Sony's cynical game design. 2016 update, Movie Games Galore!!!

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Do we know that spiderman will be heavily scripted?
Arkham had a lot of story scenes to it but I think everyone would agree the game focused on game play and had A LOT of it.
Again, I mention Quantum Break as the standard for a game that is "cinematic" or a "movie game".
It's just a little weird. It's cool if you don't like that genre (if you will) but you gave Quantum Break, Ryse, and Tomb Raider high praise and those games were VERY cinematic.
It just sounds like you're drawing the line with Sony games.
I didn't give those games high praise. Go back to the quantum break and tomb raider threads.

I said the same thing about those games. I think Recore is better than both :manny:

I think Ryse was better than it got credit for, but that's it.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm probably in the minority with my opinion.

Obviously people like this style a game as they usually sell well. I just think they are boring:manny:
That statement is 100% fine on its own.
It's just weird that you would say you find those types of games boring but praised Quantum Break, which was literally a movie with 15 minute game play sequences sprinkled in between.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I didn't give those games high praise. Go back to the quantum break and tomb raider threads.

I said the same thing about those games. I think Recore is better than both :manny:

I think Ryse was better than it got credit for, but that's it.
:ehh:Tomb Raider runs laps around Recore and it isn't even fair.
I would even say Quantum Break is better than Recore as well.
I enjoyed Quantum Break more so than I didn't, I just can't stand their decision to focus so much on those episodes.
Recore is actually a half decent game. It just feels like something that would be given away on GWG overall.
I agree with you 100% on Ryse. That wasn't a bad game, and I liked the story a lot. (I feel the same way about The Order)
My complaint about Ryse is that I feel like the HUD is hideous for a game that has such great graphics.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Do we know that spiderman will be heavily scripted?
If it's anything like the rest of their games.

We've gone through this multiple times in his thread. I said "the order" "driveclub" "uncharted" would end up this way and sony stans argued I was wrong. The games come out and we see what happened. I said the same about Horizon and GOW, and we see what direction they went in.

It's clear that's the formula Sony is aiming for. I'm not making it up:manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
If it's anything like the rest of their games.

We've gone through this multiple times in his thread. I said "the order" "driveclub" "uncharted" would end up this way and sony stans argued I was wrong. The games come out and we see what happened. I said the same about Horizon and GOW, and we see what direction they went in.

It's clear that's the formula Sony is aiming for. I'm not making it up:manny:
I'm not disagreeing with you on your logic as far as "IF" spiderman will be heavily scripted. I'm not agreeing either. It's too early.
Gears of War 4, Quantum Break, Ryse, and Tomb Raider, are all heavily scripted, with set pieces and leaning on story. Racing games are always repetitive.
What XBOX games do you like then? It sounds like you've outgrown gaming overall.
It's going to be hard moving forward to find games that are all game play and very light on story.
I feel like game devs have always wanted to create a cinematic experience in their worlds, they just didn't have the tools at the time.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That statement is 100% fine on its own.
It's just weird that you would say you find those types of games boring but praised Quantum Break, which was literally a movie with 15 minute game play sequences sprinkled in between.

I didn't praise quantum break.

I personally didn't like quantum break, as it's not my style of game.

Before it's launch I was excited cause I thought it was bringing some new ideas to the old formula. But ultimately it wasn't enough.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'm not disagreeing with you on your logic as far as "IF" spiderman will be heavily scripted. I'm not agreeing either. It's too early.
Gears of War 4, Quantum Break, Ryse, and Tomb Raider, are all heavily scripted, with set pieces and leaning on story. Racing games are always repetitive.
What XBOX games do you like then? It sounds like you've outgrown gaming overall.
It's going to be hard moving forward to find games that are all game play and very light on story.
I feel like game devs have always wanted to create a cinematic experience in their worlds, they just didn't have the tools at the time.
Gears doesn't fit. As it's more gameplay focused and Multiplayer is the main draw.

Games I've liked recently have been all about gameplay.

The Surge
I literally can't put Forza Horizon 3 down
Titanfall 2
Deus X
Dishonored

Stuff like that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:ehh:Tomb Raider runs laps around Recore and it isn't even fair.
I would even say Quantum Break is better than Recore as well.
I enjoyed Quantum Break more so than I didn't, I just can't stand their decision to focus so much on those episodes.
Recore is actually a half decent game. It just feels like something that would be given away on GWG overall.
I agree with you 100% on Ryse. That wasn't a bad game, and I liked the story a lot. (I feel the same way about The Order)
My complaint about Ryse is that I feel like the HUD is hideous for a game that has such great graphics.
I put both tomb raider and quantum break down to never return and played Mirrors edge and Recore to completion instead :manny:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Gears doesn't fit. As it's more gameplay focused and Multiplayer is the main draw.

Games I've liked recently have been all about gameplay.

The Surge
I literally can't put Forza Horizon 3 down
Titanfall 2
Deus X
Dishonored

Stuff like that.
Nah Gears is absolutely set piece and script driven. That's not taking anything away from the game play or the multi, but as far as this convo (Games being set piece and cinematically driven) goes I easily put it in the same category as uncharted.
Deus X is heavy as hell on story.
I get your point overall though.

*Sidenote: Your original pic lumped Horizon Zero Dawn in there, which is inaccurate in the boundaries of this conversation. Horizon is not set piece driven or scripted at all. Its open world and the story is revealed in a very non-intrusive way while still being very important. They did a very good job with that game.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I put both tomb raider and quantum break down to never return and played Mirrors edge and Recore to completion instead :manny:
I beat tomb raider and quantum break. Interestingly enough, I played quantum break all the way through in a 2 or 3 days. Tomb Raider, I played a bunch and then stopped. Came back to it months later and beat it. Recore I enjoyed, got close to the end and haven't been back to it. (Other games took priority).

You liked the new Mirror's Edge?
Was it better than the first? How does it compare?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I beat tomb raider and quantum break. Interestingly enough, I played quantum break all the way through in a 2 or 3 days. Tomb Raider, I played a bunch and then stopped. Came back to it months later and beat it. Recore I enjoyed, got close to the end and haven't been back to it. (Other games took priority).

You liked the new Mirror's Edge?
Was it better than the first? How does it compare?
I liked it better than the first, but I think it being open world was a negative. Too much backtracking and getting lost trying to find where the fukk to go.