Sorry but Houston is terrible!

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Born and raised in NYC, been living in Houston for 6 almost 7 years come January. I was only going to be here for 3 years but I can give my family everything they need, a home and an opportunity for my boys to play sports year round.

Houston is not a touristy place per se but it does have pockets like Washington & Mid-Town where you can go out, drink and party.

If money was no object i would probably live in NYC, Chicago or San Fran. Houston would still be on my top 5 though, minus May-October.

A rational out of towner. I agree with every thing you posted. No one is claiming Houston is the best city on the planet but it is very far from trash as the OP initially stated. If money was no object there are far better places to live, including Paris, France, Monaco, toronto, Vancouver, Manhattan, San Fran, or even Rio De Janeiro. But all things considered including cost of living, sports teams, cultural activities, out door activities, cultural diversity, great job market, nightlife, entertainment, dining variety, proximity of beaches and water, and great weather, Houston has all the major bases covered and then some. Furthermore you can hop on a plane and get to Mexico, the carribean, and numerous international destinations due to Houston being the hub for both Southwest and United.

So overall Houston is a great town and even Forbes rightly named it so. I may disagree with it being labled the "coolest" city in the union, but its most def top five and I have been all over the world. Anyone on some, "I was in the city for a few hours and there was nothing to do so the city is trash" steez needs to shut the fukk up because they have exactly no idea what the fukk they are talking about.

locoloco87

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as a mexican..houston is the utopia for mexicans but im good over here with my pr and cuban chicks in florida:datazz:

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Im broke, but you live in a crack infested hood. GTFOH. My neighborhood is is exclusive hoe. We balling at here. Take your broke ass back to your rat infest NY borough you claim to love so much. And for the record, WHY THE HELL DID YOU LEAVE THE UTOPIA THAT IS NY IN THE FIRST PLACE? As if you'll be able to get a job up there any quicker. :heh: Last I checked the unemployment for black males in NY was approaching 50% in certain burroughs! :mjpls:

A Breakdown Of New York’s Black Unemployment By Area | Breaking News for Black America

Good luck on your job search fukker. :heh:

Cool story bro, but i am self employed, something your simple mind cannot even comprehend...and fyi, i came here to take care of my pops. Lol @ exclusive neighborhood...nikka you probably live in mo-city or briargate you limp wristed hood rich wannabe fakkit ass nikka. I'm 27 and still have enough money to get my pops a nice home, take care of him and move back into apt in ny which i still own fakkit.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
how does it compare to ATL? at graduation everybody kept actin like Houston was the next ATL as far as black wealth goes. seems too hot for me tho​

Atlanta and Houston has a lot in common though I think Atlanta has more in common with Dallas than Houston. ATL is up there with DC and NYC as far as Black wealth goes. Houston is not up there as of yet. Houston is in that next tier with Chicago, Philly, and others. But the Black population in Houston is growing...pretty fast might I add. I could easily live in Houston myself but I hate the weather.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
And I don't know why you all shyt on Houston's club scene. You got your douche clubs, your upscale lounges for the young urban professional and your hoodrat spots.

The difference is that they're not all in a centralized location. The gentrification happening around the city center has created a trend of clubs closing down in one recently gentrified area and move into the new area. Washington Ave has stood the test of time though (2-3 years) because the gentrification of 3rd Ward has been extremely slow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Petty Crocker

Looking GREAT in my 30s
Daps
Born and raised in NYC, been living in Houston for 6 almost 7 years come January. I was only going to be here for 3 years but I can give my family everything they need, a home and an opportunity for my boys to play sports year round.

Houston is not a touristy place per se but it does have pockets like Washington & Mid-Town where you can go out, drink and party.If money was no object i would probably live in NYC, Chicago or San Fran. Houston would still be on my top 5 though, minus May-October.

I live in the heights and Washington Avenue is always popping..There is always something to do in Houston. Lol @ non existent nightlife...Downtown houston, midtown, Washington Ave, richmond and westheimer strips....I think if there is nothing for you to do, you simply arent looking for anything to get into.

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
isnt it true people from Houston dont think nothing of 1 hour cruises to the store on the other side of the city because they are used to having to travel so much?

i live in a compact city and love it i dont think i could deal with the sprawl

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah its really spaced out. Im moving bqck to fla or either atlanta

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Damn, I knew the weather in Houston sucked and how flat it was but I never knew it was this bad. I was in Dallas for a weekend for my cousin's wedding and I love that city. My cousin told me he wouldn't have gotten married if he stayed in Houston though on how poppin the nightlife was and the women there. He lived in the H for four years.

My sis was in Houston a few years back and she said the same thing about the traffic and how far away you had to travel to do anything.

I lived in Sacramento my whole life but I wanna move eventually . Dallas just fits me more personally :mindblown: @ a city nearly three times bigger than mines having NO waterparks, NO decent lakes/rivers within 20 miles with a shytty public transportation system. Only the Bay with BART, MUNI and AC Transit is fukking with us on the west coast .

Aside the better cost of living, sports teams and places to eat, I need to see more out of Houston to consider it being from Cali.

Though I wanna make a trip to see the black women you got down there :cape:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
isnt it true people from Houston dont think nothing of 1 hour cruises to the store on the other side of the city because they are used to having to travel so much?

i live in a compact city and love it i dont think i could deal with the sprawl

:childplease:

It don't take no damn one hour to get anywhere in Houston unless there's traffic. And traffic is an issue an every city. Even the "utopian" NYC

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I can't put into words how lame you have to be to "have nothing to do" in Houston. It also says a lot about the type of person you are if you find Houston boring. Lol at Houston not being a good place to be if you're single. If you can't find somebody (for the night or for life) in Houston then once again it says a lot more about the individual.

Fwiw, Houston has never been a tourist destination and has never been advertised as one. Different strokes for different folks but if you can't enjoy yourself in one of the best big cities then idk what to tell you. Some people just have to live in LA, Miami, Chicago or NY I suppose...

Charlie Broadway

Greg Ward Jr. SZN
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Damn, I knew the weather in Houston sucked and how flat it was but I never knew it was this bad. I was in Dallas for a weekend for my cousin's wedding and I love that city. My cousin told me he wouldn't have gotten married if he stayed in Houston though on how poppin the nightlife was and the women there. He lived in the H for four years.

My sis was in Houston a few years back and she said the same thing about the traffic and how far away you had to travel to do anything.

I lived in Sacramento my whole life but I wanna move eventually . Dallas just fits me more personally :mindblown: @ a city nearly three times bigger than mines having NO waterparks, NO decent lakes/rivers within 20 miles with a shytty public transportation system. Only the Bay with BART, MUNI and AC Transit is fukking with us on the west coast .

Aside the better cost of living, sports teams and places to eat, I need to see more out of Houston to consider it being from Cali.

Though I wanna make a trip to see the black women you got down there :cape:

Everything you said was true. Houston is a cool place but don't come for the weather or the scenery. Dallas is a cool place also. So Cal is awesome though...

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I can't put into words how lame you have to be to "have nothing to do" in Houston. It also says a lot about the type of person you are if you find Houston boring. Lol at Houston not being a good place to be if you're single. If you can't find somebody (for the night or for life) in Houston then once again it says a lot more about the individual.

Fwiw, Houston has never been a tourist destination and has never been advertised as one. Different strokes for different folks but if you can't enjoy yourself in one of the best big cities then idk what to tell you. Some people just have to live in LA, Miami, Chicago or NY I suppose...

So what dorms are you in? Lemme slide thru :youngsabo: