Sony's cynical game design. 2016 update, Movie Games Galore!!!

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How am I jealous when i am buying the game I am just stating facts from the movement and grab kill throwing us last of us.

how many games have the same engines or play similar though?

My point is that there is lots of nitpicking over nothing.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
While [Microsoft] are doubling down on games as services, such as Minecraft and Sea of Thieves, and community driven PC-friendly titles like Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds and State of Decay, Sony continue to invest in lavish, story-driven AAA blockbusters. Does Layden agree with that assessment of the respective philosophies?

“My philosophy is to play to my strengths,” he argues. “And if you look at the studios we have - Naughty Dog, Guerrilla, Santa Monica Studios, Japan Studios - that’s what we do well. We do story. We create characters. I was so gratified to see the response to [Horizon Zero Dawn protagonist] Aloy when she showed up on the screen and the crowd went wild.

“Those are the kind of things we do well. It’s what we’re known for. It really speaks to our entertainment DNA. We wish to entertain. We wish to make you happy. We wish to make you cry. That whole range of emotions we can pluck at to make you have a great experience.

“Games as a service? We have a bit of that with our MLB [The Show] title - it’s got the same virtual currency a lot of sports have - and we have other titles that come up that play in that space. But if you want to make a big generalisation about what does Worldwide Studios do? We’re big on character. We’re big on story.”

So you are happy to concede that ground to Microsoft?

“I’m not conceding anything,” Layden snaps back. “I reserve the right to enter anything at any time if I have a team and a concept that works in that space.“

E3 2017 - PlayStation's Shawn Layden on Death Stranding, Spider-man and the nature of the console competition

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well, he kinds has a point, especially after Shawn Laydens latest interview.
And ultimately it's null because it ain't like the games are wack. Meach just super imposing his views on gaming.

Like @Kamikaze Revy said, when someone says something look like a movie it's 99% of the time a compliment.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
And ultimately it's null because it ain't like the games are wack. Meach just super imposing his views on gaming.

Like @Kamikaze Revy said, when someone says something look like a movie it's 99% of the time a compliment.
Didn't say they were wack. Y'all just like to pretend I'm making the shyt up.

Sony is playing to their base, as they should.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't say they were wack. Y'all just like to pretend I'm making the shyt up.

Sony is playing to their base, as they should.
You tried to spin it into saying if you played one you played em all which is retarded. Horizon is nothing like Uncharted or TLOU.
Saying they are because they all have cinematic like, high production values are dumb

Your comments are full of shyt breh

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You tried to spin it into saying if you played one you played em all which is retarded. Horizon is nothing like Uncharted or TLOU.
That's how i feel once I start playing them.

You can say uncharted and tlou are different, but the actual gameplay loop is very similar.

Horizon is open world, but again has that same gameplay loop.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
That's how i feel once I start playing them.

You can say uncharted and tlou are different, but the actual gameplay loop is very similar.

Horizon is open world, but again has that same gameplay loop.
But this goes back to my point that any game or genre can be trivialized. This isn't a Sony specific issue.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
8vtTLF5.png
:damn:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But this goes back to my point that any game or genre can be trivialized. This isn't a Sony specific issue.
Yes. But I'm only talking about the ones that can be trivialized in this way.

You clearly understood what I was getting at, as you gave examples of other games that fit the bill even though their "genre" would be considered different.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Apparently the general public approves because Sony consoles sell and so do their games. Why not do what works? Id rather they do that then the whole games as a service thing which I'm not a fan of. Sony games are experiences one remembers. Games as service games are simply the next iteration. A sequel to the Last of Us doesn't diminish the original. With games as a service it's like once the sequel is out the original is irrelevant.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Apparently the general public approves because Sony consoles sell and so do their games. Why not do what works? Id rather they do that then the whole games as a service thing which I'm not a fan of. Sony games are experiences one remembers. Games as service games are simply the next iteration. A sequel to the Last of Us doesn't diminish the original. With games as a service it's like once the sequel is out the original is irrelevant.
Casuals :scust: