Spider-Man Coming Home to Marvel Cinematic Universe

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Because not everyone who reads the comics watches the movies breh. How many people on this board love saying they don't read comics? Or that they stopped reading comics when they were younger? There are much much more people who watch the movies than watch comics and that's an issue you can address simply by revealing the guy who runs the bugle is obsessed which is the same reason in the comics. You never question it in the comics because you know the man in charge has a vendetta with spider-man; it's a very personal thing between the two of them so of course he's going to cover him non stop in order to prove that he's a crook just like everyone else that wears a mask. JJJ would have no problem with Tony because he's a billionaire, he'd have no problem with cap because he's a war hero and Jonah respects that, and I'm willing to bet he wouldn't have a problem with the avengers as a whole although he would have something to say about the damage done to new york city; but this punk kid in a mask doing a job no one asked him to do? Yeah that's a problem.

And my point is, if its that easy for anyone who reads the comic to see it wont be that hard to portray it in the movies. Thats why that complaint should be dismissed.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And my point is, if its that easy for anyone who reads the comic to see it wont be that hard to portray it in the movies. Thats why that complaint should be dismissed.

I think it's easy for people who read comics to get it because a lot of them have been knee deep in comics and understand the history of the characters. When I read Amazing today, I read it knowing and understanding the 50 years of history and understanding how this world works but in each of these movies, Marvel or otherwise, they've explained things even things you'd think they wouldn't have to, in order to make things make sense for the world they're building. So it's something that more than likely will be obsessed in order to paint a fuller picture of that world plus it's great character work for JJJ, why not do it?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
And aside from The Avengers, how many films have actually taken place in New York? It kind of makes sense The Bugle would focus on Spider-Man. He's based in the city.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
And aside from The Avengers, how many films have actually taken place in New York? It kind of makes sense The Bugle would focus on Spider-Man. He's based in the city.

That's fair but I just feel like it's a great moment to give Jonah some motivation and it would make sense to at least bring it up. If he doesn't, someone on his staff would, like Leeds or Robbie

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spidey's getting his OWN movie after Civil War, anyways. It's not like the Avengers will be all up in it.

Well they said they can use each others characters without a fee but obviously the script would need approval from both sides. Avengers is the trump card and im sure Marvel dont want the spider man movies to be the team up franchise takin away their thunder

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I think it's easy for people who read comics to get it because a lot of them have been knee deep in comics and understand the history of the characters. When I read Amazing today, I read it knowing and understanding the 50 years of history and understanding how this world works but in each of these movies, Marvel or otherwise, they've explained things even things you'd think they wouldn't have to, in order to make things make sense for the world they're building. So it's something that more than likely will be obsessed in order to paint a fuller picture of that world plus it's great character work for JJJ, why not do it?

Lets be honest here, most people in our age range has their comics knowledge based on the X-Men, Spiderman, and Batman Fox cartoons or if someone brought in a Wizard to school we would look at that. Most of us arent heavy in the comics like that even though we know a bit about these characters. So if we as kids could pick up that JJJ just didnt like Spiderman even though there was a lot more crazier shyt going on in the story then conveying that to the audience in a movie is not a difficult task at all. Its not a negative, its not even worth nitpicking over like Syndicate was doing.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Lets be honest here, most people in our age range has their comics knowledge based on the X-Men, Spiderman, and Batman Fox cartoons or if someone brought in a Wizard to school we would look at that. Most of us arent heavy in the comics like that even though we know a bit about these characters. So if we as kids could pick up that JJJ just didnt like Spiderman even though there was a lot more crazier shyt going on in the story then conveying that to the audience in a movie is not a difficult task at all. Its not a negative, its not even worth nitpicking over like Syndicate was doing.

I'm not entirely going to agree with you because I do to an extent but I also feel it's a valid argument and can lead to something good. I feel like it's easier for kids because kids don't really give a shyt lol. I know I didn't. Just entertain me and I'm done but again, why not explain it when it serves one of your characters? Just seems like a wasted opportunity in my eyes but that's me

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sorry don't want to see the coolest superhero and alter ego combo of all time in peter/spidey.
treated like some bullshyt martyr like they did in the comics fukking it all up.
marvel has down Petey dirty as fukk his whole time as a character for no reason.
only happy period for Petey was getting married.
Let my dude live, cot dammit.
isn't uncle Ben and Gwen enough....
you can tell the writers of spidey never went through real shyt, cause they had no chill after 91.

been fukking his life up even worse for 20 plus years, now.
why can't Pete websling and come home to the baddest bytch in comic in peace.
fukkin mother groups don't even let spidey.
really put the flue flops on nikkaz like he used to either.
his villains hate him cause he punched and stomped them nikkaz out.

all that scientist conclusion shyt is that mother's group bullshyt.
spidey used to throw Dem hands, on some real shyt reprimanding nikkaz.
now, he all lemme connect the blue wire to the green and man fukk all that,..
give spidey back his spidey sense for real, and make him the real spidey, again.
spidey used to be clotheslining muggers just for fun.
now, he a bytch cause of marvel.
bring back the real spidey that would check silver sable for real.

Art Barr

I agree, you make a good argument for the comic universe, Marvel wasn't quite sure what to do with Spidey because they have literally done EVERYTHING to him. And since he is one of their most popular characters they have to keep pushing out stories and making him relevant. Miles Morales is literally them saying "We've run out of ideas."

But I'm focusing more on the live action universe. I think audiences are ready for a new rendition of Spiderman since they have already been exposed to 2 different versions of Peter Parker. People keep saying Miles Morales isn't Spiderman and that's their only argument but Marvel has said time and time again that Miles is Spiderman whether fans want to accept it or not.

In the next standalone Spiderman movie they are going to need something to separate themselves from BOTH recent Spiderman reboots. We've had 2 different Peter Parkers who are very different from each other so I'm not sure which type of Peter Parker they are going for this time around.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to make an argument against Peter Parker, I'm totally fine with him. But I think people shun Miles Morales too quick and don't give him a chance.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Miles is growing too large a fanbase so he won't be ignored for long. If he's not in the film, I can see him getting his own series down the road whether its live action or animated.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the top ten grossing marvel comics movies ever

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year
1 Marvel's The Avengers BV $1,518.6 $623.4 41% $895.2 59% 2012
2 Iron Man 3 BV $1,215.4 $409.0 33.7% $806.4 66.3% 2013
3 Spider-Man 3 Sony $890.9 $336.5 37.8% $554.3 62.2% 2007
4 Spider-Man Sony $821.7 $403.7 49.1% $418.0 50.9% 2002
5 Spider-Man 2 Sony $783.8 $373.6 47.7% $410.2 52.3% 2004
6 Guardians of the Galaxy BV $774.2 $333.2 43% $441.0 57% 2014
7 The Amazing Spider-Man Sony $757.9 $262.0 34.6% $495.9 65.4% 2012
8 X-Men: Days of Future Past Fox $748.1 $233.9 31.3% $514.2 68.7% 2014
9 Captain America: The Winter Soldier BV $714.8 $259.8 36.3% $455.0 63.7% 2014
10 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Sony $709.0 $202.9 28.6% $506.1 71.4% 2014

wow EVERY SPIDERMAN MOVIE EVER. who needs who?

Spiderman 1,2,3 all came before Marvel Studios got into the groove of the MCU.

Also by posting this information you are kind of discrediting your own point.

Notice the trajectory of money and dates. Marvel Studios has a decent upward flow, while Sony's Spiderman seems to be going in a negative trajectory. When you have the most popular marvel hero and you cant keep up with Capt. America, Iron Man, or GotG. Big changes need to be mad.

Now we don't know all the ins and outs of the deal, but from the outside looking in it looks like Marvel gained Spiderman in their MCU didn't have to give up anything.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Miles is growing too large a fanbase so he won't be ignored for long. If he's not in the film, I can see him getting his own series down the road whether its live action or animated.
I was watching a video of someone reacting to Spidey coming to Marvel/Disney and they were saying they are already laying the groundwork in the comics to have Miles Morales in the movies but not as Spidey. They said in the comics it has been revealed his pops worked for SHIELD back in the day and then they showed a cover of a comic of MM flying while wearing a SHIELD uni.

I really do not care what version of Spidey they use as long as it is done well.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Everyone knows this.... even Time.

The boy Donald about to be spiderman

http://time.com/3703175/donald-glover-next-spider-man/
ax0j08.jpg

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Spiderman 1,2,3 all came before Marvel Studios got into the groove of the MCU.

Also by posting this information you are kind of discrediting your own point.

Notice the trajectory of money and dates. Marvel Studios has a decent upward flow, while Sony's Spiderman seems to be going in a negative trajectory. When you have the most popular marvel hero and you cant keep up with Capt. America, Iron Man, or GotG. Big changes need to be mad.

Now we don't know all the ins and outs of the deal, but from the outside looking in it looks like Marvel gained Spiderman in their MCU didn't have to give up anything.

Yeah they didn't give up anything because they still get the merchandising rights to it as part of the deal from years ago. Sony gets most if not all of the grosses from the spider man movies but none of the profits from the movies he in that aren't produced by sony

I'd like to see him get his own thing because he has his own cast of characters which is damn near completely separate from Peter's

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Sony is going younger with its next Spider-Man.

Now that Andrew Garfield is hanging up the red and blue spandex, Sony Pictures is getting ready to put out a casting call to find its next web slinger. The plan is for the character to go back to high school in the next films, Variety has learned from sources with knowledge of the studio’s plans.

A number of actors already have been mentioned as being considered for the role, including “The Maze Runner” and “Teen Wolf’s” Dylan O’Brien and the “Percy Jackson” franchise’s Logan Lerman. Lerman most recently co-starred in Sony’s “Fury.”

SEE MORE:‘Spider-Man': How Sony, Marvel Benefit from New Deal

Actors have yet to be approached, and sources say Sony is looking to hire a new director to replace “The Amazing Spider-Man” films’ Marc Webb before tapping a new Spidey. The studio also needs to figure out whether it wants to go with another Peter Parker or introduce another character that suits up as Spider-Man, including Miles Morales, whose father is African American and mother is Puerto Rican.

Sony has put the character, played by Tobey Maguire and Garfield, in Midtown High School before, but the plan is to spend more time in the setting and explore his awkward relationship with other students while fighting crime out of the classroom. Midtown is a major setting in the comicbooks, and Peter Parker also returns to the school to become a science teacher in storylines.

Sony needs to move fast, since Marvel wants to introduce the new actor playing Spider-Man in “Captain America: Civil War,” in theaters in 2016, before launching his own solo franchise at Sony in 2017.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/spider-man-new-movie-high-school-marvel-1201430231/