Spider-Man Coming Home to Marvel Cinematic Universe

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Stop that breh :deadrose: I been positive about it from jump but that doesn't mean I can't have my reservations. I told you, I don't stan for companies that don't pay me, only characters. I've got questions but that's because I know nothing except he's going back to high school, which I like if someone is actually going to explore it this time rather than just give it lip service. I like the Feige is a producer and that Pascal still gets to steer the series and I love that Avi Arad is no longer involved minus an exec producer credit. But I've got questions just like any fan of the character would
this is our biggest victory yet :banderas: all we are looking for is a simple marvel won, or gotta give props to marvel or marvel run shyt

even a DC is done will suffice :troll:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Thats what Im saying.

Spider man is literally the one comic book character the romance angle is a huge integral part of the character to me. i understand certain complaints of asm 1/2. Like I understand it was too much going on at once,some tonal problems and the villains were meh at best. But the complaints about the love story and shyt?Miss me with that. The two things they undeniably got right were the gwen/peter relationship and how spider man looks and acts in action.

And to have to go back once again to high school when I,as a a fan of the character just felt relief that we were passed that point in asm is just frustrating. I really dont care about that part of his life to be honest,in the film universe of the character.

fukk high school peter i want college and/or working in the job market peter.

I'd prefer college Peter but I think there's sruff to mine for high school Peter. But again the college Peter should be dealt with. Paying bills, saving money for a bike or car, dating MJ, dealing with different classes etc

And once again I agree with you about the love story and the spider man interpretation.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Thats what Im saying.

Spider man is literally the one comic book character the romance angle is a huge integral part of the character to me. i understand certain complaints of asm 1/2. Like I understand it was too much going on at once,some tonal problems and the villains were meh at best. But the complaints about the love story and shyt?Miss me with that. The two things they undeniably got right were the gwen/peter relationship and how spider man looks and acts in action.

And to have to go back once again to high school when I,as a a fan of the character just felt relief that we were passed that point in asm is just frustrating. I really dont care about that part of his life to be honest,in the film universe of the character.

The relationship between Peter and Gwen in those movies is the thing they got right more than anything else in the movie. Garfield and Emma had great on screen chemistry and their relationship was really believable. That's such an important part of Spidey's story. Where they dropped the ball was having too much other shyt going on and having some goofy ass villains that basically countered all the good work they did with the relationship, and it limited the impact of Gwen's death. Movie should have been more focused imo and they could have had a winner.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
The relationship between Peter and Gwen in those movies is the thing they got right more than anything else in the movie. Garfield and Emma had great on screen chemistry and their relationship was really believable. That's such an important part of Spidey's story. Where they dropped the ball was having too much other shyt going on and having some goofy ass villains that basically countered all the good work they did with the relationship, and it limited the impact of Gwen's death. Movie should have been more focused imo and they could have had a winner.
I disagree, I think having ASM and 2 be mostly centred on their relationship is what hurt it. At least Sam raimi's fleshed out PP and his villains characters. ASM and 2 felt like spidey trying to compete with twighlight

Last edited:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
I disagree, I think having ASM and 2 be mostly centred on their relationship is what hurt it. At least Sam Miami's fleshed out PP and his villains characters. ASM and 2 felt like spidey trying to compete with twighlight
The relationship is a very important part of Peter's story and needed to be emphasized for Gwen's death to have a real impact. I had no problem with the relationship aspect of the film. The villains could have been more fleshed out and focused if there wasn't so much extra added to the story, like the stuff with his parent and the hidden lab. Plus as @Prodigal Syndicate stated before, they really struggled with tonal imbalance. It didn't know if wanted to be really campy or really serious. Jamie's Electro was all over the fukking place. In fact, I don't even think the villains suffered because they weren't fleshed out, I just think they were really mismanaged.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I'm with you on this. Would much rather see adult, married Spiderman dealing with grown man problems. Even if there are other adults with the Avengers, his struggles as an everyman trying to balance being a hero with just trying to make it in this world, regular job, relationship problems and all are unique. It's a story that really hasn't been told in any of the big comic movies recently. That's my favorite version of Peter, worrying about his wife and work and paying the bills, all while kicking some ass and taking mad shyt. He would have the 1 love story out of all these movies that wouldn't feel like it was wedged in and forced because those are his everyday problems. I think that's much better than watching him go through the awkward high school phase again.

it's a reboot so I guess they are looking at the long term. Why start from adulthood when you can maximize the success of the franchise by suckering today and tomorrow's generation with a soppy teen angst stories :mjpls:

For him to fit into the timeline properly for civil war he has to be young, naive, impressionable ect...grown men don't get sonned to the degree he got sonned by Stark. By the time his solo movie comes out he could have a little more experience, but for his intro he has to be green, all that job market/mature shyt is counter to him being apart of the MCU at this point in time.

I was upset that Andrew wouldn't be coming back at first but I get it now.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The romance has driven the last 5 movies across 2 different series we don't need to see it again in a third and sixth movie. Would have preferred an older Spider-Man in his prime, but that's not going to happen, especially with Ant-Man :yeshrug:. My guess is that it will be similar to how The Maze Runner movie was done where you've got a teenage main character, along with a large teenage supporting cast and minimal romance throughout the duration of the series:ehh:. They'll most likely keep him high school for the entire series as opposed to just one or half of a movie where he quickly graduates.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I know you be on yo "fukk marvel fans" shyt, and I don't bother commenting cause I respect the gangsta of your agenda, but I had to comment on this.... cause I completely agree. Both of those franchises aren't really big with the crossovers. Their universes abs rogue galleries can stand alone. With that being said I do like the possibility of the occasional mingling and showing that they do actually exist in the same universe. I just don't wanna see any over saturation of 1 into the other. I never sat well with the idea of Spiderman or Wolverine being full time Avengers In the comics. Always liked when they did join the team that it was always on temp status and they would decline full time membership.
I aint even on no fukk marvel shyt thays the funny thing.

I give legimate critiques of marvel films and point out the constant hypocrisy of the fan base. People get mad about it because they dont want an honest discussion. Its just 30 pages of:gladbron::gladbron::gladbron: and a big circle jerk.

The mcu films are FAR from perfect and have many glaring issues. But people dont want to have a real discussion.

Its like when some rapper is on top of the game and no matter what they releass the stans are just going :blessed::blessed: and acting like everything is perfect. The rapper hears this, doesnt evolve at all then just like the fan base turns on him because hes become so stale and reptitive.

Mcu films are very formulaic and cookie cutter. People will tire of it eventually but why would they change right now when nobody is willing to even admit any problems with the films.

I just want the films to be better. :manny:

I just consider myself to mcu in this forum as to what jon stewart is to fox news. Ill never get tired of pointing out theblatant hypocrisy.