics in my life. and they were the OG joints on my computer.

I hate reading tho. :beli:

Prolly seen every spidey series tho. even Spidey and friends and the quick lived spider man 3d animation cartoon on MTV.

hell I can remember the Spidey series on Sci-Fi with the buggy eyes :lolbron:

-DMP-