Spider-Man Coming Home to Marvel Cinematic Universe

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The more I read about this and the more think about this I keep hating it more and more.

Spider mans best stories are solo stories in his own universe. I know in comics its kinda like you have to just not think TOO hard about shyt but film is an entirely different medium.

How is spider man unique what so ever anymore now in his world? Why would daily bugle and new york care about spidey THAT much when they've now seen an alien invasion involving Gods happen in the city? And casting him in high school again?

I dont want to see a young peter parker again.

By throwing spidey in as another cog in the marvel factory it just takes out everything thats special about the character to me. Spidey works better as a ground level hero with day to day life problems and he occassionaly fights a a villain.

And their still making sinister six?! How does that make ANY sense when they just spent two movies building to sinister and are throwing those out?

This has the makings of a giant cluster fukk.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Garfield was great in the first movie and average in the second one (had more to do with the script and direction). The graduation scene where he strolled through in his shorts like some dumb jock summed up how weird his portrayal of PP was ASM 2.

A clean break from those two films is needed imo.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The more I read about this and the more think about this I keep hating it more and more.

Spider mans best stories are solo stories in his own universe. I know in comics its kinda like you have to just not think TOO hard about shyt but film is an entirely different medium.

How is spider man unique what so ever anymore now in his world? Why would daily bugle and new york care about spidey THAT much when they've now seen an alien invasion involving Gods happen in the city? And casting him in high school again?

By throwing spidey in as another cog in the marvel factory it just takes out everything thats special about the character to me. Spidey works better as a ground level hero with day to day life problems and he occassionaly fights a a villain.

And their still making sinister six?! How does that make ANY sense when they just spent two movies building to sinister and are throwing those out?

Well here's what I'm reading: his movies will still be about him with the chance for interaction with other characters. Interaction I don't mind but don't make it a team up. I don't even like him as part of the avengers for real and it has nothing to do with the movies just the fact that he's not a team player. Sure he can do it but that's not his thing; he's a loner

BodeineBrazy

hehehehehehehehehe
Daps
Reppin
Philly, Norfside

my nikka shut up,

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It wouldnt be a Marvel thread without him providing the negativity. Its to be expected at this point.

Lol true but he has a point. Once you wipe away all of the noise, his point about spidey working better as a solo act is true; those are his best stories and that's the character. When you put him in a group setting, he normally doesn't work as well especially since the tendency is to make him jokey comic relief all of the damn time and his skill tends to be underplayed. He gets in a group and all of a sudden he's not a genius anymore, he's just some kid who doesn't shut up.

And he also raises good points about new york and the bugle but with the bugle the answer is simple: JJJ is obsessed, that's why the bugle cares. They have to walk that fine line of keeping spidey's new york in a semi vacuum while also letting it be known there's a larger world it lives in

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Lol true but he has a point. Once you wipe away all of the noise, his point about spidey working better as a solo act is true; those are his best stories and that's the character. When you put him in a group setting, he normally doesn't work as well especially since the tendency is to make him jokey comic relief all of the damn time and his skill tends to be underplayed. He gets in a group and all of a sudden he's not a genius anymore, he's just some kid who doesn't shut up.

And he also raises good points about new york and the bugle but with the bugle the answer is simple: JJJ is obsessed, that's why the bugle cares. They have to walk that fine line of keeping spidey's new york in a semi vacuum while also letting it be known there's a larger world it lives in

Those are all issues that people have brought up in the comics for decades though. He has interacted with the Avengers since the 60s.

And the Bugle thing is laughable. So people being the living embodiment of sand/water/electricity, alien symbiotes, and vampires are cool, but once men wearing Iron Suits and other aliens show up its just completely far fetched to those citizens?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Those are all issues that people have brought up in the comics for decades though. He has interacted with the Avengers since the 60s.

And the Bugle thing is laughable. So people being the living embodiment of sand/water/electricity, alien symbiotes, and vampires are cool, but once men wearing Iron Suits and other aliens show up its just completely far fetched to those citizens?

And I've always hated when he interacts with the avengers lol..Again this is all personal preference but I've always had an issue with it because of the reasons I've stated. I just hate seeing my favorite character reduced to comic relief and in truth the best interactions he has in the avengers are with wolverine

And his point about the bugle tho makes sense. He didn't say anything about it being far fetched, he's saying why would the publication care about a guy dressed as a spider when they've already seen an alien invasion, which is why I said you have to carefully craft the new york of his movie in 2017 in order to effectively communicate why the paper would care about it because he has a point. To me, the answer is JJJ and his obsession.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
And I've always hated when he interacts with the avengers lol..Again this is all personal preference but I've always had an issue with it because of the reasons I've stated. I just hate seeing my favorite character reduced to comic relief and in truth the best interactions he has in the avengers are with wolverine

And his point about the bugle tho makes sense. He didn't say anything about it being far fetched, he's saying why would the publication care about a guy dressed as a spider when they've already seen an alien invasion, which is why I said you have to carefully craft the new york of his movie in 2017 in order to effectively communicate why the paper would care about it because he has a point. To me, the answer is JJJ and his obsession.

But i dont see why that should be brought up as a movie issue when its been dealt with in the comics for 50 years. Like i said why should they care about someone dressed as a spider when they have people made of electricity flying around?

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
But i dont see why that should be brought up as a movie issue when its been dealt with in the comics for 50 years. Like i said why should they care about someone dressed as a spider when they have people made of electricity flying around?

Because not everyone who reads the comics watches the movies breh. How many people on this board love saying they don't read comics? Or that they stopped reading comics when they were younger? There are much much more people who watch the movies than watch comics and that's an issue you can address simply by revealing the guy who runs the bugle is obsessed which is the same reason in the comics. You never question it in the comics because you know the man in charge has a vendetta with spider-man; it's a very personal thing between the two of them so of course he's going to cover him non stop in order to prove that he's a crook just like everyone else that wears a mask. JJJ would have no problem with Tony because he's a billionaire, he'd have no problem with cap because he's a war hero and Jonah respects that, and I'm willing to bet he wouldn't have a problem with the avengers as a whole although he would have something to say about the damage done to new york city; but this punk kid in a mask doing a job no one asked him to do? Yeah that's a problem.