Spider-Man Coming Home to Marvel Cinematic Universe

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Civil War starts shooting in April so I guarantee you they've already got a list of people they're looking at, and it will be cast relatively soon. I go with either this new kid in the kingsman, Logan Lerman or Anton Yelchin (especially since he's wasted in star trek)

Ive fukked with Yelchin since Alpha Dog. Out of him and Lerman tho, I'll pick Lerman. Dude seems like he's got mad charisma and has steady grown as an actor since 310. Can't go wrong with either, but you've gotta think that the studios gotta at least hit both of them up

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
43e78a974a.gif

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif
:youngsabo:

The greatest gif in the history of the innanets

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I may be paranoid for this one, but my fear is what if, by some miracle, Marvel either gets the rights of the heavy hitters, X-Men and Fantastic Four, or fox pulls a Sony and decides it's in their best interest to break bread with marvel and make a collaboration. And Fox says, "we want a spot for x-men and/or fantastic four in your phase 3 plans for this deal to be final".

You best believe Marvel will push back the remaining phase 3 movies with the quickness again, including BP, and I wouldn't even blame them too much for doing so.

I know it's unlikely being that Marvel and Fox are beefing, but if FF and X-Men apocalypse flops and Civil War and the MCU spider man movie becomes a big success, then who knows?

you can bet ff flops because it is chronicle part two, I believe.
of which, i don't remember chronicle ever making bread like avengers.
chronicle was good for a one shot movie with no major comic book company universe.
that is why it worked.
it would have never worked, if it was a major comic book company film.
so, half the idea of ff flopping is already going to happen.
xmen III the reboot will flop because of who the villain is and no principles who can defeat or challenge the main villain are present.
so, you can bet on it being the end like the last third installment signaled a reboot.

Art Barr

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I'm just not trying to see Black Panther flop. Releasing the film two weeks from Justice League was suicide. It gets pushed back into the summer movie season with less competition. That's a win.

That's cool, but as you can see, anything can change in the next 3 years. For all we know other major movie announcements may happen and they end up slotted in summer 2018.

Hell, if there was one movie I wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed back, it would be Justice League.

In any case, I just want the BP movie to be done, done well, and be released. Hopefully, no more push backs.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
dawg, all this shyt is like fifteen years to late.
Petey was a married adult before I was in the seventh grade or some shyt, breh.
plus, it was never written in quality in the actual mags.
when, it needed to before marvel fukked themselves over.
so, what are you saying.
this shyt is damn near fifteen to twenty years overdue.
I am 38 years old.
they ruined spidey and xmen twenty one years ago.

Art Barr

I'm a couple of years younger than you - but just because a bunch of the things they're doing now mean less to us, it doesn't mean that they're lesser in general. Guaranteed there's a kid somewhere out who will have his pops buy him his first Spider-Man book tomorrow, he'll be:wow:over it, and it will shape his understanding of art and storytelling the same way it did for us. It doesn't matter to him how old Spider-Man is or what his marital status is.

Case in point - I bought my 5 year old nephew a Marvel Lego playset for Xmas and I've never seen the little breh :krs: like he did when he saw the Lego Hulk.

To me Marvel and DC are making modern day mythology. It's as much about the lessons from the story as it is about the characters themselves.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
your decision is like homer being head of creative at his brother's automobile company.

Art Barr

nikka just because you don't like Donald doesn't mean he wouldn't make a great spider-man. A even better Miles, he pretty much is as close to a irl spiderman as you can probably get. Down to his "alter ago" that comes out via his rap.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
I may be paranoid for this one, but my fear is what if, by some miracle, Marvel either gets the rights of the heavy hitters, X-Men and Fantastic Four, or fox pulls a Sony and decides it's in their best interest to break bread with marvel and make a collaboration. And Fox says, "we want a spot for x-men and/or fantastic four in your phase 3 plans for this deal to be final".

You best believe Marvel will push back the remaining phase 3 movies with the quickness again, including BP, and I wouldn't even blame them too much for doing so.

I know it's unlikely being that Marvel and Fox are beefing, but if FF and X-Men apocalypse flops and Civil War and the MCU spider man movie becomes a big success, then who knows?

I'd be really, really surprised if they get the X-Men rights back before 2018. The films are doing well in their own right at Fox. Fantastic Four is interesting because they already gave Marvel the :pacspit:for enquiring about Galactus and The Silver Surfer in exchange for Daredevil. Even if it flops, I can see them being stubborn enough to try it again with a new cast.

If they do get it - I'd drop it after Inhumans to set up The Illuminati - minus Charles and Namor - and maybe start the build towards Planet/ World War Hulk.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
btw, i called Percy Jackson pre-Garfield, but my sleeper pick is gonna be the kid from Maze Runner. He's basically the same person, and he's from NY... if that matters

Daps
The MCU was already looking to be epic without Spider-Man so seeing all those films getting pushed back has me kinda :patrice:

They gotta make this next spider-man with absolutely zero slack for me to really fukk wit it now anything less and :patrice: